This rumour about £50 to access the CCCS

Regardless of this specific rumour

Our supporter base will need to dramatically increase what we are putting in, whether it’s via a membership scheme or / and a season ticket rise

Really just need to be much more open about need to collectively raise contributions from our support.

Copying Man Utd with their £50 annual membership fee before you can buy tickets.
I doubt we would shift many tickets for friendlies and home cup games if people had to fork out £50 before you can even buy one.

Here's a bit about Leeds' Gold Membership:

Thank you. So, that appears to give members who are non-season ticket holders a priority period to buy home match tickets before general sale. Similarly, it gives members who are non-season ticket holders a priority period to buy tickets for away matches - after sale to season ticket holders. Plus a range of discounts,

There is absolutely not a hope in hell Rangers will charge £50 for "access to CCCS."

Rangers want to increase CCCS membership not reduce it.
It matters not a jot that ballots for big games is a result of that.

Revenue for the smaller ties far outweigh this.

The vast majority of money collected on CCCS doesn't go to Rangers. The number of people on the away CCCS who take their ticket even when they aren't planning on attending, ie some people who are members of an RSC, is far too big. Maybe this will get rid of the people who abuse the away ticketing system and allow people to get to more matches.

The vast majority of money collected on CCCS doesn't go to Rangers. The number of people on the away CCCS who take their ticket even when they aren't planning on attending, ie some people who are members of an RSC, is far too big. Maybe this will get rid of the people who abuse the away ticketing system and allow people to get to more matches.
I was more referring to home matches were CCCS is hugely important to the club.
They won't want to risk losing a big chunk of cup revenue on home games against diddy teams.

I don't disagree with anything you've said at first glance.

Question, when Aberdeen send us tickets, and we sell them on at the same price, who actually pays all the admin staff and resources involved in sorting out these away tickets?

Why should shareholders and season ticket holders who don't go away, pay for this?
There is a £1 fee added on to each ticket that should amply cover that.

Just my opinion on it, easy way to create revenue for the club, possibly cuts out people with no intention of going to games, most EPL clubs you have to pay £50 a season in order to purchase tickets for the home games

man easy way to create revenue on top of my season tickets for me and my boys, travel club membership, limited addition tops just before Xmas etc. There has to be a point where you say that’s plenty.
the club should fight the fans corner. We pay sometimes double the price at an away game to watch the same game as the home fans in the same stadium with sometimes worse facilities. If they could sort stuff like that then it would make it easier to ask for more cash from us

Heard it’s going to be a gold silver and bronze membership scheme and gold is £150 ... don’t know how true it is but if it’s true then the club is taking the piss and treating us very poorly

Not a chance the membership scheme will be for existing season-ticket holders.

It'll be an incentive for non-season ticket holders to get first dibs on tickets that don't sell out.

£50 membership fee and you still wont be guaranteed a semi final/final ticket

Exactly - surely the purpose of the scheme would be to protect some people's semi-final/final ticket, which becomes null in void as soon as a certain number sign up?!

What’s this about? Hoping it’s bullshit.
I’m up for it .If it will set me apart from a large percentage of other fans and will
Guarantee me semi /cup final rather than just priority then I’m up for it . Would even go to £100.
That’s why the CCCS scheme was introduced. If your willing to pay , you’ll get the premium tickets .
Also I’m hoping cup finals will be a more regular occurrence now

I’m up for it .If it will set me apart from a large percentage of other fans and will
Guarantee me semi /cup final rather than just priority then I’m up for it . Would even go to £100.
That’s why the CCCS scheme was introduced. If your willing to pay , you’ll get the premium tickets .
Also I’m hoping cup finals will be a more regular occurrence now
But everyone will pay it anyway and we’ll still be balloted.

Basic cccs free, non st games, and 1 away ticket(if box checked) from lower cat games ie livi, killie etc

Tier 1 membership, non st games and 2 tickets(if box checked) from lower cat games
Chargeable 50, non priority for semi and final first option to buy if available

Tier 2 membership , non st games and balloted for all away games, and semi finals finals etc, a better organisation so no one can receive say 2 final tickets when someone hasn’t had 1.
Chargeable say 80-100.

Hopefully true

Should get rid of quite a fair number of those only interested in signing up to away games in the hope of landing a big game ticket whilst punting the “shite” game tickets

Membership is coming. I’ve no clue what it will look like or how it will work but from what I’ve heard it will be in for next season.

Would put an end to people signing up their family and friends who have no interest in going! I know people who have 4 or 5 season tickets signed up for away games for themselves.

Also a lot of supporters buses sign up members who only go to home games and friends of members etc.

IMO this won't stop this. Individuals will just pay it and resell any additional tickets with a small premium to cover the cost of the sign up fee.

Just to add a bit of context, I'm speaking as someone who paid £40 quid to join the travel club this year.
Having been to 4 games this season and 1 last, and 10 plus going back over our last 5 seasons in Europe, yet I've effectively paid it for 2 points for applying, had zero tickets, mainly due to last seasons decision to deny non-STH from joining.

The club get things wrong, but on the whole get a lot more grief when stuck between a rock and hard place with this kind of thing. Never going to cover costs and please everyone!
If you've been to 4 games this season you will have been successful in getting a ticket for all 4 games.

If you've been to 4 games this season you will have been successful in getting a ticket for all 4 games.
Home end hospitality. Over 300 quid. Feyenoord.
Direct from Young boys.
Porto home end.
Off here for Legia Warsaw.
Home end Villarreal last season.

No successful travel club applications. 2 points.
Joined up for TC as soon as I knew I could after KB last season.

too many people are using other season ticket holders details for themselves. e.g signing you dads and uncles up to the away scheme to give yourself another chance.

paid membership fee will see the numbers come down right away

Direct from Young boys.
Porto home end.

How could you have been unsuccessful with Porto when it went down to 0 points?

so far this season I think I have had one ticket - Ross County mid week.
if they start charging £50, i'll just come out of the scheme, and i think plenty others will do the same. I think rangers would be crazy to implement this.

Most clubs operate a membership scheme for non season ticket holders down south. It's extra revenue and seathub tickets would go to them I guess. Cccs should stay as is.

I think a membership scheme for non-season ticket holders is a must.

Members can get first shot at any seatsub tickets.

so far this season I think I have had one ticket - Ross County mid week.
if they start charging £50, i'll just come out of the scheme, and i think plenty others will do the same. I think rangers would be crazy to implement this.

Been saying similar for weeks this will cost Rangers money but I do think there'll be a membership scheme for non ST holders

How could you have been unsuccessful with Porto when it went down to 0 points?
Not everyone got one.
As it was the first game I was eligible for the email with the times went to spam.
By the time I found out in here it was open to zero pointers. Sometime around 10am the Sunday, the day it opened to zero pointers, they were sold out.

If there's a membership scheme of say £50 per season, I think this could well have a detrimental impact on Club1872 subscriptions...

Can you imagine the moaning on here when folk are paying a membership fee and missing a semi/final or get a livi away ticket over a hibs/hears

Season ticket holders should be automatically enrolled as members of any such scheme, having an add on is essentially just a price increase.

Direct from Young boys.
Porto home end.

Had you purchased hospitality through rangers you get the points.

Had you purchased hospitality through rangers you get the points.
I get the point anyway for applying.
Same seats, still no "Value" from my 40 quid. But it is what it is.
The travel club have costs so they have to be covered.

The only point I'm making is. Rangers shouldn't cover these costs out of my dads season ticket money when he can't make away games anywhere.

Rangers must be in the top three in Britain for fanloyalty but like every thing else you can only piss with the machinery supplied,on a matter of principle I couldn't and wouldn't pay another 50.

Of course Rangers solution to the issue we currently have is to take MORE money off of fans.

Continously take advantage of how loyal this support really is, and yet I can’t think of a club who does less for the support.

I think we will see a membership scheme similar to the Leeds United one - for non-season ticket holders, at least initially. Whether it then develops further may well have to wait another year or two I suspect.

As I said in an earlier post, it’s weird how much support there was for a membership scheme - vital additional means of putting money into the Club etc - yet now we are getting there and the realisation is dawning that it might actually cost some money the moaning has started. We don’t even know what the scope of any scheme will be yet either.

The CCS is over subscribed - the ballots for every semi and final prove this. This could be a way of whittling it down. Would favour the better off though, and therefore I'd be out on principal.
But it would also mean that the’better off’ would be putting more money into the club.

Of course Rangers solution to the issue we currently have is to take MORE money off of fans.

Continously take advantage of how loyal this support really is, and yet I can’t think of a club who does less for the support.
l’d be genuinely interested to hear some examples of clubs in our league who do more and what they do.

Not sure where the complaint of value is bad. The majority of clubs in England have this to access tickets if you're not a ST holder.

I think we will see a membership scheme similar to the Leeds United one - for non-season ticket holders, at least initially. Whether it then develops further may well have to wait another year or two I suspect.

As I said in an earlier post, it’s weird how much support there was for a membership scheme - vital additional means of putting money into the Club etc - yet now we are getting there and the realisation is dawning that it might actually cost some money the moaning has started. We don’t even know what the scope of any scheme will be yet either.

Not from me there wasn’t. Have never been a fan of membership schemes.

Just another cash grab from the fans IMO.

Not from me there wasn’t. Have never been a fan of membership schemes.

Just another cash grab from the fans IMO.

As I’ve suggested, I think it will - initially at least - be targeted at non-season ticket holders who only get to make occasional trips to Ibrox and live abroad/away from Ibrox. Like me I guess.

I only get to Ibrox a handful of times a year now at best, and getting a ticket can be difficult for the more ‘attractive’ games. I rely on RangersTV. A membership scheme that included my RangersTV package and gave me a priority period to purchase home game tickets when I do find myself able to get up to Scotland would be attractive to me and many others I suggest.

What about people with kids? Alright saying "if you can't afford it don't join" I'll be £200 out of pocket and not even been to an away game Ffs.

Direct from Young boys.
Porto home end.

You get a point for applying regardless if you are successful do you not

shouldn’t you have more than 2 points?

Back