This season couldn’t have started any better really.

Tagsbear

3 games, 3 wins, 3 clean sheets and COVID FC getting a major disadvantage from a pandemic they took full advantage of a few months ago.

We probably could have scored more goals, the manager said as much tonight, but we’ve barely given up a chance let alone a goal in the opening 3 games, very early days but that is a good sign.

Got to keep it going. It will be absolutely killing them watching us winning and them not playing. They are all in the “wait until May. Sevco are still shite” denial stage at the moment. Sunday moves it onto its next stage which is the anger stage. The week from then until we both next play is going to be some viewing.

Same again on Sunday please Rangers.

Our feet are on their throats.

No matter how this season turns out, even if they win it

10 in a row is offically cursed (in general speaking, not just this run), even if they cheated their way to it

3 games, 3 wins, 3 clean sheets and COVID FC getting a major disadvantage from a pandemic they took full advantage of a few months ago.

We probably could have scored more goals, the manager said as much tonight, but we’ve barely given up a chance let alone a goal in the opening 3 games, very early days but that is a good sign.

It's been a great start to the season made even better by the dhims self destruction. Take Livingstons scalp on Sunday now and we can welcome the chase!

Last edited:

There are at least 2 post match threads that would suggest you are wide of the mark with your positivity mate.

Agreed, I feel there is a difference to our team this season. More confidence? We haven't really looked to have been troubled.
Do you think there's also been a change in confidence with we fans?

When the notion of the SG maybe pausing football was mooted I was absolutely gutted. We'd only played two games but we could see the change from The Sheep game to St Mirren match and had we'd not played tonight we'd have lost that momentum.

I can't wait to 'go' to Livi on Sunday and play them off the park.

The results have been excellent and you know there’s more to come. Another gear to find. For about 15-20 mins tonight we looked really good. Hopefully it’ll come together and a couple of teams end up being on the end of real pastings. At least there’s to be no winter break this season!

There’s a lot more to come from this team too. I feel like we’ve threatened to play outstanding football at times without actually putting in a 90 minute performance that makes you say ‘f*ck me we are quality’. Once the signings are up to speed and we’ve had more games/time on the training pitch I think we’ll be looking really strong.

Got to keep it going. It will be absolutely killing them watching us winning and them not playing. They are all in the “wait until May. Sevco are still shite” denial stage at the moment. Sunday moves it onto its next stage which is the anger stage. The week from then until we both next play is going to be some viewing.

Same again on Sunday please Rangers.

Our feet are on their throats.

Yip, we have to win the next 2 games, not bothered how we do it but a good few goals would be ideal because ‘league leaders Rangers, 11 points clear’ no matter if there are games in hand plays a part and adds pressure, we’ve been there many times recently.

started well 3 wins 3 clean sheets 5 different scorers already. strolled every game so far without ever looking out of 1st gear. possibly games we might have dropped points in last year. one bonus was not dropping points on the back of the bheasts dropping points something we seemed incapable of capitalising on last season.

I just hope the players don't get carried away if we stretch the lead to 11 points. I'm sure Gerrard will be saying take no notice of the league table until we are on even games played because You'd expect them to win the majority of the games in hand if not them all so that lead will be cut back down to 2 if we both keep winning....that could be psychological seeing 11 points cut to 2 even though its not because we are dropping points. Hopefully the fixture pile up and pressure to reduce the gap has them in a panic and they continue to play shite and drop points

6 points from our next two matches; Livingston (away) and Kilmarnock (home) would be massive.

Title challengers lay down that marker.

I'm sure Gerrard will have that drummed into them.

Reactions: cav
I just hope the players don't get carried away if we stretch the lead to 11 points. I'm sure Gerrard will be saying take no notice of the league table until we are on even games played because You'd expect them to win the majority of the games in hand if not them all so that lead will be cut back down to 2 if we both keep winning....that could be psychological seeing 11 points cut to 2 even though its not because we are dropping points. Hopefully the fixture pile up and pressure to reduce the gap has them in a panic and they continue to play shite and drop points

We need to expect Celtic to win their three games in hand if we win our next two.

Even if they do though, it’s good to see our players coping with an early test of character.

People saying game at a time, and 6 points from the next two tough games is vital, are absolutely spot on.

That said, to go one step further. We can't drop a point before the Old Firm.

Livingston (A)
Kilmarnock (H)
Hamilton (A)
Dundee Utd (H)
Hibs (A)
Mothwrwell (A)
Ross county (H)

A rough run of games but if we win all of them, we go in to the old firm game with an 8 point minimum lead and all the pressure on them. Even a draw at parkhead would be enough to keep us ahead and the pressure on.

But again, game at a time, focus on ourselves, and hope they slip some more along the way.

Someone on that match thread last night during the second half play before all the subs when we were knocking the ball about and playing some lovely football that we’re on the cusp of something special with this squad and I think they could be right!

One game at a time, on paper our next real challenge should be Hibs away, but by then Hibs might have reverted to type, or indeed it might have all gone to shit for us.

Stay calm, stay focused, tick the games off with routine wins.

Just keep winning and go about our business quietly

Seeing bears on twitter talking of point gaps and getting ahead of ourselves makes me want to bang my head off a wall. You’d have thought we’d have learned by now

We need to expect Celtic to win their three games in hand if we win our next two.

Even if they do though, it’s good to see our players coping with an early test of character.
Absolutely, this is a huge test for our mentality. If we've got the balls for this season we will be 11 points in front by the time they next kick a baw

Every game we win puts more pressure on them. They haven't really felt pressure since we came back up. Possibly going into the last 2 winter breaks but we very quickly took the pressure right off them once the season re started.

If we do win our next 2 then every game they play becomes a must win.

The thing is they only get to play one of the games in hand at the moment.

Realistically we are going to need to get Between 97-100 points to win the league so we will need to win around 30 from the remaining 35 fixtures. Get at least 7 points from old firm fixtures will make a huge difference

Good start but long long way to go.
The scum know how to operate over the course. They will not lie down. Let's remember they were, as will we, always going to drop points. Kilmarnock was an obvious possibility. That is why Livi away for us is crucial.
I can see this season being very tight. Could be down to last day as when they stopped our 10.

Strap yourselves in folks.

Two difficult fixtures coming up. A dogged Livingston side played on concrete then Kilmarnock who always give an extra 20%/30% against us. Maximum points from these games and I'll be delighted.

Agree, next two games are going to be tough but if we get through these then I’d be delighted and it would set us up nicely for the 2 or 3 games after that.

Good start but long long way to go.
The scum know how to operate over the course. They will not lie down. Let's remember they were, as will we, always going to drop points. Kilmarnock was an obvious possibility. That is why Livi away for us is crucial.
I can see this season being very tight. Could be down to last day as when they stopped our 10.

Strap yourselves in folks.
Very possible, however if anything happens to Ajer or Edouard they could implode spectacularly. I’m not seeing any depth of quality in that squad. Forrest and McGregor inspire no fear in me any more. Mongo is 100% on the wane. Greg Taylor and an 18 year old as full backs. An untried goalie. A combustible manager getting more stressed by the minute. I’m not getting carried away, but there’s plenty reasons for optimism.

People saying game at a time, and 6 points from the next two tough games is vital, are absolutely spot on.

That said, to go one step further. We can't drop a point before the Old Firm.

Livingston (A)
Kilmarnock (H)
Hamilton (A)
Dundee Utd (H)
Hibs (A)
Mothwrwell (A)
Ross county (H)

A rough run of games but if we win all of them, we go in to the old firm game with an 8 point minimum lead and all the pressure on them. Even a draw at parkhead would be enough to keep us ahead and the pressure on.

But again, game at a time, focus on ourselves, and hope they slip some more along the way.
It will be a tough ask not to drop a point before the OF, especially after one leg European qualifiers the mid week before Hibs & Motherwell away. But aye it’s certainly achievable!!!

Livingston will be a test on Sunday. Pitch makes it hard to play a passing game on. Game will be physical.

Definitely. Makes me wonder if it's the kind of game to give Arfield more time in. I can see him coming on and getting stuck in and causing more problems, but I don't want to risk compromising out promising style so far this season.

Back