This season couldn’t have started any better really.

Obviously a long long way to go but my biggest fear for the season is we win it but aren't allowed back into stadiums. Don't get me wrong it will be marvellous to win it even if we can't be there but after the decade we have had we deserve our day in the sun

Big one on Sunday , always a difficult place to go , I’ll be supporting from Croatia.

Their arrogance will be tested massively. Either they decide to go all in and spend fortunes more, though they'll struggle to do so after telling anyone who will listen that every player is so good they are worth North of £15M.

Either they do what they did when we beat them in the cup under Delia and chuck massive resources at it or they get complacent and don't. For me, they are massively down the complacency route already.

The captain is massively regressing and will be lucky to last the season. He also isn't clever enough to get out before he is seen as the leader of the failures and consigned to history as the captain that cost them 10*. You would never have seen him substituted 2 seasons ago or even last season when drawing with Kilmarnock for one.

Lennon is already itchy and blaming all and sundry for failures when hes been relatively untested as a result of our failings last year and therefore gets an easy ride.

Their depth of squad is virtually non existent and that applies to several positions. Look at right back, centre backs, goalkeeper etc. Only 18 months ago we were told that they could field two teams of world class players. That simply is not the case.

Finally, their support have been conditioned by the club, manager, players and several pundits to believe that they are streets ahead of the competition and therefore turn up and they'll be fine.

All this is under a CEO who was days from getting the sack before Rodgers came and saved him his job. A CEO who simply will not spend any more big money given what is going on.

All of this assumes we can finally do our talking on the pitch and from what we have seen pre-season and currently this season, it looks promising. If we keep the pressure up, I cannot see them getting near us.

Obviously a long long way to go but my biggest fear for the season is we win it but aren't allowed back into stadiums. Don't get me wrong it will be marvellous to win it even if we can't be there but after the decade we have had we deserve our day in the sun
Conversely if we are winning without fans and players are more relaxed playing, I wouldn't be averse to foregoing one of lives largest pleasures to ensure we were into the sunset before fans were allowed back!

Get through Sunday and it will be even better.

Just got to keep on winning, applying pressure when we've got the chance to.
Sunday is that kinda game where we have had the tendancy to fvck it up over the last few years. The chance to assert ourselves as challengers in an away game against a team who have been brutally bad so far like hearts last year. Big game on sunday for us.

This is the first time since Walter (ok maybe Ally in his first season) that we’ve had a pretty settled squad going into the year with just a few signings to improve things.
I think we’ve got a real chance this season- 50/50 to win the league.

Their depth of squad is virtually non existent and that applies to several positions. Look at right back, centre backs, goalkeeper etc. Only 18 months ago we were told that they could field two teams of world class players. That simply is not the case.

I agree with this.

When we beat them 1-0 in the Ryan Jack game, we had Middleton, Flanagan and Wallace on the bench.

They had Tierney, Ajer and Edouard.

That was less than 2 years ago.

I agree with this.

When we beat them 1-0 in the Ryan Jack game, we had Middleton, Flanagan and Wallace on the bench.

They had Tierney, Ajer and Edouard.

That was less than 2 years ago.
Correct, tables have flipped in that sense. Their bench up front consists of an unproven polish flop (relatively speaking) and a striker with several issues who the club seem to wish would leave of his own accord, all coupled with a lead striker who blows hot and cold and is reportedly for the off. Nowhere near as terrifying a prospect as it once was.

Sunday is that kinda game where we have had the tendancy to fvck it up over the last few years. The chance to assert ourselves as challengers in an away game against a team who have been brutally bad so far like hearts last year. Big game on sunday for us.

Exactly. Let's see how we handle it.

Any win will do.

Sunday will be out biggest test so far livi have been poor but they'll be physical and try and unsettle us on that plastic pitch. We need to score early and kill the game

Sunday will be out biggest test so far livi have been poor but they'll be physical and try and unsettle us on that plastic pitch. We need to score early and kill the game
I feckin hate that pitch and the hammer throwers that they have got. It is usually a horrible game of football/thuggery. Really hope the ref gets a grip of them early doors. Do I expect that to happen, not a chance.

People saying game at a time, and 6 points from the next two tough games is vital, are absolutely spot on.

That said, to go one step further. We can't drop a point before the Old Firm.

Livingston (A)
Kilmarnock (H)
Hamilton (A)
Dundee Utd (H)
Hibs (A)
Mothwrwell (A)
Ross county (H)

A rough run of games but if we win all of them, we go in to the old firm game with an 8 point minimum lead and all the pressure on them. Even a draw at parkhead would be enough to keep us ahead and the pressure on.

But again, game at a time, focus on ourselves, and hope they slip some more along the way.

Thats a really tough 1st quarter of games.

In fact, based on the table as it stood at the end of last season, we play all the teams immediately below us and then them away (the only exception being StJ at home and Hamilton away). I don't think you could pick a harder 1st quarter of games other than having Killie away as well.

Wonder how that happened?

3 games, 3 wins, 3 clean sheets and COVID FC getting a major disadvantage from a pandemic they took full advantage of a few months ago.

We probably could have scored more goals, the manager said as much tonight, but we’ve barely given up a chance let alone a goal in the opening 3 games, very early days but that is a good sign.
Its a perfect start

The big thing is how you react under pressure. If we slip up once (even with a draw) it gives them a massive boost and if they can keep winning they won't view the gap as much given the games in hand.

But - if they drop more points before we do the gap looks much bigger and the pressure really starts. That's when Lennon will show his true colours - he'll crack under the pressure and try to bring the house down with him - and the paranoia from that lot will crank up big time.

6 points from our next two matches; Livingston (away) and Kilmarnock (home) would be massive.

Title challengers lay down that marker.

I'm sure Gerrard will have that drummed into them.
^ This.
I don’t want to detract from the good work done so far as you have to beat what’s in front of you but a vastly depleted sheep,an awful St Midden and a toothless St Johnstone aren’t the toughest games we’ll play this season.

It’s the Livi,Killie,Hivs,Scumdee Utd and Murderwell games that will make or break our title credentials.More so away from home especially on the shitey plastic surfaces.

Got to keep it going. It will be absolutely killing them watching us winning and them not playing. They are all in the “wait until May. Sevco are still shite” denial stage at the moment. Sunday moves it onto its next stage which is the anger stage. The week from then until we both next play is going to be some viewing.

Same again on Sunday please Rangers.

Our feet are on their throats.
They are bang average mate and they know it,once they sell the french tadger they will be motherwell level shiteyness at best,as long as well keep winning our games their arses will start to twitch making them make silly wee slip ups widening the gap:)

to see an impartial compliance officer and ref's, to know we could play the season without bias from officials would've been nice however so far so good with our squad looking so much better.

It has indeed been the perfect start to the season and most enjoyable.

I tend to avoid interacting with those from the dark side and wouldn't really encourage anyone who does to indulge in gloating this early - long way to go.

If you do need to engage with them it is, however, worth pointing out that, while they may be 4th on goal difference, the midweek results mean they are actually closer to 12th position than 1st. In fact they are closer to 12th than 2nd.

They are bang average mate and they know it,once they sell the french tadger they will be motherwell level shiteyness at best,as long as well keep winning our games their arses will start to twitch making them make silly wee slip ups widening the gap:)

Think that’s a lot of wishful thinking to be honest mate.

We’ve got the makings of a really good football team. We’ve already demonstrated that we can now be considered a European force, at least in the Europa League.

The League we play in will forever drag us down, but at the end of the day it’s what we need to be winning. Let’s hope we can do it this year and the problems regarding beating the nonsense consistently are out the window. Promising start though.

Kent and Aribo will be absolutely crucial if they hit their potential this season.

I’ll cream myself if we’re 11 points clear with all clean sheets by the next time they play.

Totally doable, one game at a time.

I'll take just being 11 points ahead. That's got to be the target. If we want to win the league this season the we've got to be ruthless.

They will have three games in hand and winning them all would still leave them two behind us. I'd rather have points on the board and any slip up could see them fall a minimum of three behind us.

They have done it to is over the season, so now it's our turn. Got to take advantage when given the opportunity.

Two wins, put the pressure on them.

Realistically we are going to need to get Between 97-100 points to win the league so we will need to win around 30 from the remaining 35 fixtures. Get at least 7 points from old firm fixtures will make a huge difference
Actually, 4 may suffice if they're all draws.

Back