This Sunday-Please, no acts of defiance

Topps

Like most I disagree with the sanctions placed upon us today but unfortunately we are not changing uefa’s decision.
Can I please ask though that we don’t use the game on Sunday as an act of defiance and start belting out the songs that have put us in this position. Make no mistake the SFA will be kicking their lips at this and looking for an excuse to punish us for the same reasons.
Our away support is usually great and I in no way want to criticise but please box clever here and don’t give our enemies more ammunition to hurt us.

Like most I disagree with the sanctions placed upon us today but unfortunately we are not changing uefa’s decision.
Can I please ask though that we don’t use the game on Sunday as an act of defiance and start belting out the songs that have put us in this position. Make no mistake the SFA will be kicking their lips at this and looking for an excuse to punish us for the same reasons.
Our away support is usually great and I in no way want to criticise but please box clever here and don’t give our enemies more ammunition to hurt us.
Wasting your time mate.
We have a element who are just too stupid to take note and modify their behaviour.

Our away fans are loud and give backing no other club can touch but whether it’s drink related or that they fear club sanctions less the songbook is much more loyalist than Rangers and it’s much more of an issue than it is at Ibrox
It frustrates the hell out of me. We have some great songs in our repertoire and we have a club captain that that was still can’t get decent song for everyone to get behind because we never hear it.
At Ibrox, the atmosphere is an issue and UB’s certainly creates one but in my view they’ve being singing less Rangers songs and more loyalist as time has gone on.
Too many people seem to be more attached to what they see as our ‘history’ than our future. I had words with the guy in front of me at at European game last year for singing TBB but I don’t go to the football to fight with other bears.
Sadly, I doubt even this will stop people and I fully expect straight after KO on Sunday we’ll have something for the media to jump all over.

Looking at the positives it seems it’s unanimous on here that TBB and the word 19th Century Terrorist needs to be removed from our songbook. There’s very little backing for the song now

You going to the game, Topps?
No mate I’m not going on Sunday. However I used to love away days and will admit to enjoying the party time sing song but today tells us we can’t continue with it. The end of the Killie game didn’t show us in a great light and all eyes will now be on us on Sunday now. We need to smarten up.

I am old sckool and do not give one feck about PC and the songs fans sing. I will NEVER be offended by words, only actions., But the fact it we are now ruled by those who want to kill Free Speech and RIGHT of opinion. Those making the rules and are abusing their power of authority to enforce their PC agenda.
It make's my blood boil and believe me it does. We have to play the game when it comes supporting our team, but NEVER NEVER forget our History and Traditions.

NS.
%^*& ALL WHO SUPPRESS US.:mad:

I’m not sure if the opposite might be better. Sing what we want as EUFA cannot touch us. The SFA cannot touch us as there isn’t anything in their rule book to deal with this. It would piss them off more.

It's Sunday, if you want to sing about religion there are plenty of churches open (there are also chapels if you absolutely have to show your defiance to the Pope). Get it out your system in the right place.

When you come to Ibrox, sing about Rangers.

I’m not sure if the opposite might be better. Sing what we want as EUFA cannot touch us. The SFA cannot touch us as there isn’t anything in their rule book to deal with this. It would piss them off more.
Mad idea. Good behaviour, belting out the Rangers songs, and avoiding the obvious - this has never been more important than in our next three games. Do you really want to see us hung out to dry? The only people wanting us to sing whatever we want in Paisley are the filth. Let's not play into their hands.

All eyes and ears will be on us and probably that element of our away support that are brain dead will be tanked up and ready to party .

The coked up, buckied up, pissed off with the wife, job and life mob will belt oot the add ons and give not one %^*&. Hopefully we can start to self police this bit in this day and age that is a lot to ask.

Anyone who thinks the party songs won’t get an airing on Sunday is kidding themselves on unfortunately. It’s the hardcore who go to away games, they’ll sing what they want and consequences be damned.

SFA will be delighted. This is an open goal - guarantee we will be sanctioned this season. Fine, then stand closure, then points deduction. And even if all that happened some will still sing what they want.

The board will be tearing their hair out - I ca actually see a situation where the board will self police by not taking away tickets. It will happen if some don’t learn

SFA will be delighted. This is an open goal - guarantee we will be sanctioned this season. Fine, then stand closure, then points deduction. And even if all that happened some will still sing what they want.

The board will be tearing their hair out - I ca actually see a situation where the board will self police by not taking away tickets. It will happen if some don’t learn
I could see them take people at random off the CCS on Sunday what's our allocation 2k? I could see them taking say 500 at random off the CCS even though it would affect people that done nothing it would act as a deterrent for future games

I think they will too . Even if we were getting points deducted some idiots would still do it. I can see a blanket ban on away tickets just to keep the club 100% safe

It would also piss off Steven Gerrard who would once again need to sit and get asked about it, but hey, %^*& him as well right?

Those on about the SFA and hammering us

They won’t. If they did, they’d need to hammer the bheasts and they don’t want to open up a can of worms

Been saying the same in all the other threads. Btw I’m not saying it would be clever to belt out any song deemed offensive to the offended.

The board should have not been taking away tickets anyway, BUT not because of our own support.

Sectarianism in Scotland is only 1 way......the sheep manager subject to chants reacts to the chants and gets disciplined by the sfa the offenders nothing

But you understand that we’ve never been punished by the sfa? So if they did punish Celtic we would be punished too. Don’t confuse uefa and the sfa

I wish I was as confident that 'the SFA cant touch us' as some on here

Dont come whining if on Sunday and Monday the press go all out on the attack agsinst us because of the songbook - dont say you haven't been warned about the SFA and politicians long term plans for strict liability. We will be thr main targets and victims, and like the UEFA issue, we wont have a leg to stand on

As it stands the SFA can not impose any sanctions. Look at Hibs SC Final. A rule would need changed to enforce strict liability

If anyone thinks the media will be in overdrive with the songbook after the st mirren game, just wait til you see how bad it is if/when we beat Celtic next week. We're in for a whole season of being slammed daily in the media.

Looking at the positives it seems it’s unanimous on here that TBB and the word 19th Century Terrorist needs to be removed from our songbook. There’s very little backing for the song now
Once was(and still is)one of the most rousing football chants ever.We've lost that now,what's next?Shall we just sit on our hands with our mouths closed in case we upset some one?Maybe UEFA and/or the SPFL can hammer the club if we stand up,cheer,applaud or sing Kumbaya?

If anyone thinks the media will be in overdrive with the songbook after the st mirren game, just wait til you see how bad it is if/when we beat Celtic next week. We're in for a whole season of being slammed daily in the media.
Spot on mate.We have a season of hell to look forward to.Hey ho,let's not sing any songs though,that'll make it so much better eh?

Spot on mate.We have a season of hell to look forward to.Hey ho,let's not sing any songs though,that'll make it so much better eh?
No one is saying dont sing any songs - its just those that make us look like knuckledragging neaderthals and might see our ground closed and manager leave that we need to cut out

As it stands we're saving the scum money on Hollicom's fees. They're always gonna try to find ways to unsettle us and ruin our reputation but let's not write the stories for them.

This thread is moving so fast no-one will notice that I failed my PhD viva on Weds. Putting that out there in this moment of crisis. :D

No mate I’m not going on Sunday. However I used to love away days and will admit to enjoying the party time sing song but today tells us we can’t continue with it. The end of the Killie game didn’t show us in a great light and all eyes will now be on us on Sunday now. We need to smarten up.
I was being snide when I asked that and didn't mean to be. This has been a trying day for us all, and all for the same reason. We want the club to succeed, and not be reprimanded, and that's a virtuous goal. Apologies.

FF is in a world of its own mate.

According to this forum about 99% don’t give anyone the blue pound.

I go to as many aways as I can and the overwhelming majority of fans sing ALL the songs. There’s loyalist tunes, FTP, and enough gear going around to satisfy a rave.

It’s night and day to a game at Ibrox.

Back