This tinpot 10 in a row craziness from the Peasants

monkey magic

The media talk as if it would be this incredible and unique achievement, even though it has been already done and more by others clubs, Rosenberg of Norway having won 13 in a row, Dinamo Zagreb of Croatia with 11 in a row, etc.

Whatever happens this season, Rangers will continue as before. Indeed, with Edmiston House now being planned and constructed, we are moving forward.

I've said for a while that as a support we need to ignore this 10 in a row chat and focus on ourselves. There is absolutely no point going all out to stop this. Maintaining a strong squad while making sure our finances are solid going forward is much more important for us as a club. We have seen what happens when you ignore your finances.

I've said for a while that as a support we need to ignore this 10 in a row chat and focus on ourselves. There is absolutely no point going all out to stop this. Maintaining a strong squad while making sure our finances are solid going forward is much more important for us as a club. We have seen what happens when you ignore your finances.

This is exactly my point. A tinpot 10 in a row means absolutely zilch while we are moving forward, both on and off the pitch. It means nothing when other clubs have already done it, anyway.

This 10 consumes them to the point it's all they think and care about. Speaking to my mentally challenged brother in law the other day he actually said he was happy for them to finish on 1 point and get put out of Europe so they can focus on the 10 and we would have to play more games. Even after I mentioned that the money made through wins/draws and progress would mean an extra few million it did not register. Even after explaining they have been humiliated in Europe the last few years his only response was we beat Lazio home and away. Mind boggling.

This is exactly my point. A tinpot 10 in a row means absolutely zilch while we are moving forward, both on and off the pitch. It means nothing when other clubs have already done it, anyway.

Exactly. Imagine we go all out, don't win it, then back to square one skint and having to punt players.

This value of this run is bewildering - they’ve had next to no serious competition until the last couple of seasons.

As someone with a long memory of hearing that Rangers’ NIAR over the 80s/90s being underplayed by many in the media because of poor European results, the lack of competition in Scotland and the financial disparity between Rangers and everyone else, I find the lauding of Celtic and their “achievements” over this period quite something.

The win the 10 was borne out of the fact that we were starting in division 3 with only 3 full time players on our books and they had one title of a start due to a points deduction - they just could not envisage the Rangers could survive financially or be supported in the way we were in the lower leagues never mind putting together a league winning team within 10 years - their dream scenario has all of a sudden became their worst nightmare- The Rangers are back and are looking to settle a few scores.

Hope you told him they actually beat Lazio reserves, nowhere near their full side
No matter what I say to him he is blinded by the obsession about us and the 10. He tried to hook me in by saying we've beat no marks in Europe since SG has come in. St that point I laughed and listed off the clubs we've beaten/drawn against both home and away. His reply, 'they clubs are no as good as they used to be'. Mental, absolutely mental. From where we have been to where we are now in the space of time is an absolutely heart swelling achievement. These creatures are unable and against admitting that we may and are, actually back.

Something that’s been mentioned a few times this morning and is becoming more obvious than ever. Everything they do is done with us in mind. It isn’t about their achievements for them, it’s only about being one up on us. If it’s one title more, thats all that matters. Just that number. The actual achievement and how they got it is meaningless. They will gladly take a trophy handed to them that has no meaning or joyful memories because that one number is all that matters as long as it’s one more than us.

This 10 consumes them to the point it's all they think and care about. Speaking to my mentally challenged brother in law the other day he actually said he was happy for them to finish on 1 point and get put out of Europe so they can focus on the 10 and we would have to play more games. Even after I mentioned that the money made through wins/draws and progress would mean an extra few million it did not register. Even after explaining they have been humiliated in Europe the last few years his only response was we beat Lazio home and away. Mind boggling.
Sad..but it's his upbringing and education to blame surely??

The fact that I didn’t know about Rosenberg or Dinamo Zagreb reinforces the point I’ve been making to my mentally challenged brother-in-law for the past few years, that it’s all pretty parochial and nobody outside this backwater cares if they do it.
In fact next time I see him I’ll ask him if any club or clubs has already done ten or more, and he won’t have a clue.

They've actually accepted utter humiliation in Europe during the time because the 9.75 has been all they cared about since 2012. We were somewhat guilty of similar back in the 90s, though we actually came close to a CL final and from memory our fanbase wasn't happy at times with our European exploits. And the media certainly didn't think we should be happy with only domestic dominance.

The fact is they have based their last 8-10 years of operation solely on the fact it still hurts them we equaled 9 in a row. The absolute mentalists.

They've actually accepted utter humiliation in Europe during the time because the 9.75 has been all they cared about since 2012. We were somewhat guilty of similar back in the 90s, though we actually came close to a CL final and from memory our fanbase wasn't happy at times with our European exploits. And the media certainly didn't think we should be happy with only domestic dominance.

The fact is they have based their last 8-10 years of operation solely on the fact it still hurts them we equaled 9 in a row. The absolute mentalists.

I don't even think they cared about 8 9 or 10 in 2012.

They cared about kicking us down and placemen killing us off and probably had dreams of 20, 30 in a row with us never around agai.

The media talk as if it would be this incredible and unique achievement, even though it has been already done and more by others clubs, Rosenberg of Norway having won 13 in a row, Dinamo Zagreb of Croatia with 11 in a row, etc.

Whatever happens this season, Rangers will continue as before. Indeed, with Edmiston House now being planned and constructed, we are moving forward.
I don’t and have never given a shyte about their false 9 or fake 10!
we had no baring on half of it! It genuinely means nothing to me and probably most other bears. I just want 55

Last edited:
Its unquestionably a devalued achievement for a number of reasons.

All the same, they still won those Championships in the record books. Absolutely we ought to focus on ourselves, but I'll be pretty deflated if we don't see it through now given the momentum we're building.

Sad..but it's his upbringing and education to blame surely??
A mentally challenged brought up being even bitter mentally challengeds. You've never met a bunch like it. My brother in laws brother when he found out was having a little girl there were mentions of him calling her ira. That's no joke either, 100% truth and shows you what these basturds are like. Beyond any normal reasoning or thinking.

Something that’s been mentioned a few times this morning and is becoming more obvious than ever. Everything they do is done with us in mind. It isn’t about their achievements for them, it’s only about being one up on us. If it’s one title more, thats all that matters. Just that number. The actual achievement and how they got it is meaningless. They will gladly take a trophy handed to them that has no meaning or joyful memories because that one number is all that matters as long as it’s one more than us.
It's for this very reason they will never be bigger than us

I don't even think they cared about 8 9 or 10 in 2012.

They cared about kicking us down and placemen killing us off and probably had dreams of 20, 30 in a row with us never around agai.

You're right, but 10 was their first stop because it would have surpassed the record that they can't handle us equaling. Though I think a lot of them wanted us around, just not able to compete. That was their wet dream.

I was told a few months back on here I was just in denial if stopping 10 wasn't important to me.

Even if they did win it, they still have less than us. It means nothing to me.

Our victory in that 2016 cup semi, before we were promoted back to the Premier, forced them to spend big to regain control. They saw Delia stutter towards the league title after a poorly financed Aberdeen side ran them close, but ultimately capitulated in the final run in, and didn't like it.

I sometimes wonder if we'd lost that game, would they have stuck with Delia, or would they have brought in someone else, but not Rodgers?

I was told a few months back on here I was just in denial if stopping 10 wasn't important to me.

Even if they did win it, they still have less than us. It means nothing to me.

Everyone will be disappointed because we didn't win the league, but the way some are talking the games up and we just fold the club. Life goes on and our club goes on.

Our victory in that 2016 cup semi, before we were promoted back to the Premier, forced them to spend big to regain control. They saw Delia stutter towards the league title after a poorly financed Aberdeen side ran them close, but ultimately capitulated in the final run in, and didn't like it.

I sometimes wonder if we'd lost that game, would they have stuck with Delia, or would they have brought in someone else, but not Rodgers?

I know what you mean but you can't think like that. It was an incredible win and one that we should always remember fondly.

Its unquestionably a devalued achievement for a number of reasons.

All the same, they still won those Championships in the record books. Absolutely we ought to focus on ourselves, but I'll be pretty deflated if we don't see it through now given the momentum we're building.

This is our worst nightmare now.

I'm still not ruling them out coming back with a bit of form.

I had one tell me this morning that it wasn't a real ten as we weren't in the league for some of them and winning without us there was a bit empty. In not sure if it's an effort to tone down how important ten is to them or if he's genuine.

I'd probably remember it more fondly if we'd actually managed to lift the cup, but the less said about that.......
That doesn't take away how good a victory it was though. Do we ignore the wins over Werder Bremen because we didn't win the UEFA Cup? Do we just write off our victory over PSV because we didn't win the Champions League?

We beat the scum from a division below, it was an incredible day.

Spot on.

It could be seen as an unnecessary distraction.

We need 100% concentration on our own title push. We stay tuned and give full effort for every match, play every one as a cup final and continue to do as we have so far this season, then it is ours.

We have a rotational smooth and fully functional squad, with enough in the tank to get the title home to Ibrox.

Everyone needs to be behind the 11 on the park, fight and win it. No need to even think about the scum, eyes front and get the job done.

'55'

The ABSOLUTE BIGGEST football story is NOT their fantasy quest for *10, one of the biggest stories in football should be that we are on the brink of winning title 55 after coming from almost exctinction.

That is THE story.

It shows the strangle hold they still have over the media in this country that the narrative is still about their fantasy quest for the asterix 9.5

Its all about 55

In all honesty I wasn’t even bothered about their 10 because it doesn’t really feel like a 10 to me. Not sure if it’s because I don’t really remember our 9 as I was born in 1990, so it might feel a bit different for older bears.
Nope I was there thru our "old" NIAR and this one is totally different. It's a worthless achievement even if the alleged 9 had been won legitimately.

Half these Irish half wits really can't count to ten never mind spell 10 in the last 3 months there arseholes have been squeaking like feck wait till the 55 arrives an the pandemic will be of no one at the house of horrors an dark secrets the rhats will desert them quicker than no one has ever known as wee as true blues have stuck steadfast an strong to the anchor to see us bac where we belong number one club in the country ROOL britannia WATP

This is our worst nightmare now.

I'm still not ruling them out coming back with a bit of form.

I agree. We're the only team to have beaten them in 2020. Since that game, we've been flawless whilst they've drawn games at Pittodrie and Easter Road (which are, on the face of it, two of the toughest away games we'll face aswell).

So they're not, as some seem to think, in freefall. And I don't see them slipping up again before Ibrox. Theres also no chance Hearts are going to beat them in the cup final. I'm confident but not complacent. As someone else said, they've picked up 8 points in the last 10 minutes this season. That tells me they're toiling but haven't thrown in the towel.

I just view every win this season as 1/38th closer to the title. Inching closer to it, little by little.

Back