This weeks controversy Aribo wasn't sent off

Eh, maybe because Aribo mistimed a tackle and took the man with almost no momentum behind his challenge. Porteous, on the other hand, went flying towards Aribo with purpose and pace, intentionally cutting right through him with his leg a foot off the ground.

A red card for Aribo (or any opposition player) would have been "seen them given, but player didn't mean to hurt the man." Porteous challenge is the worst challenge I've seen in Scottish football since ... perhaps the last time I saw Porteous try to take out one of our players.

Never a sending off Martin the guy on Rangers Rabble also said this which I never agreed with either.
Decent enough podcast all the same.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Aribo or Barisic pass the ball with their right foot. So frustrating watching both players recently.

I was right behind the Aribo tackle, and I was glad not to see a red card. It looked like he mistimed his tackle, and lifted his foot high, rather than rashly jumping in. Yellow probably correct, but I've seen them given as reds (especially after all the manufactured outrage regarding a red card correctly given in the last game).

The real question is why the referee seemed to miss all the shirt pulls, pushes in the back, barges, etc?

I was right behind the Aribo tackle, and I was glad not to see a red card. It looked like he mistimed his tackle, and lifted his foot high, rather than rashly jumping in. Yellow probably correct, but I've seen them given as reds (especially after all the manufactured outrage regarding a red card correctly given in the last game).

The real question is why the referee seemed to miss all the shirt pulls, pushes in the back, barges, etc?
Yeah, how 14 for Hearts stayed on the pitch I'll never know.

Last edited:
I mean, if we’re being honest it was a red card and we got away with one. That being said Boyce and co seemed to be immune to cards yesterday.
Wouldn’t have put it down as a definite red card.
I wouldn’t have spent time complaining if it he was sent off though.
Seen many as bad against us not given.

To be honest you see similar in most games and players usually get away with it.

There was no intent but by the laws of the game it is probably a red, he just gets himself in an awkward position after giving the ball away.

I personally thought he was getting sent off and I don't think he could have complained much about it

Same here, was relieved when only a yellow was shown. It was very much over the top tackle and if the Hearts player had made more of a meal of it I think a red might have been given.

He sucks Stewarts boabie.

If either told me you tomorrow was Monday I’d check the calender just in case.

Debatable but he maybe got away with a yellow as it was clumsy without a hint of malice but im biased
What you can be sure of though is when they can't beat us on the field their much used off field game is brought to the forefront to try to gain any advantage
Funny how it wasn't controversial when Dundee utd were denied a stonewaller or controversial when a player is allowed to commit 8/9 fouls before receiving a yellow
Did anyone send you they pics Tam

I’m not even kidding but who is Tam McManus? I take it he’s an ex scum player?

I honestly didn’t think it was red yesterday but seeing the picture of it on that Twitter link it doesn’t look good. Couldn’t have seen red.

I thought it was a yellow at the game but a red watching it back. I’m Copland Rear behind aribo though so didn’t realise he caught him high with his studs showing

If I remember right though this was at the point where the ref had lost control a bit.

I honestly didn’t think it was red yesterday but seeing the picture of it on that Twitter link it doesn’t look good. Couldn’t have seen red.
A pub team level player that played for hibs, no idea why he still gets attention. Probably due to his hatred for Rangers

Last time I saw him was in the Gordon Ramsay restaurant in Dubai. He was with Kenny Miller and they had their kids with them.

When the ref is allowing their players 5 fouls before a yellow he can’t be sending anyone off.

One of the worst refereeing performances I’ve seen.
The Hearts goalscorer escaped at least 2 yellows , prior to their goal . Funny why the press and pundits always seem to miss these things.
Hearts are very physical , and in any other league on the planet would suffer through suspensions , all we ask for is a fair unbiased performance from the refs , but we never have or never will get that chance. Half their team spent the 90 minutes kicking and fouling our players without even being spoken to by the ref.

Any videos of this? Thought at the game it was a yellow but red? Bit strong. Loads round me shouting it was never a yellow!

Sleekit b#srard is tam. Looking for a still image of the tackle to make a comparison because it doesn't show the speed and aggression of the tackle, which ultimately is what makes the porteous one a red.

Haven't seen it back, but thought it might have been a red at the time, bit relieved when he pulled out the yellow.

If Aribo's was a red, then the Baningime yellow should also have been a red. As for Devlin he could have had about five yellow cards.

It wasn’t anything like the wild lunge from porteous. His assault attempt would have broken Aribo’s leg if it had been planted on the ground instead of in the air.

That said, Aribo could easily have seen red for that yesterday. It was badly mistimed, although nothing like the force that Porteous flew in with.

Motherwell should’ve had a penalty.
Stonewaller. Had Collum still been on the pitch it would have been given. It was so blatant. The substitute ref was probably overawed and frightened to give a decision that might have affected the game. It was the first time had reffed a Premiership game. He has only ever reffed at Championship level.

Back