This would have been the greatest OF goal IMO

Sensational bit of play. To the people who said we didn’t play well yesterday, there was this one and Kent’s chance that both came from some fantastic football. We were well drilled and didn’t get out of second gear, but we certainly didn’t play badly.
Not sure I've heard anyone say we didnt play well. We certainly were not at our best but we did not have to be.

Efficient is the adjective I'd use.

Not sure I've heard anyone say we didnt play well. We certainly were not at our best but we did not have to be.

There was a thread on here yesterday with “we didn’t play well” as the title and a fair few posters agreeing. They weren’t being negative but just saying we still won and job done. I’d argue we did play well and strolled it without being at our best. Efficient is a great word to describe the performance.

Thought it was going to be the kent volley :))

Tav is certainly capable on the volley, he got that one wrong tho.

we played some fantastic stuff in short spells yesterday, then settled for containment as the job was done.

mentally challengeds had nothing
Technique like that the margin of error is minuscule. 99/100 it goes the way it happened.

If he hits it a tenth of a second later it is on target, and as you say, he is well capable of it.

Right from the pass from Goldson it was an excellent move. Look at the incisiveness of the passing and the movement of every player involved. No rigid sticking to positions, genuinely difficult to play against.

And the two sublime touches from Alfie... whose link up play yesterday has been described by some on here as “terrible”...

Would have been up there anyway, there have been some spectacular goals against them in my lifetime.
Wilkins goal made in England is still one of my favourites

At the time I said wish that was a goal, great bit of play.

Also shows all those saying Morelos was crap - he played his part and had a decent game, he was a big part in that chance.

If that hits the net thas goal of the season and a goal that will always pop up on those greatest ever goals compilation. The scary thing is tav has the ability to stick that away.

Right from the pass from Goldson it was an excellent move. Look at the incisiveness of the passing and the movement of every player involved. No rigid sticking to positions, genuinely difficult to play against.

And the two sublime touches from Alfie... whose link up play yesterday has been described by some on here as “terrible”...
Was just about to mention that. Don't think those people were watching the same game.

All though it was well wide in the end, a couple of millimetres to the outside of his right boot would seen it in.
Would have been up there for sure.

Wonderful

I think you can see that we have some real moments players who are well drilled to put this stuff together. It’s great to watch. When we play the we just Against them in particular we just dominate that midfield and force mistakes

Sensational bit of play. To the people who said we didn’t play well yesterday, there was this one and Kent’s chance that both came from some fantastic football. We were well drilled and didn’t get out of second gear, but we certainly didn’t play badly.
I think what people meant we have played better this season than yesterday but as other posters have said we never came out of 2nd gear. So if any tims say to you how shit they played just remind them we weren't at our best yesterday and still won in a canter.

Some of the football and one touch stuff we play at times is sensational.

We are on the verge of something special with this team and coaching staff

Amazing phase of play.

The scum think all we do is win free kicks and lump balls in the box, even more delusion from them.

They can't get near our players and after all the battering we took there its just amazing to see.

The frustrating thing is we know Tav is capable of hitting that right on the sweet spot and sending it top corner. It's absolutely a difficult chance but with his technique, I reckon he would score that maybe 1 out of every 4 or 5 times from that exact spot. Such a pity he caught it wrong yesterday as in total agreement that the move leading up to it was nothing short of spectacular.

We played great but clearly have another level or 2 in us. I thought we bet Galatasaray with a similar performance. Not busting a gut, just doing a professional comfortable job.

Same here.

They had the majority of the possession but it was what I call poor possession. Most of it in their own half or into the first quarter of our half but with little or no danger.I felt that was part of our game plan. We didn’t press them in their half.

They looked like they could have played for a month of Sunday’s and not scored

Back