Thomas Cook ceased trading

Gutted for all the folk who have holidays booked that are now not going to happen, but particularly devastated to the thousands of folk who have just lost their jobs and had their lives turned upside down.

It’s disgraceful that this sort of outcome can occur with a company that size.

Tc is not a british owned company..its 55% owned by germans. Dont see merkal bailing thrm out.. as for banks me thinks its a tad differant if the banks had went tits up it would have had a knock on effect with millions of people with morgages isas loans etc savings... and the gov/ tax payer got there cash back from the banks ..

Did they fuuck. They sold back the shares at a reduced price in order to stimulate the banks growth. Net loss to the government and therefore the taxpayer has not been officially declared, but estimates are around 25-30 Billion!

Thomas Cook should have gone down the tubes last year about a similar time but ended up getting the necessary funding to limp on.

A year later and they were back in the exact same position.

How many times can you throw cash at a failing business?
A business that is consistently making £250m profit each year

Tc is not a british owned company..its 55% owned by germans. Dont see merkal bailing thrm out.. as for banks me thinks its a tad differant if the banks had went tits up it would have had a knock on effect with millions of people with morgages isas loans etc savings... and the gov/ tax payer got there cash back from the banks ..
Unfortunately the tax payer has NOT got their money back from banks. Wd have been selling off chunks of RBS and BOS at huge losses over recent years.

Gutted for all the folk who have holidays booked that are now not going to happen, but particularly devastated to the thousands of folk who have just lost their jobs and had their lives turned upside down.

It’s disgraceful that this sort of outcome can occur with a company that size.
there is only one company i hope this happens too and to watch the fat man loose everything and the vultures pick him clean

People moaning about loosing there week n benidorm etc while people have literally lost there jobs over night and wont be getting paid...

You could say the TC employees shouldn't be moaning when people are dying elsewhere. There shouldn't be a minimum level for moaning. I love a good moan.

150,000 people stranded on Holidays. How many of them are realistically going to be abke to get themselves home?

As opposed to what mate? Making their holiday destination their new permanent residence? They'll all get home one way or another.

Nobody had paid anything, will depend on us then being able to source another company/flight. A real shame for everyone associated with them, especially their staff but also the many families who will be impacted.
Yes it's always the rank and file that are most affected in these instances. Hopefully the staff can find other jobs and hopefully all the Rangers fans looking to get to Oporto can make alternative plans.

People moaning about loosing there week n benidorm etc while people have literally lost there jobs over night and wont be getting paid...
Plenty of people scrimp and save to get their week in Benidorm, or wherever else they've chosen, and quite rightly are aggrieved that it has fallen through. Just because this affects other people in different ways doesn't mean customers must forgo their right to be pissed off.

I get that, but this is the UK's biggest repatration since WWII, no way it'll all pan out smoothly.

Happy to be proved wrong.
The only snag,so far,is that some won't be flying back to the airport they left from.
Transport will be provided to get them there from wherever they land.

Anyone know what the club are now doing for next week's (and future) away game travel for the team and officials? I'm pretty sure they handled absolutely everything relating to the club travelling, flights, local transportation, hotels, etc.

Thomas Cook on the way back with a new online travel platform.

Fosun bought the name and will launch the new site in June.

Probably going to be like On the Beach. It's what they were going to do with the Airtours brand before Thomas Cook went bust.

Claimed 10k refund for Florida I’m October and was only refunded at start of this week. Absolute shambles through Barrhead Travel

Thomas Cook on the way back with a new online travel platform.

Fosun bought the name and will launch the new site in June.

Probably going to be like On the Beach. It's what they were going to do with the Airtours brand before Thomas Cook went bust.
I’m interested to see if this will work and if ppl will use it. Their brand reputation has took an absolute kicking. I don’t think I’d be keen to book with them in the future.

although Tbh I don’t ever remember using them apart from one time to turkey and it really put me off. The leg room on the flight was really really bad, Afterward I remember thinking, “never again”. I’m 6ft but Even the wife who is 5’10” Said she was really cramped also

I’m interested to see if this will work and if ppl will use it. Their brand reputation has took an absolute kicking. I don’t think I’d be keen to book with them in the future.

although Tbh I don’t ever remember using them apart from one time to turkey and it really put me off. The leg room on the flight was really really bad, Afterward I remember thinking, “never again”. I’m 6ft but Even the wife who is 5’10” Said she was really cramped also

Don't think they will have planes, just sell you seats on other airlines and match it up with accommodation and transfers. They only paid £11 million for the name.

It's a nightmare on flights for me, 6' 4" so extra leg room all the time while sitting at the toilets at a cost of £40 each per holiday

Jet2 are great for short/medium flights. They’ve shaped their seats with a slimline design, especially at the rear of the seat, which helps with everyone’s leg room

Back