Thomas Müller

hammer17

Official Ticketer
I know this guys playing style isn’t very attractive on the eye but what a incredible career he has had. Will he be remembered as one of the greats?

628 games for Bayern with 228 goals to date

countless assists

11 Bundesliga titles
6 German Pokal Wins
2 Champions League
1 FIFA World Cup
1 FIFA World Cup Golden Boot

The most decorated German footballer of all time and is still only 32.

Loves a farm animal but we all have flaws

I know this guys playing style isn’t very attractive on the eye but what a incredible career he has had. Will he be remembered as one of the greats?

countless assists

11 Bundesliga titles
6 German Pokal Wins
2 Champions League
1 FIFA World Cup

The most decorated German footballer of all time .

Must go down as one of the most under appreciated players of his generation alongside Benzema & Giroud (to a lesser extent as he hasn’t been as successful as the other two)

Incredible footballer who will probably go down the route of Makelele in terms of people won’t recognise his impact until he has retired and realise what he was

Incredible player vastly underated and can play anywhere across a frontline always pops up with a goal.

Loved watching him for Bayern and Germany in his younger years he was just sensational at finding space and scoring.

One of those guys that you couldn’t really describe what his best attributes are but what a player he is/has been.

I sometimes think about which player I would choose if I had to have the same guy play all 11 positions (clones, obv) and I think it would probably be Muller.

The perfect modern forward and an elite level player.

I was particularly delighted that he twice took part in absolute demolitions of Barcelona and rubbed the noses of silly wee fanboy types on his boots.

Must go down as one of the most under appreciated players of his generation alongside Benzema & Giroud (to a lesser extent as he hasn’t been as successful as the other two)

Incredible footballer who will probably go down the route of Makelele in terms of people won’t recognise his impact until he has retired and realise what he was
No having that how's he less successful very much on par with benzema and blows giroud out the water

One of the handful of players in football history where he has his own unique position. What’s it the Germans call it, space occupier?

One of those guys that you couldn’t really describe what his best attributes are but what a player he is/has been.

I sometimes think about which player I would choose if I had to have the same guy play all 11 positions (clones, obv) and I think it would probably be Muller.
If you had to had to have 11 Thomas Mullers play 11 other clones (obvs), who would you choose him to play against?

Davie Weir first surely?

The perfect modern forward and an elite level player.

I was particularly delighted that he twice took part in absolute demolitions of Barcelona and rubbed the noses of silly wee fanboy types on his boots.

I agree and disagree with you here mate. I agree that he is an elite level player, no doubts about it.

Where I disagree though is that I don’t think he is the perfect modern forward but that’s what makes him so unique/special. There really isn’t anyone else like him out there, especially at the elite level.

I agree and disagree with you here mate. I agree that he is an elite level player, no doubts about it.

Where I disagree though is that I don’t think he is the perfect modern forward but that’s what makes him so unique/special. There really isn’t anyone else like him out there, especially at the elite level.
Yeah, that's a fair point.
I was thinking of his ability to play anywhere middle to front.

If you had to had to have 11 Thomas Mullers play 11 other clones (obvs), who would you choose him to play against?

The three I have in mind are Sergio Ramos, Dani Alves or Steven Gerrard.

I think if I had to choose one of those three it would probably be Stevie G.

For many years, he was my default 1st goalscorer bet in games like Champions League, German internationals and the like.

I done OK out him.

countless assists

11 Bundesliga titles
6 German Pokal Wins
2 Champions League
1 FIFA World Cup

Surely someone could count the assists?

I've always viewed him as an AM rather than an out-and-out forward. His numbers are outstanding.

countless assists

11 Bundesliga titles
6 German Pokal Wins
2 Champions League
1 FIFA World Cup

32 !! :oops: seems to have been around forever

I'd have him in the top 5 attacking midfielders (if you consider him that) of the 21st century. It's no coincidence that he has played a huge role in Bayern dominating their league for a decade, winning two CL and was instrumental in winning Germany the world cup.

There are more technically talented players out there, but in terms of influence on his teams and what he has achieved, he is on a par with the likes of Kaka, Ronaldinho etc for me.

Sidenote, I also think while he gets more credit, Kroos is absolutely up there with the best in his position. Think he has won six champions leagues now? Incredible haul.

countless assists

11 Bundesliga titles
6 German Pokal Wins
2 Champions League
1 FIFA World Cup

It’ll be a short list of greats if he doesn’t make it. 3rd best player on the planet for most of his long career

He’s a far better footballer than Giroud, although I would agree with the Benzema comparison, albeit different types of player.

Bundesliga being more or less a one horse race for most of his career will probably go against him in the grand scheme. Superb player though, might not be the most entertaining to watch but he knows how to affect a game.

Last edited:
Great player and very versatile. His fitness levels are incredible too.

I’m sure he was quoted as saying something along the lines of never wanting to go to the premier league too.

He’s a far better footballer than Giroud, although I would agree with the Benzema comparison, albeit different types of player.
Aye sorry I don’t think I said it very clearly.

I meant those 3 are probably the most under appreciated players of our generation but Benzema & Muller have been far more successful and are better players than Giroud

32? Wow, I thought he was about 40! To be fair, when he made his debut he looked early 30's so he maybe had a few paper rounds.

Back