Those who are leaving?

When they’re sold for what their worth, or when their contracts are up.

We don’t want a big ‘fire sale’ sign above our head.

Contracts probably officially up at the end of May?
Those under contract (Holt, Dodoo?) you’d imagine will be gone as soon as possible

Contracts probably officially up at the end of May?
Those under contract (Holt, Dodoo?) you’d imagine will be gone as soon as possible

I think most of their contracts don't expire until the month of June.

Be good to get herrera off the wage bill this summer that could go towards a quality free agent. Likes of holt and Wallace will be on no bad money aswell just by getting rid of those 3 we will save 40000 a week then the likes of hodson doodoo and Co should be gone they won't be on decent money so don't really need to worry about paying them off

Be good to get herrera off the wage bill this summer that could go towards a quality free agent. Likes of holt and Wallace will be on no bad money aswell just by getting rid of those 3 we will save 40000 a week then the likes of hodson doodoo and Co should be gone they won't be on decent money so don't really need to worry about paying them off

Can’t believe Wallace been here so long

With the likes of Holt and Dodoo that are still contracted, we should never be ‘paying’ these players off. We loan them within the division in order to hurt our rivals. They both still have the quality to play 30+ games in the SPFL. Our quality youngsters are loaned to the division below in order to gain the experience and to again hurt our rivals-the likes of Dundee Utd for example that was posted on here yesterday (can’t remember who but I smiled when reading it)

I am sure most standard contracts run to June 1st so possibly will be told about players being released then.

Just out of interest, does anyone have a list of our players who's contracts are up?

Although we wouldn’t be bringing a fee in for any of those mentioned the money saved per week would allow us to bring in a marquee signing via a Bosman. Crazy to think the majority of that cash has been no where near the first team this season....

With the likes of Holt and Dodoo that are still contracted, we should never be ‘paying’ these players off. We loan them within the division in order to hurt our rivals. They both still have the quality to play 30+ games in the SPFL. Our quality youngsters are loaned to the division below in order to gain the experience and to again hurt our rivals-the likes of Dundee Utd for example that was posted on here yesterday (can’t remember who but I smiled when reading it)

It works with the youngsters going on loan to the league below like McCrorie and Rudden.

If Holt etc isn't off the books get them to other SPL teams so they can try their best against that lot.

It's worked for them before with Christie etc

It works with the youngsters going on loan to the league below like McCrorie and Rudden.

If Holt etc isn't off the books get them to other SPL teams so they can try their best against that lot.

It's worked for them before with Christie etc
Definitely, I even think McCrorie & Rudden could do a great job in the Premiership-a St J, Ross County or Killie

I can’t believe Holt and Herrera still play for us.

Takes years to shift deadwood if you accumulate it they way we did with Caixanha and to a lesser extent, Warburton.

Holt supposed to be negotiating a pay off
A pay off? Why do we need to pay someone off who performed well at Fleetwood last year?

There is nobody who would pay any sort of fee for Holt, no matter how small? Somehow I doubt that. But do we have transfer savy folk who are good at that sort of thing?

A pay off? Why do we need to pay someone off who performed well at Fleetwood last year?

There is nobody who would pay any sort of fee for Holt, no matter how small? Somehow I doubt that. But do we have transfer savy folk who are good at that sort of thing?

Be good if we got some kind of fee for the likes of Dodoo and Holt, but free transfer or a pay off may ne more likely.

Holt will want a pay-off so he can move to a jobber SPFL.

His missus has just not long had a baby so they will probably not want to move south and opt to stay close to home in Edinburgh.

Be good if we got some kind of fee for the likes of Dodoo and Holt, but free transfer or a pay off may ne more likely.
Just find it crazy how we’re going to make a loss on a guy who we signed for £50k and is more than capable of playing for a decent team in this league, or L1/2 down south.

Transfer savy club wouldn’t be doing that. Sooner we improve on things like this the better

Back