Those who don’t do Rangers Lottery - why not?

Advertising if your a fan that doesn't go to games or don't really use the intent for rangers related things then a lot won't know it exists

Some of the reply's on here about the lotto being rigged get a grip.

was asked for reason, gave reason.

I didn't say it was rigged, I said I didn't trust it - that's a personal choice.

Some people are so far up others peoples backsides when it comes to anything Rangers.

I've been paying £2 for around 3-4 years now . I haven't won a penny but that is not the point.
The money would come in handy, but it's the funding of OUR future, through development of our youths.
We have been through some pretty tough years, and a token contribution to our existence in the future is a small part to play. I realise not everyone can afford £100 per year, when domestic budgets are tight, and also all the others demands from Rangers, and RTV , plus Club1872 are met for family requests for strips etc , but I personally see it is a priority for our club and our future.

I've been paying £2 for around 3-4 years now . I haven't won a penny but that is not the point.
The money would come in handy, but it's the funding of OUR future, through development of our youths.
We have been through some pretty tough years, and a token contribution to our existence in the future is a small part to play. I realise not everyone can afford £100 per year, when domestic budgets are tight, and also all the others demands from Rangers, and RTV , plus Club1872 are met for family requests for strips etc , but I personally see it is a priority for our club and our future.
Well said Sir. It is not for everyone to do Lotto or Rangers Pools but some out there dont even know about them.
Anyone who has had a prob, for whatever reason, signing up then please DM me and you can be signed up to my agency within minutes. I will email you your nos. Will also post out your official number cards within 3 to 4 days.

I’m a recovering compulsive gambler and I’d be staking money to potentially win money in return. If I start getting involved in things like Rangers Lotto then it won’t be long till I’m back punting on two snails racing along the street and causing havoc in my and my families lives again... with all due respect :)

I’ll happily contribute money to the club in other ways which don’t impact my recovery!

fair enough. sorry mate, didn’t really think of that before posting !

They can take it off my cccs payment where it’s looking you will have to pay when joining like the travel club.

It costs a fortune to follow follow.

People can’t do everything.

Set up DD when we were in trouble etc.

Its down to the club to market these kinds of revenue streams and inspire players. There is a mentality on here that the club is some sort of charity case and we should all be throwing money at them no matter the case whether it provides value or not. I don't think its fair to criticise or pressure people for £1 a week.
£670 - Season ticket
£250 - Albion car park
£150 - ?? For Europa league matches. I don't even question those prices, they come off my account and thats that.
£??? - cup games
£??? - food/drink in the stadium
£??? - match day programmes
£??? - buying tickets for nieces/nephews to come along.
£180 - on new tops and other bits and pieces from the Gers Store.
£12 - monthly on RTV.

The list goes on.

People seem to win multiple times where as others don't ever - I don't really trust the process seemed a closed shop from some Rangers Twitter Celebs so chucked it.

giphy.gif

Just reading on Twitter, Colin Stewart from Rangers saying that over the Christmas period they’ve lost quite a few direct debit subscribers and that the total number of current players could fit into the Sandy Jardine Stand.

Given that we have 50,000 at every game plus many thousands more who don’t/can’t attend, it seems pitiful that less than 10,000 are prepared to pay £1 a week into the club. Once you sign up (which is very straightforward to do), you are sent a note of your numbers and that’s it. You don’t even have to check them every week as the club do that for you and post a check if you win.

If you don’t currently play, why not?

If you want to start playing, sign up here.

Thank you for this post and all of the replies. I am the first to agree that playing a Lottery is not for everyone. There is also the cost element. I put up a Twitter post yesterday looking to encourage more fans, who were able, to sign up for £1 a week. I'm delighted to confirm that since that tweet we have had £236 of DDs signed up. Tremendous support from our fans.

I note a couple of posts on this thread questioning one or two things. Our draw is a very simple one, each week someone, outside of RYDC staff, draws the winning balls from our Lottery Drum in the RYDC Office. Martyn Waghorn has done our draw, so has Bomber, so has our Postman. Would you like to come to the office and do the next draw? I'm happy to have a chat re the Lotto process from start to finish and you could do next week's draw? Everyone is welcome to do this for us. If you would like to do our weekly Lotto Draw then please email us at rydc@rangers.co.uk.

I also note one or two saying they have had issues signing up. Without knowing the personal details of each case, in our experience banks reject DDs for a variety of reasons. Please email us at rydc@rangers.co.uk or call us on 0141 427 4914 and we will quickly sort for you. In terms of signing up to Rangers Lotto, this simple link will allow you to join within 45 seconds. Just click the link and complete your details

I would be failing in my role if I stopped trying to recruit new revenue streams for the Academy. I also keep a watchful eye on other clubs & I'm not comfortable confirming that we are behind in terms of fan numbers playing their clubs' Lotto / Pools competitions. I see no reason why that should be. I'm happy to confirm that we gave away £375,000 in Prizemoney to fans last year. That amount will rise as more fans join.

Thank you to all those buying RYDC products and to those thinking of joining Lotto? Give us a try, you might win some money and you will be helping to fund our future. My email address is colinstewart@rangers.co.uk if anyone would like to know more about Lotto or any of the other RYDC products.

Many Thanks
Colin

Thank you for this post and all of the replies. I am the first to agree that playing a Lottery is not for everyone. There is also the cost element. I put up a Twitter post yesterday looking to encourage more fans, who were able, to sign up for £1 a week. I'm delighted to confirm that since that tweet we have had £236 of DDs signed up. Tremendous support from our fans.

I note a couple of posts on this thread questioning one or two things. Our draw is a very simple one, each week someone, outside of RYDC staff, draws the winning balls from our Lottery Drum in the RYDC Office. Martyn Waghorn has done our draw, so has Bomber, so has our Postman. Would you like to come to the office and do the next draw? I'm happy to have a chat re the Lotto process from start to finish and you could do next week's draw? Everyone is welcome to do this for us. If you would like to do our weekly Lotto Draw then please email us at rydc@rangers.co.uk.

I also note one or two saying they have had issues signing up. Without knowing the personal details of each case, in our experience banks reject DDs for a variety of reasons. Please email us at rydc@rangers.co.uk or call us on 0141 427 4914 and we will quickly sort for you. In terms of signing up to Rangers Lotto, this simple link will allow you to join within 45 seconds. Just click the link and complete your details

I would be failing in my role if I stopped trying to recruit new revenue streams for the Academy. I also keep a watchful eye on other clubs & I'm not comfortable confirming that we are behind in terms of fan numbers playing their clubs' Lotto / Pools competitions. I see no reason why that should be. I'm happy to confirm that we gave away £375,000 in Prizemoney to fans last year. That amount will rise as more fans join.

Thank you to all those buying RYDC products and to those thinking of joining Lotto? Give us a try, you might win some money and you will be helping to fund our future. My email address is colinstewart@rangers.co.uk if anyone would like to know more about Lotto or any of the other RYDC products.

Many Thanks
Colin

Dealt with this brilliantly.

Just reading on Twitter, Colin Stewart from Rangers saying that over the Christmas period they’ve lost quite a few direct debit subscribers and that the total number of current players could fit into the Sandy Jardine Stand.

Given that we have 50,000 at every game plus many thousands more who don’t/can’t attend, it seems pitiful that less than 10,000 are prepared to pay £1 a week into the club. Once you sign up (which is very straightforward to do), you are sent a note of your numbers and that’s it. You don’t even have to check them every week as the club do that for you and post a check if you win.

If you don’t currently play, why not?

If you want to start playing, sign up here.

Not read full thread but id guess similar would have been said, for us we play it through DD but when you add 2 x union jacks, RTV, CCS, Programme & for most match day food + our STs i think i can understand people who dont or should i say Cant.

Iam sure everyone would love to but if we add in merchandise it becomes a struggle for many people, just too much

Not read full thread but id guess similar would have been said, for us we play it through DD but when you add 2 x union jacks, RTV, CCS, Programme & for most match day food + our STs i think i can understand people who dont or should i say Cant.

Iam sure everyone would love to but if we add in merchandise it becomes a struggle for many people, just too much
I fully understand that this will be the position for many people. Following a football club is far from cheap. The thread was not aimed at those who fall into that category or indeed those who for example are opposed to gambling. The fact that Rangers are by far Scotland’s biggest club but other clubs have more playing their club lotteries (as confirmed earlier in the thread by Colin Stewart who runs Rangers lottery) is what I find difficult to understand. Given we have more supporters than any other club then it seems to me there must be a large number of Rangers supporters who are in a position to play but choose not to.

I fully understand that this will be the position for many people. Following a football club is far from cheap. The thread was not aimed at those who fall into that category or indeed those who for example are opposed to gambling. The fact that Rangers are by far Scotland’s biggest club but other clubs have more playing their club lotteries (as confirmed earlier in the thread by Colin Stewart who runs Rangers lottery) is what I find difficult to understand. Given we have more supporters than any other club then it seems to me there must be a large number of Rangers supporters who are in a position to play but choose not to.
Rangers fans probably spend more on their club than fans of other clubs.
More cup games than most teams and more European games than most teams. Add the travelling expenses and time off work in some cases to get to these games. Most of us have bought merchandise, lots of us have done the tours, quite a few have rtv.
Other teams fans might well buy more lottery tickets but how much more ££s do they actually spend on their club?

The Rangers support who dont go to matches,buy kit,do RTV, or buy into all the other "Stuff' is still a massive market. That is where Agents can come into play. I know it is old fashioned and manual process, but, in my opinion it is how to the numbers can grow.
Old fashioned me!!

Signed up. Not entirely sure I understand how it works...maybe that puts people off. Think im in for three games :)
If you signed up by DD you will get an email confirmation. When first DD comes off your bank account you will get your card with your nos.through post. All banks take different timescales to process DD. Call office 0414274914 if in any doubt.
Well done signing up.

Understand colins point but itll certainly be swings & roundabouts in this case, its good for far off bears etc to keep their hand in but our union jack/rising stars seems to be popular at the games, you see people often buying x 5, its like everything on how well the individual is doing & what he can afford in life but no one should ever feel guilt at not doing it, we'll leave that Guilt for those on the other side of the city !

If you signed up by DD you will get an email confirmation. When first DD comes off your bank account you will get your card with your nos.through post. All banks take different timescales to process DD. Call office 0414274914 if in any doubt.
Well done signing up.
What are 'my numbers'...?

And if the Lotto doesn't take your fancy then the Pools is another product which raises money for the club.

You also get a chance to win prizes and get membership of the exclusive Follow Follow Leader Board if you join via this link - http://bit.ly/2TjOi6y

I won £1500 about 6 months ago. Only played for about a year. Happy days and money goes to a great cause I don’t even check the thing.

Back