Those who don’t do Rangers Lottery - why not?

Woodrow Call

Comparison to the old pools is unfair, as there was no National Lottery, nor the numerous gambling options that are readily available today.
Yes but there was Littlewoods and Vernons and a bookie on every street corner. The success of the old pools was down to the agents and that there was a lot more industry like the shipyards where the agents collected. A hundred grand a week at it's peak. 33/33/33. Agents, Club, Prize.

Gib1958

Just reading on Twitter, Colin Stewart from Rangers saying that over the Christmas period they’ve lost quite a few direct debit subscribers and that the total number of current players could fit into the Sandy Jardine Stand.

Given that we have 50,000 at every game plus many thousands more who don’t/can’t attend, it seems pitiful that less than 10,000 are prepared to pay £1 a week into the club. Once you sign up (which is very straightforward to do), you are sent a note of your numbers and that’s it. You don’t even have to check them every week as the club do that for you and post a check if you win.

If you don’t currently play, why not?

If you want to start playing, sign up here.

Gib1958

Just reading on Twitter, Colin Stewart from Rangers saying that over the Christmas period they’ve lost quite a few direct debit subscribers and that the total number of current players could fit into the Sandy Jardine Stand.

Given that we have 50,000 at every game plus many thousands more who don’t/can’t attend, it seems pitiful that less than 10,000 are prepared to pay £1 a week into the club. Once you sign up (which is very straightforward to do), you are sent a note of your numbers and that’s it. You don’t even have to check them every week as the club do that for you and post a check if you win.

If you don’t currently play, why not?

If you want to start playing, sign up here.

Just signed up ,

Mosset Bear

I've played two lines a week for some time and have never won but that's not important. I don't get to many games so although it's only a few pounds, at least I'm contributing something to the club.

It Is Old But Beautiful

Can’t afford it, that’s another £52 in a year of expenses. I already have a season ticket, buy a programme every match and sometimes a Rising Stars. I also have a £5 RangersTV subscription. I also need to save for other games.

Not everyone has a large income. I wish folk would understand this it’s a pretty easy conclusion to make.

Boydscores

Can’t afford it, that’s another £52 in a year of expenses. I already have a season ticket, buy a programme every match and sometimes a Rising Stars. I also have a £5 RangersTV subscription. I also need to save for other games.

Not everyone has a large income. I wish folk would understand this it’s a pretty easy conclusion to make.
Fair comment young man.
This is aimed at any who can pay a quid or two a week with no probs.

Peepoday boy

Maybe by the time people buy season tickets,getting to/from the game etc.Club 1872 and RTV subscriptions to start with they can't afford another thing mate.
Money can only go so far
You've missed the £3.5m we give to the clubs who tried to destroy our club from your list.

I don't know for certain but I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest that the number of supporters who can't afford a weekly subscription is very small and that the number of supporters who choose not to do it is very large.

nithbear

Been subscribed for some while;never won hee haw;but couldn`t give a f*ck really,if I ever do it will be a nice surprise:) ...... money to the club I would have thought is the primary reason for playing..

interbear

£2 a week for this bear. Been doing it for a few years as it’s a simple way to put a little money into the club over and above the season ticket. Every little helps, as a certain supermarket occasionally reminds us.

Have never won a thing though, like most. It’s a lottery after all.

Boydscores

£2 a week for this bear. Been doing it for a few years as it’s a simple way to put a little money into the club over and above the season ticket. Every little helps, as a certain supermarket occasionally reminds us.

Have never won a thing though, like most. It’s a lottery after all.
And helps The Rangers Academy develop our young players. Not a cheap thing to do but every sign up counts. It's for Our Rangers!!

RenfrewBear72

Setup for a few quid a week, no payment was taken.
I emailed, my account ballsed up and I couldn't fix it without phoning someone, my pet hate, so naw.

Ziltoid

That's a good reminder. I signed up over a year ago, direct debit has been taken every week but apart from the sign up email I've heard nothing at all. Not got a clue if I'm even in the draw. :confused: Need to contact them tomorrow.

monkey magic

Can we not just have a stand alone fund to donate money directly into the club every month ? It wouldn't matter how much, just pour any spare cash into Rangers ?

Barrymoped

I signed up during the dark days of Green etc as it was separate to the club and they never got their grubby paws on it.

Within a month I won £250 and thought, this is easy! Sadly, I’ve won nothing in the 5 years since! But for just £1 a week it’s very little outlay.

BobbyShearer55-65

Many prople have zero interest in anything gambling-related. It plays no part in their lives and is something they simply don't think about participating in - no matter how small the stake.

Personally speaking, I wouldn't take a free bet if offered one and wouldn't even put a 50p line on the Grand National. I find the whole thing, tedious, dull and of zero interest at all.

AndythephotoDr

i think for some it’s just a case of how much more can they afford to give the club. Whilst every new initiative does bring in cash it’s be generally from the fans going back to the well time and time again.

when you factor in money spent on Tickets, Merchandise, Food on a match day, a programme your average fan will be putting a reasonable chunk of the weekly wage into the club and for that are you getting value for money?
You then have hours who have bought shares, do the lotto, rising stars etc.

I’d like to see the club actually do more to give fans a bit of value for the money spent, encourage them to spend on decent food in the ground, have stuff pre and post match to spend money on. A proper pub at the ground where the profits go into the club would be good, have the fans spend less on the street vendors in scarfs, hats etc and even food and have a proper place at the ground giving fans a bit of value.

the SRU do really well having folks spend a bit of timetable the ground before and after rugby matches with varied food and drink stalls, huge merchandise tent and shop, music and activities. It also helps ease the congestion on the way out. If done it myself mulled about the ground until the traffic disperses a bit before heading home yet I’ve never wanted to do that after a match at Ibrox.

HelloMyNameIsMrBurns

wouldn’t really call it gambling imo, for me I’m contributing to the club. If I win I win if I don’t I don’t, not the same as say putting on a coupon two three times a week losing money to a massive company that I have no reason to support if that makes sense.
If the guy is a gambling addict and isn’t putting it on for that reason then it doesn’t really matter what you call it to be honest.