Follow We Will

Though The Straits Be Broad or Narrow
Its Follow We Will
We Will Follow In The Footsteps Of Our Team
God Bless Them

Follow Follow
We Will Follow Rangers Everywhere Anywhere
We Will Follow On.
Dundee, Hamilton, Aberdeen And Back Again.
If They Go To Dublin We Will Follow On

For there's Not A Team Like The Glasgow Rangers.
No Not One.
And There Never Shall Be One.

Celtc know All About Their Troubles.
We Will Fight Till The Day Is Done.
For there's Not A Team Like The Glasgow Rangers
No Not One And There Never Shall Be One!

Last edited:
While we are at it.... Derry's Walls:

King James and all his rebel ...
men,
band,
scum.

Delete as appropriate, but which is correct?

Sing every where anywhere on the bus you’ll get slapped!

On the bus.... at the Sash Bash..
. we can sing what we want.

But WHEN strict liability is introduced we will need to know the correct words to all our battle hymns, to ensure The Club don't get fined or docked points.

And our support stay out of jail. :(

You would think that our main anthem would be learned properly, not a lot to ask I would suggest

for nearly everybody it just gets sung without anyone seeing the words written down. For a long time I also assumed it was Streets, and was surprised to learn my error. Then I had a few arguments.

for nearly everybody it just gets sung without anyone seeing the words written down. For a long time I also assumed it was Streets, and was surprised to learn my error. Then I had a few arguments.
Yip when you have the knowledge you can turn into the smuggest gig on the planet knowing you are right. Been there

There's always a guy who sits behind me. Tries to start follow follow every week.

Streets be...

I correct him under my breath every time. So much that the guy next to me has started it too.

My 10 year old daughter has been arguing the case for straits with her school pals and one of her teachers.

Great to hear that cultural tunes are still being taught as part of the curriculum in some schools mate........ ‘OK children, turn to page 25 for a full and gusto rendition of Build my Gallows’:D

Same as back in the day when we sang TBB...I was sure me and everybody else were singing "We are the Billy Boys" in praise of King Billy!

Somehow history has been re-written and "We are the Billy Boys" is in praise of some bloke fae Brig'ton Billy Fullerton who beat up catholics for beatin' him up???

Anyone shed any light on that?
Time of the razor gangs as in No Mean City.

Follow Follow
We Will Follow Rangers Anywhere Everywhere
We Will Follow On.
Follow Follow we will Follow Rangers

Correct but for me it's also " even into Europe we will follow on" no mention of Dublin . That's from an old single from the 60s I have in the loft.

I'm 46 and always sang "streets" and I reckon 99% of my mates are the same. Every day is a school day I suppose.

I’m 29 and have always known it’s “straits”.

I do know many who sing it as “streets” though.

I've got the wee man singing “Aberdeen and back again” part.But his sounds like when the tv turns down the offensive parts.Give him a chance he’s three.

Good point.

Also.... no 'mad speed' clapping.

Though The Straits Be Broad or Narrow its Follow We Will
Follow We Will
Follow We Will

Though The Straits Be Broad or Narrow
Its Follow We Will
We Will Follow In The Footsteps Of Our Team
God Bless Them

Follow Follow
We Will Follow Rangers Everywhere Anywhere
We Will Follow On.
Dundee, Hamilton, Aberdeen And Back Again.

For there's Not A Team Like The Glasgow Rangers.
No Not One.
And There Never Shall Be One.

Celtc know All About Their Troubles.
We Will Fight Till The Day Is Done.
For there's Not A Team Like The Glasgow Rangers
No Not One And There Never Shall Be One!
Is it not "others" instead of Celtic?

While we are at it.... Derry's Walls:

King James and all his rebel ...
men,
band,
scum.

Delete as appropriate, but which is correct?

On the subject of Derry's Walls and those particular lines:

King James and all his rebel band
Came up to Bishops Gate
With heart and hand and sword and shield
We forced them to retreat

The final line above has not been sung correctly by the majority of our supporters for years.

Straits Streets it's hardly a crime,Personally at 63 I've always sang straits but I make an arse of myself singing the wrong words to other songs from time to time.

Same as back in the day when we sang TBB...I was sure me and everybody else were singing "We are the Billy Boys" in praise of King Billy!

Somehow history has been re-written and "We are the Billy Boys" is in praise of some bloke fae Brig'ton Billy Fullerton who beat up catholics for beatin' him up???

Anyone shed any light on that?
In NI they were up to there knecks in 19th Century Terrorist blood as opposed to Scotland where we were only up to our knees!!!!

Came up to Bishops Gate

The final line above has not been sung correctly by the majority of our supporters for years.
As a nipper I thought it was “we’ll guard old Derek’s walls” lol

Came up to Bishops Gate

This is the way I was taught.

Still pisses me off that everyone at Ibrox, and I mean everyone, changes that to “we’ll guard old Derry’s walls”

My lassie used to sing "down the house of commons in your granny shoes" instead of "brand new shoes." Was kinda funny at the time.

Back