Thoughts of a dying man (not me)

Vony Tidmar

My mate who's been a long time supporter was at that fateful game in 71 when we sadly lost some of our own. He said to me recently I've only shed a tear twice in my time as a supporter once as a boy when I got home and found out what happened that day, and when we stopped them from winning the league at Ibrox when we where on our knees. He said if he lives to see us lift 55 that will be the third time he's unfortunately terminal with cancer has 6 moths tops i wish more than anything we do this and he's around long enough to see it.

My mate who's been a long time supporter was at that fateful game in 71 when we sadly lost some of our own. He said to me recently I've only shed a tear twice in my time as a supporter once as a boy when I got home and found out what happened that day, and when we stopped them from winning the league at Ibrox when we where on our knees. He said if he lives to see us lift 55 that will be the third time he's unfortunately terminal with cancer has 6 moths tops i wish more than anything we do this and he's around long enough to see it.
So do I mate so do I give him my kind regards from a fellow Rangers supporter.

hope the big man above spares him to he sees his dying wish.

my older cousin was like a big bro to me. Him and my dad were major influences on me becoming a rangers fan back in the day. Sadly he passed away with cystic fibrosis in July 2012. We were in a total mess at that time and he died not knowing if we were even gonna have a club starting the season that year. Wish he was here for 55

hope the big man above spares him to he sees his dying wish.

my older cousin was like a big bro to me. Him and my dad were major influences on me becoming a Rangers fan back in the day. Sadly he passed away with cystic fibrosis in July 2012. We were in a total mess at that time and he died not knowing if we were even gonna have a club starting the season that year. Wish he was here for 55
He's much older than me use to drive me to games when I was a pup great influence on me I hope he lives to see it. I hope we do it for him.

Pass on FF's best wishes, I'm sure people wouldn't mind me speaking on their behalf!

It's gonna be so sweet for all of us

When we win the 55th title a lot of good bears will have missed out. Sad times for a lot of families. Hope he makes it. Will sure put a smile on his face.

Only hope we get this done as quick as possible I'm 69 next month on the 14 February would you believe it!,so I know your friends feelings been going to watch the famous since I was 8 !ive had tears in my eyes many times watching our team my dad died just before the lovenkrands final I was coming back from Spain queuing for check in,behind me was a big scouser and I asked if he knew the score in the rangers game,3-2 think Rangers scored in the last minute he said well I can only say I just really broke down,thro all the emotions,my niece who was at the game then phoned when I was waiting in lounge to tell me she had looked at the clock then up to the sky and prayed c'mon papa,give us a goal,the rest is history I've never been able to watch an old firm game since about 2007,my health wont let me,so coming back from walking the dogs phone went in car and it was my late brother Stephen sadly 2 years come March,to tell me Ryan Jack had just got the monkey off our backs after those long years I had stopped the car thankfully and when we finished talking,tears just tears, I'm not the only one my friend but from the bottom of my heart I hope and pray your friend gets his wish to see the famous reach 55,and hopefully gets to celebrate with you,thoughts with you brother, yours aye

Ah I really hope he gets to see it. So sad :(
My older cousin passed away in December, he was a big fan and it’s sad he won’t get to see 55 but I’m sure he will be watching, I know his friends, little brother etc will celebrate for him and we will all raise a wee drink to absent friends.

Thanks for sharing Vony Tidmar, this means so much, to so many. I sincerely hope you friend will be able to join the celebrations.
WATP
Totally agree said on another post 55 is just as important to the Bears that are not with us anymore in fact it is probably more so .

Here's hoping he gets his wish. I'm sure he'll be doing his damndest to be here for that moment.

If not, he'll be watching from on high, along with far too many who have fallen since our last title in 2011, with a big grin on his face.

Only hope we get this done as quick as possible I'm 69 next month on the 14 February would you believe it!,so I know your friends feelings been going to watch the famous since I was 8 !ive had tears in my eyes many times watching our team my dad died just before the lovenkrands final I was coming back from Spain queuing for check in,behind me was a big scouser and I asked if he knew the score in the Rangers game,3-2 think Rangers scored in the last minute he said well I can only say I just really broke down,thro all the emotions,my niece who was at the game then phoned when I was waiting in lounge to tell me she had looked at the clock then up to the sky and prayed c'mon papa,give us a goal,the rest is history I've never been able to watch an old firm game since about 2007,my health wont let me,so coming back from walking the dogs phone went in car and it was my late brother Stephen sadly 2 years come March,to tell me Ryan Jack had just got the monkey off our backs after those long years I had stopped the car thankfully and when we finished talking,tears just tears, I'm not the only one my friend but from the bottom of my heart I hope and pray your friend gets his wish to see the famous reach 55,and hopefully gets to celebrate with you,thoughts with you brother, yours aye
My uncle died the season we went toe to toe with them won it on gol difference I preyed we would do it for my uncle a massive bear we did I've never been so drunk in my life! Got sent home from work for being intoxicated at 3 pm the next day

I hope he’s here too.
Make it so, G.

If anybody deserves 55, it's your mate OP. Good luck to him anyone else that is struggling and hope our great team brings them some joy

Back