Thoughts on Candeias?

He was poor tonight but generally I think he's been a decent signing. Not a world beater but decent.

He’s a winger who blows hot and cold. Can generally be relied upon to put in a good shift but oddly tonight he looked off the pace and was poor.

Bigger problems in the team to address imo.
I agree with this. He had a shocker tonight but the spine of the team is still the weakest as it’s ever been which is the problem that Caixinha promised he would fix but hasn’t.

Works his arse off.
Puts some decent balls in
Puts some crap ones in (corners usually)
Puts some terrific ones in.

Like most wingers he’s hot and cold
Unlike most he never shirks his defensive responsibility & never ducks out of challenges.

Far from being on a list of problems

His corners were shocking throughout, and his crosses were equally awful.

A bit like with Windass on the left, the fact that these two are first picks with no alternatives tells you a lot about the state of our squad.

Generally one of our better players without doubt

Maybe not ‘Rangers class’ but is anyone in this squad

Started off okay tonight but McCann sussed him out and never got a look in in the second half.. A squad player at best..

A good player but he is a winger. He will drift in and out of games. Hard for a winger to do much when the rest of the team is doing the square route of %^*& all. Yet again you couldn't fault his effort tonight and some of the criticism aimed at him during the game was just mental and wrong.

one of the better signings who did not have the greatest game but always gives 100% if only his team mates put in the same effort

while on - why was he taken off before Miller ?? we then had 3 strikers on, who was meant to cross the ball into the box for the 3 strikers - baffling tactics

His corners were shocking throughout, and his crosses were equally awful.

A bit like with Windass on the left, the fact that these two are first picks with no alternatives tells you a lot about the state of our squad.
He would probably do better a taking corners if Miller would get out his face and stay in the box where he should be.

We as a team play the game so slowly that we don’t get the best out of him. He’s far from being a world beater but better than he showed tonight

He is bang average
Give me a Rangers jersey and I will run all day long,This nonsense about effort doesn’t hide the fact that he’s a winger without a trick.

Tonight the support let him know early doors that his performance is simply not good enough

Been very good generally but had a shocker tonight. It happens. Player wise, he’s the least of our worries.

He is a good player and would look better with better players around him. He also doesn't hide like most of our players.

A winger that can't take a man on. He was awful tonight, corners were a joke. An average player who gives his all to be fair to him but not the quality required going forward.

I have been watching rangers for 40 years and he is one of the worst wingers i have ever seen at rangers he cant take corner he cant put a decent cross in and disapeers every second half but its fine because he gives a 100 percent nae bother

He puts a shift in but he makes the wrong choice every time.

We really have to change the whole system to limit the amount of freedom we give average players.

Worse than average and we had people on here tonight saying hees a decent player... His corners didnt get into the box.. His crossing is like watching a drunk pub footballer on a Sunday.. If hees decent I want a trial at Ibrox

He was poor tonight, although by no means the worst.

So far this season, probably one of our better players, but nowhere near as good as some wingers we have had in the past.

On reflection, "distinctly average" probably does sum him up, and the entire squad, quite nicely.

Haven’t rated him for much of the season.
With regards to effort, it’s easy to run about and pump the badge when things are going well for you and you have the buzz of being at a new club. Haven’t seen much of that in his last 2 performances.
Also I can’t get the image of him laying down for almost a full minute after taking a tackle of tierney at Ibrox.

Works his arse off.
Puts some decent balls in
Puts some crap ones in (corners usually)
Puts some terrific ones in.

Like most wingers he’s hot and cold
Unlike most he never shirks his defensive responsibility & never ducks out of challenges.

Far from being on a list of problems
Except tonight!

Is he Forrester in disguise ?

Came into the team, looked a player then performances dipped. Hamilton he was honking, how he got a start tonight I'll never know.

Football manager type signing, decent stats on paper, but he’s here for a reason and that is he’s not very good.

He’s not great but there’s not many in the squad who can beat a man and/or cross a ball. One great cross early in the game tonight which Miller wasted heading right at the keeper.

First saw him and thought he was rapid! Then realised he just takes wee steps and his legs just move really really quickly. So no real pace or drop the shoulder type tricks but he tries and works hard (not tonight).

Easy to start seeing flaws in our players after the last two results when we have been dreadful. I still have hope for him....

The moment Kenny told him to be left wing because he didn’t like it, his game plummeted. We became ineffective from both flanks and both wing backs also became exposed and ineffective. Him and Tav have been a good tag team, tonight that got fucked.

Could have acquired Naismith and Lafferty quite easily, I think any half decent manager in our predicament would have brought these two in.

Absolutely baffling that people can say with a straight face that his crossing is poor. Folk are either suffering from hysteria after that shite show tonight and are struggling to remember his contributions so far this season, or they simply can't spot something good happening when they see it. Old guys behind me see a good ball into the box where a striker hasn't gambled, and call it a poor cross. Seems there's folk here suffering from the same eye sight problems.

Works hard and has shown he has quality about him. Going through a poor spell of form doesn't change that. Even with poor form, has the 3rd most assists in the league, 1 behind Tav. But aye, he can't cross a ball...

One of the few to keep for a new manager.

Haven’t rated him for much of the season.
With regards to effort, it’s easy to run about and pump the badge when things are going well for you and you have the buzz of being at a new club. Haven’t seen much of that in his last 2 performances.
Also I can’t get the image of him laying down for almost a full minute after taking a tackle of tierney at Ibrox.
He shat it from the mentally challenged after that tackle.

He's rotten in general, bemused that people actually rate him tbh.

Back