Thoughts on Candeias?

A journeyman winger.

But nowhere near the worst in the squad - which kind of says it all.

His corners were shocking throughout, and his crosses were equally awful.

A bit like with Windass on the left, the fact that these two are first picks with no alternatives tells you a lot about the state of our squad.

In his defence, the corners last night were meant for the front post

Usual hysteria for some. As someone else mentioned, he’s got the third most assists in the SPL this season and has a couple of goals to boot. He also played very well up until Hamilton and Dundee so people suggesting he downed tools when Pedro left are at it.

People complain that he’s been to a load of clubs and is a journeyman. These clubs have been in the spannish first devision as well as other competitive leagues. With the exception of Celtic he would walk into every team in the spl.

The hilarious comments about ‘foreign’ wingers aren’t even worth replying to.

Some people seem to expect every cross to land plum on a strikers head. Don't think even the likes of Beckham managed that. At least Candeias attempts to get the ball into the box. Ironically I think Garner would probably have benefited this season if he was still here.

Going downhill fast.
That's probably closer about him. Had some more than decent games but like most of the squad the heads are down and guy's are just shadows of the players that when confidence was high. I think back to the first 20 minutes of the hibs game at Ibrox and wonder what the hell has happened since

After excellent starts. Both Morelos and candeias have been very poor and need spells on the sidelines.

The problem is that they don’t have any proper competition for the jersey. In addition to that, they are not the only ones playing poorly.

We have a lot of decent players in our squad and that’s part of the problem. They are only decent! We don’t have any quality, don’t have any leadership, don’t have “tough guys” and certainly don’t have character.

pedro got the best out of him because he played him as a winger on the right wing

murty has been switching him to the other side during games and last night our front 4 of windass candeias miller and morelos were all playing in a fluid formation roaming in and out of different positions.

as a result candeais got lost in the game, he was poor last night but if we use him in his position he is excellent

He's a journeyman pro in his late 20s who cost £750,000.

For that outlay we've picked up someone who's quick, puts in a good shift, has a decent cross on him and who brings the best out of Tav behind him.

A clear pass regardless of how poor he's been in his last couple of games.

He's a good player in a poor squad. He isn't a world beater but a good guy to have in the squad and very much down my list of worries.

As for the corners, he isn't very good at them. But then the manager states who takes set pieces and why he wasn't taken off them after the first 3 last night I will never know

The two least worst players are the goalie and Morelos. The rest are utterly dire and in a decent team the two I’ve mentioned might be on the bench. That to me is the scale of what’s needed and this board clearly can’t deliver that level of investment. As to who can? I’ve no idea but at this rate we’ll be no more than a very ordinary Scottish team with a European finish being a better than normal season.

Has a good engine, covers a lot of ground, puts in a good shift etc. As would I if I played for Rangers.

Bottom line is, just like the rest of the squad, he aint enough.

In a squad of drivel players he's certainly not the worst though. That tells it's own story.

After excellent starts. Both Morelos and candeias have been very poor and need spells on the sidelines.

The problem is that they don’t have any proper competition for the jersey. In addition to that, they are not the only ones playing poorly.

We have a lot of decent players in our squad and that’s part of the problem. They are only decent! We don’t have any quality, don’t have any leadership, don’t have “tough guys” and certainly don’t have character.
So Morelos is shite as well, time to get out the bear pit I think, it’s nutjob central.

Bang average and flatters to deceive mainly although to be fair there is the odd flash of quality albeit infrequently. The fact that he is far from being the worst player we have and is probably our best option in wide areas is very depressing.

Back