Thoughts on Katic

Will be decent in a team in the bottom half of a table that has their backs to the wall most of the time but he's not good enough on the ball to succeed here

Not good enough, you can see he want's and believes he should be there but it's a nope from me. If you could merge him and Simpson you might get a decent CB.

We all love Katic but I think one thing we can all agree on is it’s time to shake hands and go our separate ways.

Wish him well

Like the big guy, but he's nowhere near it.

Passing was always the problem, last night he put us in danger 3 times with terrible passes. With how we play, it just doesn't fit.

I think my Roborock has a better turn of pace at the moment. He looked so cumbersome last night.

Not sure what's next for Katic.

Instincts are pretty good as a blocker but given a chance to think it goes a bit pear shaped. Tends to be pretty indicicive about what to do with the ball and lacks any vision so tends to change his mind a few times then does the most basic thing possible. Is useful for sure and has a good header on him which got him some decent goals but I reckon if Souttar is available it's maybe no contest.

I didn't see the game last night but based on the comments and his performances last season then nothing has changed with Katic and he is not good enough.

On Balogun, we all loved him and he was capable of playing very well but he has been increasingly injury prone and so I understand the decision to move him on.

Someone who I think had his role to play at the point in time we signed him.
He's not quite developed the other side of his game he'd need to be a mainstay of our side.

Could he hang around and do a role as cover when required? Probably.
At his age, is that wise in a footballing sense? Probably not.

All these people saying sell he’s not good enough. Why?

He’s perfectly capable of being back up, especially domestically if anything happens to our regular CB pairing which presumable is going to be Goldson & Helander/Souttar.

To those who say 'move him on', who exactly is going to buy him?

Hes barely kicked a ball with purpose in 2 years and doesnt have an extensive pedigree that might make you think hes worth a risk. Hes also on a higher wage than most clubs would want to pay for such a player and its unlikely anyone would pay a fee given the situation.

Most likely he'll go on loan somewhere until his contract runs out then he'll leave for nothing.

Back