Thoughts on Man City: can anyone get worked up?

I honestly cant get worked up about any English team, never ever had a favourite English team, i like watching the premiership and any of there teams in Europe but couldn't care less who beats who every week, although I was rooting for Leicester to do it just to upset the applecart.

How so?

Liverpool and Man Utd have been built on success. They don't have franchise football teams around the world just very good marketing.

They don’t have franchise clubs? Explain Royal Antwerp then.

As has been mentioned earlier. Liverpool were nothing before the Littewoods money bankrolled them to success

I know for a fact City’s games , champions league apart, are sold out between now and the end of the season. Any empty seats you see are season ticket holders not turning up

They don’t have franchise clubs? Explain Royal Antwerp then.

As has been mentioned earlier. Liverpool were nothing before the Littewoods money bankrolled them to success

I know for a fact City’s games , champions league apart, are sold out between now and the end of the season. Any empty seats you see are season ticket holders not turning up
I'm not talking about empty seats or tourists coming to visit.

Is Royal Antwerp is a loan partnership is it not? not the same

Can you explain the littlewoods money? Is it on the same scale as man city and psg arabs?

I don't understand this logic at all. Why wouldn't he want to work with the best players as much as possible?

It's like saying Messi is sh*te unless he goes and plays for St Mirren and wins them the title and proves he's as good with players that are sh*te.
Because it's too easy. I didn't say he was shite I just think if you want to be regarded amongst the best football managers you need to have taken a struggling or average team and raise them to much greater heights. Clough and SAF for example took teams who had been struggling for years and made then the best in their country and Europe at two different clubs no less. Jose worked miracles with Porto, winning two European trophies against all the odds. Pep took over a fantastic team at Barcelona with some of the best players of their generation already there then did the same at Bayern and now has unlimited cash to spend at Man City and has spent hundreds of millions on the best players available. As I said, if he took over at somewhere like Everton or Wolves and turned then into European contenders that would be much more impressive.

Because it's too easy. I didn't say he was shite I just think if you want to be regarded amongst the best football managers you need to have taken a struggling or average team and raise them to much greater heights. Clough and SAF for example took teams who had been struggling for years and made then the best in their country and Europe at two different clubs no less. Jose worked miracles with Porto, winning two European trophies against all the odds. Pep took over a fantastic team at Barcelona with some of the best players of their generation already there then did the same at Bayern and now has unlimited cash to spend at Man City and has spent hundreds of millions on the best players available. As I said, if he took over at somewhere like Everton or Wolves and turned then into European contenders that would be much more impressive.

When Pep took the Barca job, they'd just finished 3rd or 4th in La Liga. He then went on to win everything the next season, without spending any money. He promoted youth and sold a lot of the big names like Ronaldinho, Deco etc.

Football has moved on since the 80s and 90s. People need to accept that.

I don’t think Pep is a bell end, he is an amazing coach, but I agree with your other points, it’s all very fake with City, they money machine has created enormous wealth and success for them but it would take another 50 years of this for them have history comparable with United and Liverpool, the same goes with Chelsea.
That's why I'd like to see Liverpool win it,a kinda working class hero by comparison,just one of many clubs that have ruined the game.

I don't really care about them wether they win or lose etc, but i try to watch most of their games because they are excellent to watch.

How so?

Liverpool and Man Utd have been built on success. They don't have franchise football teams around the world just very good marketing.

Well yes, they have an exclusive deal with glory hunters the world over. It’s nothing to be proud of.
Thankfully something City will never have a problem with.

That's why I'd like to see Liverpool win it,a kinda working class hero by comparison,just one of many clubs that have ruined the game.
Whilst liverpool have a fairly low net spend over the last few years, I think the closest they are to a working class hero is sharing a city with that songs writer.

Back