Thoughts on tonight

3 points is the only real positive from that tonight. It’s the lack of clear cut chances that are being created that’s worrying I feel. Creativity from midfield is lacking somewhat-shuttling the ball left to right to left to right isn’t actually moving these teams about-they are quite happy to stay compact and pass the man on. We need more forward drive-not necessarily the wee cute flicks when space is at a premium.

3 points is all we can say about that.

On a side note. Ping Pong the next superstar stretchered off with a serious looking injury at the end of the Crash Barriers game.
Plus thumb heid throwing stuff at spectators live on tv! Compliance Officer? Compliance Officer? Compliance Officer? Where are you Compliance Officer?

I think flannigan was the right call at rb, but his lack of minutes showed. St Mirren set out to frustrate, and they did well at it. We got the points. I think you can read too much into 1 performance, but before the game we needed 3 pts to build on the pre break wins. We have 3 pts. I think we all know the gaffer won’t be happy with that performance, and the players will know about it.

Taking 3 points from games like that is what wins leagues. Take the win and move on to the next game.

1) thank %^*& that's in the bag. Absolutely turgid game of football one of the worst I have seen in many a time. But most importantly 3 points in the bag

2) nothing new here to add but Katic really is a monster in the air. Literally fancy him to win everything that comes his way. Been a long time since we really had somebody with that commanding presence. He would headbutt his gran for us

3) Flanagan will never be our right back in a million years. Don't think any of his crosses beat the first man. I understand he needs minutes for going to tynecastle. In a game that should suit him. I'm fine with him in games in Europe oddly enough a backs to the wall bodies on the line type game and he's your man. But against at mitten who parked the whole of paisley in their half just not effective.

4) what a horrible horrible way to set up a team by at mitten. They would get football cancelled. Even time wasting when they are 1-0 down. Wish them nothing but misery from now until the end of the season (mentally challenged games aside)

5) hopefully that's our first league game rustiness shook as we need to improve in the final third too pedestrian at times. For all that possession and their keeper literally not having many saves to make is poor.

Nevertheless a wins a win and we move on to the next game

We we’re missing two key players. We aren’t strong enough yet for that not to have an impact. That said the team selection really didn’t help. Arfield should have started as should Patterson.

We got 3 points against a team that openly admitted that they weren't going to try and play football.

We managed to win, despite us not having our top goal scorer and our captain (and one of our main outballs) available to us.

Job done. And considering the events this time last year, you have to be happy at that. Games like tonight make or break title winners, imo.

Poor game and a pretty uninspiring performance from us, but 3 points nonetheless. Come the end of the season, could be crucial.

The plus is that a game like that would have seen us conceding a late goal last season.

It might be worth tryin Aribo as a 10 next time we face team like, drop amiddielder and if Stewart's fit put him at right side attack

Turgid and horrible to watch at times, but I'll take 1-0 every game until the end of the season, tbh. I thought we would've been far better then we were in the second half as we dominated the first.

Same as last year, really slow start after the break. The difference is we dropped points last year.

Looked like a team missing it's two best players.

Flanagan is dreadful, would prefer the unknown of Patterson over the known pish of Flanagan.

3 points in the bag and onto Sunday but I expect a similar pattern then aswell.

tonight went almost exactly how I thought it would go. St. Mirren were always going to play that way,time killing anti football crap. thought we'd have put at least 2 away though. anyway, points in the bag,no injuries and onto hearts which will be totally different game,they'll play a bit which suits us just nicely.

tonight went almost exactly how I thought it would go. St. Mirren were always going to play that way,time killing anti football crap. thought we'd have put at least 2 away though. anyway, points in the bag,no injuries and onto hearts which will be totally different game,they'll play a bit which suits us just nicely.
4 points detached at bottom, no they won’t.

Plus thumb heid throwing stuff at spectators live on tv! Compliance Officer? Compliance Officer? Compliance Officer? Where are you Compliance Officer?
Exactly, remember Halliday getting sent off for raising his arms in the centre circle, they said it could have incited a riot (don't laugh).

The rug has to be cited, if that Killie supporter had thrown something we'd never hear the end of it.

Lack of dynamism in our midfield really worries me sometimes. We can fall into safe mode very easily.

That St Mirren team is honking.

Ref was a cuunt too.

Hearts will have a go at the weekend, so might suit us better.

Wrong team selection. Afield should have started in midfield, probably ahead of Kamala.
Build up far too slow, too much passing for sake of passing. Defoe or Kent should have been removed for Ojo, who looked lively. St Midden were very defensive but at least tried to pass the ball.

Flannigan will be needed for Hearts game so could understand getting him up to speed tonight. We do need another forward and ideally a midfield who can go beyond the forwards and score. We are going to get a good few more park the bus games.

3 points is all that matters so good result

We rely so much on Morelos and Tav going forward. Especially against teams who sit in at Ibrox. We need to up our game but at least they 2 will be back.

Barasic man of the match for me and the only player who looked good going forward.

Middle 3 were far too slow and lacked creativity and imagination.

Kent again doesn't look the same player unless he has space to run into. Needs to improve but along with others like Ojo and Aribo.

Far too slow and deliberate and not enough intensity for me. Aribo played quite well but the amount of times he has to cut on to his left after beating a man is unreal. I hope it puts an end to some of the criticism tav gets as well. It’s taken a couple of games out to show how important he is to our play.

it was a tough watch but there is going to be a few more of them to come.we played well enough.was a bit worried when they got a corner at the death

3 points in the bag is good enough for me against that anti-football mob. On the plus side Ojo showed more in 10 mins than he has in half a season. Maybe we are too quick to say he's not good enough, like a lot of people did with Barisic.

We can only improve .

If we had lost a goal at the end there I reckon i would have been as angry as I’ve ever been watching Rangers .

I honestly thought the way we let them back into it was lazy and a bit worrying tbh

At what point were they ever in the game?

That had 1 shot all night and it was off target.

Slow and cumbersome all round , pretty dour in fact .

Thank feck for the three points.

That's the frustrating thing. We look a very decent side when we move the ball quickly. Being ponderous doesn't work, especially against packed defences.

Great 3 points but infuriating at times.

There are going to be games we struggle to break down teams and games we destroy teams as long as we keep winning them all that's all that matters.

Hard to look good against teams who have played the way our last two opponents have.

The 3 points is all that matters in the end up so I’m happy tonight.

Worried for Sunday. I only hope hearts try to play some football so we can get some space

We took the 3 points. We just need to do the same on Sunday. We will have Morelos back next week. If Stewart is fit Sunday I would play him and rest Aribo. Defoe needs someone to take the pressure off him. Paterson for Flanagan as well for me.

Back