Thoughts on tonight

TerrySilverLoyal

1) thank %^*& that's in the bag. Absolutely turgid game of football one of the worst I have seen in many a time. But most importantly 3 points in the bag

2) nothing new here to add but Katic really is a monster in the air. Literally fancy him to win everything that comes his way. Been a long time since we really had somebody with that commanding presence. He would headbutt his gran for us

3) Flanagan will never be our right back in a million years. Don't think any of his crosses beat the first man. I understand he needs minutes for going to tynecastle. In a game that should suit him. I'm fine with him in games in Europe oddly enough a backs to the wall bodies on the line type game and he's your man. But against at mitten who parked the whole of paisley in their half just not effective.

4) what a horrible horrible way to set up a team by at mitten. They would get football cancelled. Even time wasting when they are 1-0 down. Wish them nothing but misery from now until the end of the season (mentally challenged games aside)

5) hopefully that's our first league game rustiness shook as we need to improve in the final third too pedestrian at times. For all that possession and their keeper literally not having many saves to make is poor.

Nevertheless a wins a win and we move on to the next game

I was a bit surprised that young Patterson didn’t get a start tonight or even some minutes.

3pts is all that matters at end of the day ,wasnt pretty but a win is a win , that frimpong got stretchered off for them tonight so that was good looked a bad one

3 points is the main thing. Lacked a bit of imagination in the final 3rd but were never really under any threat.

Got the job done but we were very poor going forward.

We still struggle with teams that put everyone behind the ball

Agree with AdiGaz, the tempo lifted when Oji came on.

Poor performance and to be honest it was expected. 3 points in the bag, players getting that competitive league edge back and move on to a big game on Sunday.

Thoughts were Flanagan offers nothing and really shouldn’t be there - if the gaffer doesn’t want Patterson in then Polster will at least get forward.

Defoe needs a partner and struggled to play one up top. When is Stewart fit?

I am apprehensive about that team going to Tynecastle, we are off the boil middle to front. I am delighted to get 3 points though.

I thought Flanagan did OK tonight, although I'd prefer to have someone better to cover there!

The things that annoyed me?

Ryan Kent has really really got to learn not to beat a player and then turn back into a dead-end.
tbh, I'd have taken Kent off before Kamara.

If we're not going to shoot, why not try running with the ball into the area?

And not that important but is Ojo our only player that knows that you can't be offside from a throw-in ?

Don’t understand hate for teams that sit in against us. That’s literally football. Trying to stop goals going in your net against teams much much better than you.
Did enough to get the job done and we will look back at results come May if we lift the trophy and say this was one of them that got us over the line. Had flashbacks of Killie at home last season midweek when we drew 1-1. Shows they’ve got it to go win ugly.

agreed it was turgid but as has been said 3 points was what we wanted and what we got. Teams are going to set up like that again and again and we need to learn how to break them down. We need players to work space and have shots rather than simply passing. I know easier said than done but if we dont, we will drop points

3 points are all that matters. Up against a team with zero intention of playing the game doesnt help right enough. We’ll look back on this as a good 3 pts when we lift 55!

Tav & Morelos were a big miss.

Folk greeting that a wee diddy team didn't roll over again. We get this every week on here now. Boring.

I thought this board after Killie defended all game was bad. It's just the same tonight. We're paying players millions more than these teams. It's up to them how they want to set up against us.

If that had been the first ever game of football it would have been the last.

Unfortunately we contributed by being way too slow in the build up. Davis and Jack too many touches. Kent on the periphery, Defoe scored but did F all else (thank phuck)

The game was summed up near the end when we had a free kick just in their half. Davis passes back to Katic who passes back to McGregor! FFS put the ball in their box!!!

Take the 3 points clean sheet and move on to Sunday. Will be a different game, I actually think we are a better team away from home. Will be much more space for us to create.

Total garbage but 3 points, we really do miss Morelos and Tav so much, however given how good they both are not a surprise

Need to be far far better on Sunday though

Back