Thoughts on Yilmaz

then was took off
so in 5mins you have seen hes better then a seasoned pro in the league who has been one of our better players this year
Stop talking pish...he said he won't set up as many chances or assists as Barasic ...I'm pointing out he created 3 in 5 minutes.
Barasic is all sugar or all ahite, there's no in-between with him. He's not irreplaceable but he says Yilmaz isn't good enough...ill say differently

fucking idiots?

no offence but are you going on his quality on a youtube video made buy a turk who you wouldnt buy a can of cola off incase it was fake
I’m going by a forum that’s constantly written players off after a handful of games and been made to look stupid when they come good.

He hasn’t completed 90 minutes in the SPFL yet, so aye, if you want to judge him on the 154 minutes he’s had so far - aye, that’s right - then I think you are a complete and utter fucking idiot.

They targeted him. He coped ok but it was obvious that teams will target him due to his lack of height.

He was off the pace a little but that will improve with match time. Show some nice touches. Crossing too near the keeper.

First goal happened down his side but I'm more inclined to look across the line as he had moved up as he should have done.

Lets see what he does if he can get a few games in his legs.

He follows a player in and that leaves the space, for a first start I dont think we can be too heavy on him.

Showed in patches that he offers something different, he had a couple of good interceptions in defence.

I would have maybe had Kent playing closer to him to offer some support as well.

His throws are good, played a few infield to space and I think we kept possession for most that went up the line.

He was targetted but dealt with high balls well, its not just about height, timing comes into it as well.

Didn’t do anything bad and didn’t anything brilliant.

Needs a lot more game time to get up to speed, but you could see he wants to play a lot higher up the pitch than Borna does. Also felt he dealt with the high balls reasonably well and didn’t back down

I agree on how he dealt with the defensive headers. Looks to have a good leap.

I don't think Barisic is particularly strong in the air so I don't believe it'll be the issue so many others suggest.

What’s worse - this post, or that a couple of folk have liked it?

Just to be clear, anyone making a ‘decision’ on Yilmaz even though he’s not completed 90 minutes for us in the SPFL yet is an absolute fucking idiot.
Ive just said he’s not for me….

That makes me a fooking idiot ha ha

Ok lets see how he gets on after a 20 game run mate and get back to me i’ll be the first to say i was wrong

Won all of his headers which probably surprised a few. Good defensively. Crossing could be better but after 5 months out thought he handled the game well. Looking forward to seeing him more often.

It’s far too early to say really but he doesn’t look like a massive upgrade on Borna. Doesn’t cross the ball as well as him but does seem a little more positive going forward.

He’s not for me… i’ll leave it at that
I honestly get the feeling there are some supporters just desperate for this lad to fail.
Maybe it’s because they’re desperate for Ross Wilson to fail and see this as a massive opportunity, given the player’s fee.
I don’t know if this is you are not, just remember the old idiom about headwear.

Looked like a player making his first start in 5 months after an injury. Anybody who's formed an opinion on him after today is a moron, quite frankly.

Also not sure what you mean about the first goal, Goldson fucked the offside trap, the rest of the back 4 were in a perfect line.
Bang on the money.
Fwiw with the league done I'd like to see us try a few different things in the league as well as Yilmaz playing more :

See if Tillman is capable of playing up top as the main striker.
Give Devine more games to see where he is as potentially Tavs successor.
Give games to Hagi to determine where he's at with a view to him next season being a vital part of the squad or needing a move/loan.
Souttar playing as the RCB for a period of games.

im basing it on the fact what i have seen in a rangers jersey

borna is miles ahead and the fee we have paid,

he played well in 5mins vs aberdeen ( who are pish btw)
So you're basing on it on less than 180 minutes? Wow.

What was your opinion of Borna's first season out of interest?

It’s far too early to say really but he doesn’t look like a massive upgrade on Borna. Doesn’t cross the ball as well as him but does seem a little more positive going forward.
Remember how bad Borna was to start with, before he scored that one against St Mirren?

We learn nothing on here, even Tillman was written off after a few games.

The same plonkers desperate for players to fail.

I honestly get the feeling there are some supporters just desperate for this lad to fail.
Maybe it’s because they’re desperate for Ross Wilson to fail and see this as a massive opportunity, given the player’s fee.
I don’t know if this is you are not, just remember the old idiom about headwear.
Look through my post history mate

Im not one for irrational knee jerk shite

I just simply think for many reasons the lad isn’t settled here, doesn’t suit our league and hasn’t done anything to make me think he’s a player suited to us

Barisic either gets forward to shell in one from his left foot - of variable consistency. Or, if a man blocks his way, he’ll turn and knock it back to the centre back. Yilmaz is no where near fully fit, but has much more variation to his play, more comfortable on the ball, has more pace and can start moves even when getting closed down.
His first start for the first team and while he was understandably quiet, it’s hardly surprising. Once he builds his match fitness and can maintain it, he’ll become the player he was becoming just before his injury.

I like the fact he's not a one trick pony, puts in a decent cross but is also happy to cut inside on his right, sick of seeing the Borna spin around and back-pass when the cross isn't on tbh.

Bornas time is up mate. He’s been in that team that’s consistently shat the bed against that lot and won us nothing for years. He can cross a ball but has a weak mentality. It’s time for some fresh blood and winners in the team
Just needs to shave his head and he'd be back at it.

So you're basing on it on less than 180 minutes? Wow.

What was your opinion of Borna's first season out of interest?
he was hit and go but you could see the player in there and still putting in great balls

Bornas time is up mate. He’s been in that team that’s consistently shat the bed against that lot and won us nothing for years. He can cross a ball but has a weak mentality. It’s time for some fresh blood and winners in the team
What tells you Ridvan is a winner exactly?

Borna’s stats would suggest he’s not the problem.

Don't think he can be at fault for 1st goal - he's higher than rest of back 4 and it's goldson that plays the fella onside.

Didn't push as high up the park as I'd have expected but that could have been tactical and not a criticism.
It’s his man that gets the cross in, of course he’s at fault!

Ive just said he’s not for me….

That makes me a fooking idiot ha ha

Ok lets see how he gets on after a 20 game run mate and get back to me i’ll be the first to say i was wrong
You can’t call that after the equivalent of 2/3 games, unless you’re either mental or a world class scout.

I think the 20 game mark is a decent shout, needs a consistent run and then we can all see what he’s about.

Barisic has been a fantastic player for us. Not being a "massive" upgrade after 1 game, on a regular Croatian international isn't a disaster.

We can judge Ridvan Yilmaz after he has played 30 or 40 games for us, not after 1 start after 5 months out injured.

You can’t call that after the equivalent of 2/3 games, unless you’re either mental or a world class scout.

I think the 20 game mark is a decent shout, needs a consistent run and then we can all see what he’s about.
I haven’t called anything

All ive said is he’s not for me just my opinion

he hasn’t settled well, he hasn’t impressed me when he’s had game time, he doesn’t look suited to scottish football or Rangers

As i said happy to be proved wrong

I dont know why some people get so worked up over an opinion it’s not like I said he was shite or slated him

Grow up

Had a pretty quiet game, caught way out of position for the first goal but apart from that did ok.

Didn't think he had a bad game or an amazing game, but very different to the usual overlaps we get from Borna.

What did everyone else think?
Will be gone in the summer, won’t fit into Beales tactics as he naturally wants to go inside and hit the same spots that the three attacking midfielders now inherit, a gio signing that fitted into his philosophy of two wide wingers giving the boy space to go inside.
quite simply an asset worth £3 million that we now need to change his game to fit into our style of play, with our limited financial resources he will be sold to fund layers that fit the managers tactics

Needs time. Not fair to judge him on today, also not fair to blame him for their first goal,

I do have concerns re his delivery. Need to see better.

He will get a lot of attention in the spl as a result of height. Will be targeted.

Hopefully will cope with that.

Definitely a work in progress. I don’t see anything that suggests he is light years ahead of BB

He usually does get slaughtered.
No matter how good, or bad, he plays.
And even if he chips in with odd beaut!

You can set your watch by it!
shows how good we have some players if anything then

same with tav is anyone else scoring that freekick gets a rave review
but all in all he was hit and miss and should have cleared there goal

yilmaz has to get bornas shirt imo if it wasnt for baby borna he would still be playing probably

Back