Thrashing a team 0-1

jaws73

Official Ticketer
It's a very rare occurrence but it does happen.

That is exactly what happened today.

Under most circumstances I would fear for us after a result like that but I've come away from watching that mightily encouraged.

It won't happen again on Thursday (EL Knock out stages here we come) and it has given me a lot of confidence that we can take the League title (wierdly enough I am so much more positive than I was at 9.45pm on Wednesday evening).

Last edited:

Under most circumstances I would fear for us after a result like that but I've come away from watching that mightily encouraged.

It won't happen again on Thursday (EL Knock out stages here we come) and it has given me a lot of confidence that we can take the League title (wierdly enough I am so much more positive than I was at 9.45pm on Wednesday evening).
Strangely I feel the same. I’m gutted to lose but I’m encouraged at how much we dominated them.

I can remember watching us play Macari, Burns, Brady, Barnes, Venglos, Dalglish, Mowbray, etc. and no matter how much they battered us I just knew we would win. Today made me think of the reverse. It was gut wrenching and fuckin hard watching

TBH this has happened a few times over the last 18 months so it’s certainly not unique to today. Twice against Hibs last season we absolutely ran over the top of them for 90 minutes and only came away with 2 points out of a possible 6.

Seen a stat last December as well that we had over 65 shots on goal against Hibs, Hamilton and the yahoos in the space of only a couple of weeks yet only scored 2 goals from that.

We’ve really failed to address bringing in a younger secondary striker to take the strain off Morelos.

I couldn't agree more.
I am hugely disappointed at losing a game I believe we should have won and won comfortably, but when I look back on events, I can rationalise much of it and compare that with my experience of watching football.
I have seen games like that before, especially in cup matches.
I have seen goalkeepers have games like that, and I have seen teams have games like that in front of goal.

Sadly, I am now becoming accustomed to officials having games like that when Rangers are concerned, but that is a different story.

Rangers dominated that match from start to finish and opened up the Filth defence on more occasions than I can count or remember.
Our goalkeeper never had to make a single save bar from a breakaway where he put their player off and the target was missed.
Their goal was offside and should not have counted.

Football-wise, we just looked much better than them and if they were missing any players, so what, we were missing our playmaker and most experienced influence for this type of match.

All of our players acquitted themselves well and we should take a lot of positives from this match.

90 minutes in a cup final against Celtic and the opposition only has two efforts on goal (one including the off-side winning goal). A lot of people are comaparing Celtic's performance akin to some Wattie efforts with Goram in goal but none of those were anywhere near as one sided as this encounter.

Last edited:
On today's team performance, they will have to, because they were shown up today, big time.

If they don't spend, we will horse them again, and maybe get a few breaks next time.

When exactly have we horsed them? We’ve played them twice, lost twice and not even scored a goal?! Not to mention one of these games was at Ibrox!

I used to listen to this pish all through the 90s from scum fans and I just laughed at them. Used to make it even sweeter when they should have taken something from the game but we beat them anyway

The shoe is truly on the other foot at the moment.
not for much longer 55 will be all the sweeter at the end of this season

Please stop giving them credit, they won today because the linesman shat himself to make a call.

Disagree, we lost because after the missed penalty our players were beat. They didn’t believe they could win. The game could have just finished the second that was missed. Although the disgraceful refereeing didn’t help. Club still won’t call it out tho.

Not what your post actually said was it?

What team outplayed the other by a large margin today?, they were not at the races, but scored an offside goal.

Fact.

Playing well is absolutely irrelevant if you don’t win.

And the fact they weren’t at the races and still won is the point. They don’t even need to play well and we still can’t beat them.

Disagree, we lost because after the missed penalty our players were beat. They didn’t believe they could win. The game could have just finished the second that was missed. Although the disgraceful refereeing didn’t help. Club still won’t call it out tho.

Disagree all you like and have opinions on our performance all you like.

We lost because they were awarded a goal that should never have stood because of the linesman shitting it, that is for once an actual fact.

The game is completely different if they do not score.

We’re in a different place from a Burns’s team. They were pretty much equal to us and couldn’t win. We are on the way up and will add more quality.

Playing well is absolutely irrelevant if you don’t win.

And the fact they weren’t at the races and still won is the point. They don’t even need to play well and we still can’t beat them.
It is relevant though, playing well usually means you will win more games than you lose.

We play like that against them every time, they won't always get that lucky.

You’re right mate.

We’ll do them on the 29th something rotten.

Disagree all you like and have opinions on our performance all you like.

We lost because they were awarded a goal that should never have stood because of the linesman shitting it, that is for once an actual fact.

The game is completely different if they do not score.

I’d say we lost because we couldn’t score a goal which included missing a penalty.

Their goal was offside tho, you’re right

I
We’re in a different place from a Burns’s team. They were pretty much equal to us and couldn’t win. We are on the way up and will add more quality.
Burns had a good team but we were always a little better IMO. Players like Goram, Gough and Laudrup made the difference at key moments.

It's different times now. But today showed we've pretty much closed the gap of the last seven years. We just need to go one step further.

I've been going to these games for 40 years and can't recall a game that we dominated like this and lost. Our boys desire could not be questioned here but they must just put it down to a bad luck and move on. The message e has got to be " We have got their measure keep playing like this and we will beat them" Gutted but encouraged at the same time.

How does the game change if they don't score?

That lot not having a lead to hold onto makes a massive difference.

It does but we’ll never know. All I know is they got a dodgy goal and we couldn’t respond. They also played the last 25 minutes with 10 men and we still couldn’t score. It just reinforces to me that we have too many players who don’t really believe they can beat them.

It does but we’ll never know. All I know is they got a dodgy goal and we couldn’t respond. They also played the last 25 minutes with 10 men and we still couldn’t score. It just reinforces to me that we have too many players who don’t really believe they can beat them.

Name the players.

Take your pick. The only two with any experience of beating them when it counts is Shagger and Davis.

Please don't divert it back to me, you stated it.

Name the players that reinforce it to you that believe we can't beat them.

It's a fecking ludicrous statement to make, so back it up.

Please don't divert it back to me, you stated it.

Name the players that reinforce it to you that believe we can't beat them.

It's a fecking ludicrous statement to make, so back it up.

I’d say you clutching at straws despite all the evidence from the last few seasons is what’s ludicrous. Your head is buried deep in the sand.

I think there are a number of players, such as Tav and Goldson and Aribo, who are psychologically weak and don’t have what it takes to beat them when it really matters. This was also on display against the sheep when they shat the bed (not for the first time either).

Goldstone and Helander are wasteing far too many chances from set pieces,corners etc this was a factor today

I’d say you clutching at straws despite all the evidence from the last few seasons is what’s ludicrous. Your head is buried deep in the sand.

I think there are a number of players, such as Tav and Goldson and Aribo, who are psychologically weak and don’t have what it takes to beat them when it really matters. This was also on display against the sheep when they shat the bed (not for the first time either).

No idea how to respond to that shite to be honest.

I

Burns had a good team but we were always a little better IMO. Players like Goram, Gough and Laudrup made the difference at key moments.

It's different times now. But today showed we've pretty much closed the gap of the last seven years. We just need to go one step further.
We’ve been saying we need a few quality players for a couple of seasons now. I think we’re at the stage where if we get the right ones, a few quality players really will make the difference.
Hopefully the investment is coming at the right time to spend on quality.

Back