Thread About Celtic on Millwall Forum

You do know there is a lot of bead rattlers in Barnsley my friend,maybe they also knew.
Really? There were only 2 in my school. I honestly couldn't tell you any Catholic schools in Barnsley, tho there will be some.
Mick McCarthy is a far a I know the most famous one!
Watched last years final game against them in Chennels in Barnsley and there was only one person cheered when he thought they had scored their disallowed goal. Whole pub just about cheered when the Gers scored!

Got mixed feelings bout Millwall.

Half time a bunch of Millwall lads went half way round the top tier of Wembley to attack Barnsley fans who included women and kids!

I have difficulty reconciling the two events!

Anyway, like their views on Celtic mind!

Erm that’s a slight rewriting of events. There were no Barnsley in top tier in first half. You can check YouTube. Of course when the Millwall supporters were attacked they were quickly reinforced. Having said that I wished dickheads, from whatever club, who instigate violence would just keep away from football. They are normally bullies looking for a comeuppance

Remember being in Turkey in the 90's speaking to a guy from Bolton who said Celtc were his favourite team, why, 'cause he was Catholic'. Imagine that'll be the same with most of the devils disciples down there in Englandshire.

We need to be careful in the long term as I can see a day where the SNP realise they will need some of the Rangers support onside to get an independence vote over the line. So they might start being nice to us at some point to entice us more to their viewpoint.
Robert Brown represents the Liberal Democrats and did/does a power of work for Rutherglen. Was a very approachable councillor. Rutherglen used to be stanch Tory up until about the late sixties but as is always the case, once the tims from Glasgow were allowed to get council houses Labour gradually took over & I think that's been the story ever since

Erm that’s a slight rewriting of events. There were no Barnsley in top tier in first half. You can check YouTube. Of course when the Millwall supporters were attacked they were quickly reinforced. Having said that I wished dickheads, from whatever club, who instigate violence would just keep away from football. They are normally bullies looking for a comeuppance
I like how you edited the first bit of my post praising Millwall fans! Don't need to check you tube. Millwall had fans behind the goal, Barnsley fans were up to the half way line and Millwall came half way round the the ground to get at them. Why? I don't get it.

I didn’t
I like how you edited the first bit of my post praising Millwall fans! Don't need to check you tube. Millwall had fans behind the goal, Barnsley fans were up to the half way line and Millwall came half way round the the ground to get at them. Why? I don't get it.
I didn’t edit your post to twist the argument, just for brevity. All clubs have yobs and Millwall are no different. In the third tier there were no Barnsley supporters during the first half and only a few hundred Millwall. The retaliation came from Millwall supporters who had been in lower tiers and who welcomed the chance of a ruck.
I know from personal experience that Millwall have their share of yobs but that the mention of Rangers was a get-out-of-jail-free card.

Don’t worry, London Bears waste no opportunity to educate people down here on that vile institution. As for Millwall, the South London RSC is based deep in the heart of Bermondsey and its members are spreading the good word in that part of the world.

The beasts have nowhere to hide.
Where..? I thought you were in Carshalton..?

Where..? I thought you were in Carshalton..?
The Surrey True Blues used to be based in Carshalton but now use the Dice Bar in Croydon as a base. I’m a member of RFCSA London: we use the Green Man in Islington for games and The Horseshoe in Farringdon for branch meetings. The South London RSC use the Stanley Arms in Bermondsey as their base. The Rangers family in London is healthy and growing.

The Surrey True Blues used to be based in Carshalton but now use the Dice Bar in Croydon as a base. I’m a member of RFCSA London: we use the Green Man in Islington for games and The Horseshoe in Farringdon for branch meetings. The South London RSC use the Stanley Arms in Bermondsey as their base. The Rangers family in London is healthy and growing.
Agreed. Living in Croydon, the Dice Bar is a blessing (pls pardon the pun).

apart from the scousers id say they all hate them
A year or so ago, as it was late, I was asked to go and pick six Scousers up in the limo.
As soon as they got in, pissed, they were on me! What team do you support? Never waited for an answer and one said "it better be Gers or you are getting it"
When I said "of course it is" and put on my Gers baseball cap I have with me most of the time, they burst into choruses of all our songs. I queried this and they said " Liverpool F. C", were always the "British (protestant) side but have, because of their success in the eighties / nineties been infiltrated by any 'glory hunting fuckers'. They knew as many, if not more proper songs than I did! As I was pulling out my ticket from my wallet to prove myself, I nearly smashed the limo into a parked car.
I promise, they were older DIE HARD fuckers like our older guys used to be.
Sadly the pc brigade seem to be winning the war against us.

No but he is only half the man he used to be.....

url=https://postimg.cc/PLbcnQ4B]
24-FFAA13-BAC2-4-EC4-8-EC6-0-FFCE5-E0-A10-E.jpg
[/url]

I sang on the karaoke with the big man in the Louden after 9 in a row. He knew all the words... True story!

OK bud, thanks.

I'm in Lewisham. I'll try and get along to the Stanley from time-to-time.

You say you use the Green Man for matches, does that mean you don't use the Stanley for matches..?

Cardiff from what I've seen have a love in with that mob. Must be a political divide between Cardiff and Swansea.
Also the same cardiff fans that lick their arses also happen to be welsh independence supporters. Funny that.

No, they really don’t have a “love in with that mob”. Obviously there’s a big rivalry between Cardiff and Swansea but neither of them have a particular empathy for either Rangers or C****c. I’ve been to Cardiff City many times and can assure you that for every Bluebird who prefers them, you’ll find another who prefers us. They really couldn’t give a damn overall.

Remember being in Turkey in the 90's speaking to a guy from Bolton who said Celtc were his favourite team, why, 'cause he was Catholic'. Imagine that'll be the same with most of the devils disciples down there in Englandshire.
Most English Catholics don't buy inti that shite. The guy in question may have had Scottish parentage. I lived in London for 30 years, my kids went to the Catholic school and it was night and day compared to Scotland.

No, they really don’t have a “love in with that mob”. Obviously there’s a big rivalry between Cardiff and Swansea but neither of them have a particular empathy for either Rangers or C****c. I’ve been to Cardiff City many times and can assure you that for every Bluebird who prefers them, you’ll find another who prefers us. They really couldn’t give a damn overall.

This is true of England in general. You’ll find the odd person who likes celtic for religious reasons, but these people almost always have their own club anyway. Joey Barton for example, they tried telling us he was a celtic fan because he said so in one tweet, but it’s quite clear his first team is and always has been Everton.

Celtic might be scary little poodlef*ckers in Scotland but here in England they’re nothing. That clubs potential is being utterly wasted in Scotland and that’s been one of the sole comforts I’ve had during these dark days.

Really? There were only 2 in my school. I honestly couldn't tell you any Catholic schools in Barnsley, tho there will be some.
Mick McCarthy is a far a I know the most famous one!
Watched last years final game against them in Chennels in Barnsley and there was only one person cheered when he thought they had scored their disallowed goal. Whole pub just about cheered when the Gers scored!

There used to be a poster on the Secret Leeds forums called TykeBhoy or something. That always stuck in my craw.

Fries my skull when you find English people who prefer Celtic. They have no concept of the fact they are complete anti-english, anti-british scumbags. They are typically wee guys who love the celtic fanbase's "please love us shite" though.

Living in Yorkshire I can tell you its always 'hipster' types that prefer Celtic. The type of people who also do Bundesliga Fantasy Football Leagues and like Dortmund's "philosophy".

I'd also caveat that, whilst mentally challengeds have always been desperate to be loved, we seem to also increasingly fret about how we're perceived by others. It goes without saying that 99% of people south of the border don't care either way.

You talk about "anti-British" sentiment of Celtic like that would somehow be universally condemned south of the border. The reality is society is far more complex. On this forum most people view Scottish nationalism with distain ( and rightly so in my opinion). But so far as I can see English nationalism is on the rise and is even more perilous to the Union. A lot of football fans subscribe to that ideology now and whether you wave a Union flag or a tricolour is neither here nor there to those types.

near all the fans I have spoken too down here prefer us to them if they had to choose. In fact the only time I have heard anyone like them they have not been football fans. Just ordinary folk that could not tell you what their ground is even called. I am proud to say this part of the world in football circles know what type of football club they are. Know what their fans really represent and would not want them anywhere near their teams stadium. As for Barnsley, like bradford, leeds et al they all know about their IRA connections and that part of the country stands stong against such. You will always get an exception mind, we even have 1 in Harrogate. Manky wee bastard.

Last edited:
Tyke may be a general ref to Yorkshire and maybe not Barnsley.
I can see why some Barnsley fans may lean towards Celtic because of players that have gone from/to Celtic. Ronnie Glavin, Mick McCarthy and Owen Archdeacon.
I'm not one of them!
Where do you watch the games mate? I am living 10 minutes from Barnsley these days and have had no real luck finding a club etc

I watched an interview with Frank Skinner he of the three lions fame years ago a W.B.A. fan if I remember correctly,In the interview he said he also supported the Fhilth as we was a Roman Catholic and his father told him if he didn't he wouldn't go to heaven.

I watched an interview with Frank Skinner he of the three lions fame years ago a W.B.A. fan if I remember correctly,In the interview he said he also supported the Fhilth as we was a Roman Catholic and his father told him if he didn't he wouldn't go to heaven.
That doesn't surprise me about Skinner, he is indeed a rattler and one of those ones that seems to feel the need to go on about it all the time.

Tyke may be a general ref to Yorkshire and maybe not Barnsley.
I can see why some Barnsley fans may lean towards Celtic because of players that have gone from/to Celtic. Ronnie Glavin, Mick McCarthy and Owen Archdeacon.
I'm not one of them!

You're probably right. Its just I've in Leeds for half my life, and only ever heard it associated with South Yorkshire types. Like the word "dingle".

Where do you watch the games mate? I am living 10 minutes from Barnsley these days and have had no real luck finding a club etc
I've lived in Leeds since I got married, so don't often watch the games in Barnsley, tho when I have it's been in either Courthouse or Chennells. Chennells probably best bet has it has quite a few TVs that can put different games on.
I did get talking to a bloke from Hemsworth when Rangers played Sheffield Wed and he said Hemsworth Rugby Club to watch games, although I never went.

Latest posts

Back