Three big games this weekend none on tv

Honestly think Sky are looking to bin Scottish football at some point in the future and are showing low rated crap like Aberdeen vs St Mirren to validate that decision.

Utterly pointless and a waste of resources from Sky showing any game that doesn't involve either Rangers or Celtic.

Eh ?​

The UK will host the 26th UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26) in Glasgow on 31 October – 12 November 2021.​

Waste of time in my opinion the biggest polluters do nothing China and India, Indonesia etc.,and the others pay, get them on board first and it's worthwhile doing.

I’m surprised Motherwell vs Celtic isn’t on the tv. Would be disappointed if that was a match involving Rangers that wasn’t on live.

I’m surprised Motherwell vs Celtic isn’t on the tv. Would be disappointed if that was a match involving Rangers that wasn’t on live.
Scheduling of the game which had to be today as Celtic are playing Tuesday and Sky's own scheduling

At the time of Sky's selections their game wasn't confirmed for the Tuesday either

Last edited:

I would be more disappointed with us being involved in a mid-table match in the middle of October personally but each to their own.

Been a long time since almost all of our away games weren't televised, what's so different about this season?

Been a long time since almost all of our away games weren't televised, what's so different about this season?
Was the same last season as well a small of games weren't shown from both of us

Sky have upto 48 games as per contract down from 60 games on the shared contract with BT Sport

Then you look at the scheduling of the game and fitting into Sky's schedule around other contracts they have like the EFL as both are shown on Sky Sports Football with a simulcast on Sky Sports Main Event, for our games it has has only be those 2 channels

Also this season has the Edinburgh and Dundee Derbies

There would be fewer key matches.

Sky are only interested in the old fir games for audiences outside of Scotland and for showing as many Rangers and Celtic games as possible for Rangers and Celtic fans. There's an interest for Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs etc fans to watch their team, but that isnt going to do much for subscription numbers. The TV deal is essentially Rangers v Celtic for a UK-wide audience who still look at the old firm as a grotesque spectacle and Rangers and Celtic games for OF fans who are willing to subscribe to watch their team play away games.

Losing 2 old firm games to add Rangers v Caley Thistle or Celtic v Dunfermline is of absolutely no interest to Sky. That doesnt mean that we shouldn't look at reconstruction anyway as less repetition could well benefit our game. But it would be a move that Sky would oppose.

Sky don't have any authority to oppose.

In my opinion playing them 4+ times a season dilutes the event.

We'd also be removing two games a year against the likes of Dundee, St Johnstone etc. and it'll open the possibility for another challenge for the title which brings viewers.

The game has been stale for as long as I've been alive.

Back