Three Little Birds

Kingsparkger

Remember we started playing this at Ibrox when we went into Administration?

It kept our spirits up a little bit but as we all know, every little thing wasn’t going to be alright for a long time...

Just heard it played again this morning and had a big smile on my face for the duration, definitely a song for the 55 playlist.

Remember we started playing this at Ibrox when we went into Administration?

It kept our spirits up a little bit but as we all know, every little thing wasn’t going to be alright for a long time...

Just heard it played again this morning and had a big smile on my face for the duration, definitely a song for the 55 playlist.
My son played it in The Louden for the first game after admin and the fans loved
Stole it off Ajax

I've always associated that song with the rat spivs and I felt they were ripping the piss out of us when it was played at Ibrox.
I feel better now that it was introduced by a Rangers man:)

Reminds me of the spivs I'm afraid

At the time we has so much still to worry about especially those stealing and robbing us blind.

I understand some like it. Its not for me.

Would have been more apt after the spivs were chased or Ge55ard appointed.

Wasn`t it also played before kick off inside the stadium first game in division 3 ?
My memory was the game v East Fife(7th August 2012) in the League Cup. The initial stories on here were doom and gloom and there were only ~20k tickets had been sold. As the Tuesday evening approached the number started to climb however only into the 30ks. Some of the stands were not going to be opened including the Club Deck although the Club decided to offer pay at the gate for the Copland Rear IIRC.

I decided to take the wee fella, who was still primary school age although it was still a holiday, and expected a pretty sparse Ibrox. A memory which will stick with me forever was the approach to the ground driving along PRW and the sight of masses of bears heading towards the stadium. We got into BR1 around 7:15pm however as the kick off time approached there were still fans coming into the ground. 7:45pm arrived and still no sign of the teams. The Copland Rear had filled and the decision must have been made to open the Club Deck as the rest of the ground was almost full.

The pre-match was superb with BF1 leading the singalong as Three Little Birds blasted out.

The game eventually kicked off around 20-30 minutes late and I reckoned we must have ended up with 45k inside the stadium that night even though it was only 38k attendance declared!! Suppose a tidy cash-in-hand for someone eh!!

Nonetheless what a sight and feeling of being part of something special that night, where the Rangers Support turned up to watch their team play their first home game on the journey back, something that so many or our enemies and doubters said wouldn't happen!!

And now look at us B-)

It reminds me of administration and games of hope.

I try and stay clear of it over past few years as believe once take over we were onto a new stage.

Now we are all about 'live it up' and DJ cammy :D

Reminds me of the spivs I'm afraid

At the time we has so much still to worry about especially those stealing and robbing us blind.

I understand some like it. Its not for me.

Would have been more apt after the spivs were chased or Ge55ard appointed.
I suppose it depends on the context you heard it at first.

I was in the Louden KP before the match as a semi regular attendee to games alongside some friends who hadn't seen a game in years. The mood was sombre as expected, 4 days after we went into Admin, not knowing half the story people were worried and concerned, clueless to what Spivery was afoot.

The game itself wasn't important, it was all about the display of who we were. Then the song started, it's tone seemed to resonate with the defiance we were showing, 50k plus of all ages gathered to show the world we would not run, hide or die. We are Rangers and we are going nowhere.
There wasn't a dry eye in the house and it was sung as loud as any Rangers song would have been.

"Don't worry about a thing
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right"

In 4 points time, everything will be alright, mission accomplished.

In 4 points time

Back