Three year deal agreed with Scott Wright, talks to open with Aberdeen over switch now -DailyRecord

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDC bear forever

Rangers are expected to confirm the pre-contract signing of Aberdeen’s Scott Wright.

The league leaders, who are also close to signing similar deals with Bournemouth pair Jack Simpson and Nnamdi Ofoborh, have thrashed out a three-year deal that will see the attacking midfielder move to Ibrox in the summer.

Steven Gerrard’s side are then expected to re-open talks with the Dons to get an immediate deal done before Monday’s transfer deadline.

There has been talk of a player swap, including Rangers winger Jordan Jones, while Aberdeen are also due to pay a £350,000 fee for Ross McCrorie in the summer, so either or both of these could come into the equation.

Rangers are set to clinch deals for defender Simpson and midfielder Ofoborh, although they look to get players out first.
George Edmundson and Jones could both go out on-loan, although the big defender’s prospect could depend on how his rehabilitation, after minor groin surgery, goes over the next week or so.
The Light Blues are also watching KV Oostende frontman Fashion Sakala, who is also a free agent in the summer.

People will jump down my throat here because you're not allowed to say anything deemed as negative just now but hopefully these deals are just for the future and we will be buying quality in the summer as i don't see how Wright and the lads from Bournemouth take us to the next level, we will need some quality for the CL.

Last edited:
People will jump down my throat here because your not allowed to say anything deemed as negative just now but hopefully these deals are just for the future and we will be buying quality in the summer as i don't see how Wright and the lads from Bournemouth take us to the next level, we will need some quality for the CL.
Let’s see how they react to the guidance of Gerrard, Beale and co.

People will jump down my throat here because your not allowed to say anything deemed as negative just now but hopefully these deals are just for the future and we will be buying quality in the summer as i don't see how Wright and the lads from Bournemouth take us to the next level, we will need some quality for the CL.
Don’t disagree with what you are saying, but due to the huge financial hit the club will have taken I reckon we have two options for next season

1- try and improve the level of ‘squad players’ and hope to tie down our main players on longer contracts

2) sell one or two of our assets and try and sign some starting 11 players with the cash

A betting man would say Wright will be here after the Hiv’s game, no games at the weekend so perfect time to get involved.

Aberdeen are getting McCrorie for the same as we paid for Hastie?
I’d imagine we have significant add ons/sell on in that deal, similar to Docherty, Grezda, Dallas et al.

But yes, Hastie’s development comp worked out at £350K so I’d expect Wright to be a similar amount.

Surely if the they owe us £350,000 for McCrorie then take £200,000 (being generous) off the price to get wright in just now . No need to add jones to any deal or am I wrong
Lose 200k from the McCrorie deal to bring someone in that we aren't in desperate need of at the moment. 50k and no more, sheep are in no position to turn down cash

Jones would be a very good signing for them. No-brainer for us to move him on in return for a young, promising winger though.
I would say a loan so he can’t face us but given we’ve already played three times it’s probably irrelevant. I also expect the league to be done by the time we do

Reactions: o7o
Aberdeen are getting McCrorie for the same as we paid for Hastie?
No idea mate. I do know that was roughly what we paid in a Dev Fee for Hastie though. Whether a Tribunal would have come up with that figure or not I don’t know but the business with Motherwell, was, apparently, concluded in a friendly and businesslike manner and that was what we paid.

What have you saw of these 3 players to come to that conclusion?

Or is it solely based on because you've not heard of them?

Lose 200k from the McCrorie deal to bring someone in that we aren't in desperate need of at the moment. 50k and no more, sheep are in no position to turn down cash
They’d be due between £250-350k in comp anyway, need to find middle ground because I’m sure they don’t want an unhappy player.

I really don't understand why people expect us to sign players like Roofe and Kent every single time

Were you as unimpressed with "that full back from Leicester youth" or "that Sunderland keeper" when they signed? Cos they've gone on to become valuable squad members if you didn't notice - its a squad game

We can't afford that kind of "quality" at this point in the season (as its been said many times now, we are going to have to sell before we can buy from here on out), and deals like that rarely happen in Jan anyway

We are getting bargains here that will pad out the squad very well, there's really nothing to complain about, if they flop then its fine coz they were a only cheap punt

People will jump down my throat here because you're not allowed to say anything deemed as negative just now but hopefully these deals are just for the future and we will be buying quality in the summer as i don't see how Wright and the lads from Bournemouth take us to the next level, we will need some quality for the CL.
How did you feel about the Kamara signing a couple of years ago?

How would you measure how Ryan Jack and Conner Goldson have fared since coming to us?

There is no doubt about it, our management team make players better.

One has played one professional game of football and they are youth players like i said i hope they are for the future and we still get some quality in, im not saying our coaching team wont turn them into good players. Do you believe they take us to the next level?

Getting Jones, Stewart, Barker, Edmundson if fit , out on loan to strengthen other SPFL teams or using them to make weight part of any deals would make sense. Someone on here saying Middleton going to ST Johnstone on loan is good business.

Jesus Christ.

I understand where you’re coming from mate but the real quality players that are on our list would probably only be available in the summer. If these our only signings with a day left of the summer window then your point will certainly be valid.

One has played one professional game of football and they are youth players like i said i hope they are for the future and we still get some quality in, im not saying our coaching team wont turn them into good players. Do you believe they take us to the next level?

One is 24, one is 23 with circa 80 games at SPL & Scotland youth, & one is 21 with circa 30 games at the same level we signed Aribo from????

Im pretty sure the management team who got us 14 points from a Europa League group and 23 points clear in the league have it covered.

I really don't understand why people expect us to sign players like Roofe and Kent every single time

Were you as unimpressed with "that full back from Leicester youth" or "that Sunderland keeper" when they signed? Cos they've gone on to become valuable squad members if you didn't notice - its a squad game

We can't afford that kind of "quality" at this point in the season (as its been said many times now, we are going to have to sell before we can buy from here on out), and deals like that rarely happen in Jan anyway

We are getting bargains here that will pad out the squad very well, there's really nothing to complain about, if they flop then its fine coz they were a only cheap punt

Dont understand people like you when someone says something about players we are signing they get all defensive, i didnt even say they were crap or anything near it. If you read my original post i said i hope they are for the future but we need some quality for the CL, do you disagree?

Joe Aribo came from Charlton, a couple of levels below Bournemouth at the time. He is doing ok, I suppose!!!

Get your point mate, but i see these deals as great business on little or no fees. We will spend money in the summer too. Were building the squad and resplacing squad players like Jones, Stewart, and Barker.

Surely if the they owe us £350,000 for McCrorie then take £200,000 (being generous) off the price to get wright in just now . No need to add jones to any deal or am I wrong ?

They need to work out if it is good for them to lose the player. Could he be a difference in placings? Meaning more money.

I hope he will come now though and think he will.

Get your point mate, but i see these deals as great business on little or no fees. We will spend money in the summer too. Were building the squad and resplacing squad players like Jones, Stewart, and Barker.
Agreed, and i think we need some quality as well for the CL if we want to try have a good shot at it, thats was all i was saying i dont understand why we cant discuss these things is that not the point of these boards.

What were your thoughts when we signed Kamara?

Look at it this way Wright replaces Jones/Stewart.
The midfielder from Bournemouth will probably replace Zungu in the summer and the defender from Bournemouth replaces Edmunson.
We will add quality to tbe squad in the summer but it will probably involve selling 1 or 2 key assets.

Surely if the they owe us £350,000 for McCrorie then take £200,000 (being generous) off the price to get wright in just now . No need to add jones to any deal or am I wrong ?

I’d quite happily loan them as many fringe players as they want in their push for second place...don’t they still have 2 games left against the mentally challengeds?

I believe in our signing and coaching strategy just now tbh.

I've not seen enough of them but I've saw guys like goldson Kamara tav jack who 2 years ago I'd have said they are not CL quality, fast forward 2 years these guys are putting in CL performance levels in europe and league consistantly.

These boys are more likely for future as opposed to starting 11s for next season but Gerrard will strike a good balance of youth and experience imo.

Not even when you see the impact Aribo has made coming in or signings like Kamara for £50,000?

I have to say I don’t know much about this player at all. When we sign him he will get my backing. Hope he becomes a really good player for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back