Thumbheid Kicks Flare Into Crowd After Paedo Chants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see he has been charged by the police but ridiculous that he hasn't been charged by the football authorities and probably not even be fined by his club.

Good to see he has been charged by the police but ridiculous that he hasn't been charged by the football authorities and probably not even be fined by his club.
The SFA will have been waiting and hoping the Cops did nowt, thus allowing them to give him a pass. They may yet but theres pressure on them now to act given the decision already taken about the charge.

Generally speaking the SFA, aptly named, dont want to do anything that requires actual effort and certainly not against a professional victim like Griffiths. Hopefully theyll now be forced into action.

Rare times indeed.

What makes this worse is the club attempting to downplay an obvious offence by one of their employees on opposition fans inside their stadium.

If Dundee aren't serious about fan welfare then questions surely must be asked about the validity of their safety certificate.

He never mentioned abusive chants in his “apology” as that would have demonstrated malice in what he did, so he’ll be hard pushed to bring it up now.
Looks like Dundee FC’s glib and mendacious statement, quoting thumbheid, has kind of boxed him into a corner.
“I was only trying to clear it off the pitch and get the game restarted”
He wasn’t retaliating to abusive and disgraceful chants, or he would have said so, surely.
Delicious quandary Dundee FC have got themselves into, due to their own smartarse behaviour and inability to do the right thing.
Hell mend them.

Dundee messing up again.

"My client was subject to continuous verbal abuse..."

"Is that why he kicked the flare full force at fans, in anger?"

"No, he was clearing it off the pitch."

"So, what has the continuous verbal abuse got to do with anything?"...

I am possibly in the minority ,but I think he will definitely play against us tomorrow, the Dundee owner is a Sellik fan as is their manager,they will have the rhat fired up.
I am more concerned about an injury to one of our players,because being the ned thug he is ,I think he will try from the first minute to put the boot in.

What makes this worse is the club attempting to downplay an obvious offence by one of their employees on opposition fans inside their stadium.

If Dundee aren't serious about fan welfare then questions surely must be asked about the validity of their safety certificate.
That statement was a joke.

If this was a Dundee Utd fan lobbing a flare into the Dundee end during their derby they'd no doubt be in uproar and want the fan arrested. But because he's their player they pretend like it's not a big deal.

Excellent news two wrongs don't make a right. No one should throw things on the pitch, but to kick that back into a stand full of fans all of whom are innocent except the one who threw it, its complete and utter madness, he could have killed or badly maimed someone.

Throw the book at him.

Dundee have backed themselves into a corner with the statement they put out. What they should have done is fine him and suspend him internally to show that they don't condone that behaviour.

I still can't believe that they actually had the brass neck to release that statement! :oops:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Leigh Griffiths Crime
Sent: Friday, 24 September 2021 13:51
To: "compliance.officer@scottishfa. co. uk" <compliance.officer@scottishfa.co.uk>,"info@scottishfa co. uk" <info@scottishfa.co.uk>
CC:

It is a disgrace for Scottish football and our nation that SFA/Compliance action against Griffiths not taken before Police Scotland action today.

If this related to a Rangers player action would've been taken and that would have appeared in the corrupt & biased media within 12 hours - irrespective of the late evening time it took place.

No doubt, if you are required to answer to your failure, Covid will be cited.

You are a gross embarassment.

------- Original Message --------
Subject: Leigh Griffiths Actions Dundee v St Johnstone
Sent: Thursday, 23 September 2021 07:01
To: info@scottishfa.co.uk
CC:

Dear Sir or Madam

I call on the SFA to take action against the subject player for
endangering fans at subject fixture when he kicked a lighted
flare into the crowd. Video footage at link below.

I will also be informing Police Scotland of the above.

Regards
John

According to Peter Martin Griffiths should know better but he's apologised so we should all now move on. I suspect he wouldn't be quite so forgiving had Morelos launched a flare into the Celtic end.
Bang on, a pathetic response from pm but not unexpected, another celtic top heavy panel tonight Peter ?

Celtic Gordon Strachan somehow convinced Dundee Gordon Strachan that signing him was a good idea.
Gavin told Gordon, Leigh was great and hed be a role model for his grandkids in the Dundee youth team. Nepotism gone mad.

Dundee themselves obvs felt the ridiculous statement would full stop it all before any action were taken.

Err.. maybe not.

SMSM are a joke

This nonce and ned if the mhedia were impartial would be out of Scottish football but they have protected him for years and using the mental health tag as a means to justify his unprofessional and criminal behaviour

How many other incidents has this scumbag been involved in ?

- Done for racism.
- Alleged long term substance abuse and debts to drug dealers
- Dodgy driving antics.
- Videoing a single Mum (that was never fully investigated)
- Asking underage girls online for nude pictures
- Grandad and Cousin in jail for child sexual abuse and they ignored his online grooming

How the SFA/SPL have not acted is another disgrace but not unsurprising from them given he’s technically a Bheast FC player on loan at Dundee

All the social commentators can all take a flying fuk to themselves. Silence on this compared to all the shite written about Alfredo.

This was dangerous and could have had serious repercussions, but shite on a football park has them all in a circle wank.
Has that paragon of social justice Michael Stewart not made comment yet?
I hope griffiths plays tomorrow and is absolutely destroyed for 90 mins with abuse from us for his mobile activities.

Just noticed he took a curved and calculated run up to the flare as well. Like he was taking a free kick.
That was deliberate, with intent and he knew exactly what he was doing.
Of course he did.
As.I said if it was an accident he would have held up a hand in apology and waited to make sure the fans were ok.
This is what happens when they act for years with impunity.
Ame as their fans getting away with all sorts. Someone is going to get killed and then it'll be the usual..."oh how did this happen?". Years of inaction by PS and SfA / SPFL. All culpable.

Dundee have backed themselves into a corner with the statement they put out. What they should have done is fine him and suspend him internally to show that they don't condone that behaviour.

I still can't believe that they actually had the brass neck to release that statement! :oops:
A total disgrace of a “Statement” but no real surprise given their behaviour over the last couple of years. Genuine Dens fans must be wondering what the %^*& has became of their once fine club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back