Thursday nights suuport

RTD-BEAR

I think we as a support are going to have to help on Thurs they think weare going we break and collapse after Sunday.

We need to be up for it we need to support them we need to push them through this. We need to be defiant after what was a game that the officials have to them, along with a keeper performance that never happens again.

Yes we had chances yea we should have finished them but sometimes that happens as a team they gave everything for us on Sunday now we need to repay that that and lift them from start to finish on Thurs and Sunday.

No moaning and screaming at first missed pass or when under pressure but supporting as we truely can.

As a team they will either use this to fuel the fire to win the league going forward or they will collapse. But particular on Thurs and Sunday they need us to give them a push start back to our best.

I’ve no voice following Sunday....but will be there as ever on Thursday. If I’m entirely honest I don’t expect much, so hope that I’m wrong!

However they looked broken and I’m not sure there is the personalities within the playing staff to go out and prove a point.

Big test of the player's resolve but if they start at a high tempo then the crowd will get right behind them and drive us onto qualification. All we need is a good performance as the Young Boys will never have played in such an intimidating atmosphere.

Yes, I think the team are going to need us now. Genuinely felt for them on Sunday and despite what people say there is a danger it could affect them and we could crumble.

Get the point we need on Thursday and make sure we get to the end of the month no worse off in the league. Can't get beat at Parkhead.

Hopefully Ibrox is rocking and we can spur the team on to victory but Sunday is just one that I can‘t get over maybe it’s just a bit raw still. Until we manage to win a league title the failure and suffering is all we are used to.

I think there has to be a deafening chant of Alfredo Morelos on Thursday.
The wee man has given us so much this season, his head will no doubt be down but he responds to us and us to him, let’s get right behind him. Still our most valued asset and we have no chance of achieving anything this season without him.
still love him to bits.

I have avoided FF since Sunday for my own sanity but it appears that I am looking at things from an entirely different perspective - if it was a mentality issue Rangers would have crumbled like we have so many times against Celtic but we didn't we pounded them, Hamilton and Livi have been more competitive against us this year. Celtic got incredibly lucky - it happens now and again.

The reaction will be tremendous on Thursday, let's start the ball rolling with derrys walls and down out that UEFA dirge

Reactions: afr
I just can’t see how there can be a bad reaction, if we had been destroyed 4-0 I could understand the players thinking they have no chance in the league but the way we played they should be full of confidence and more determined than ever.
100% in agreement ,play as we did on Sunday we wont lose many over the rest of the season , have no fears for Thursday ,we will win with something to spare

I agree. But I also fear the usual unrest and howls of derision will surface after the 1st bad pass.

I think we all know the reaction if there’s a misplaced Goldson pass. Or a Tav miscontrol half way up the pitch leading to a counter.

Some “fans” seem to revel in abusing our own players calling them useless or not captain material, or whatever. It’s beyond frustrating how fickle and spoilt some of our own are.

I agree with the rallying cry though OP. I’m hoping for Ibrox to be rocking and our players to be right up for the occasion. They have nothing to be ashamed of after Sunday because they gave us all the heart and fight required to win the next 10 OF games.

For that reason alone they deserve our unreserved support on Thursday.

I just can’t see how there can be a bad reaction, if we had been destroyed 4-0 I could understand the players thinking they have no chance in the league but the way we played they should be full of confidence and more determined than ever.

This

If you think over the last 5 games against them there is only one game you can say that they were the better team. That was the game at Ibrox were we kind of all agree that Gerrard got his team selection and tactics wrong.

The 4 other games, 2 at Ibrox which we win and the game at the knewcamp were Tav sold the jerseys, and of course the game at the weekend. In these games we were by far the better team.

I think we have a great chance of winning the league this year as they are not as good as they and the mhedia make out.

I know this will be a very unpopular opinion but I would prefer we did not qualify on Thursday

Me personally would rather we were playing on the Saturday on the 2 league games while celic playing on the Sunday

If we start the game the way we did on Sunday then Ibrox will be rocking.

Not been feeling too well last couple of weeks but they can count on me being there and roaring the boys on. Too many years have passed since we were in the situation so let's get them over the line guys WATP.

If the players feels as flat as me, then we’re fu(ked.

I don’t even want to think about football yet.
That’s why they’re professionals

I’m the same as you though, couple of times today in my head I’ve almost had that buzz for Thursday and began to sing one of our songs in my head then I remember Sunday again and feel scunnered

Win every game between now and the break and it’s been a magnificent start to the season. 55 will be very much on. I dont see any issues with player or fan motivation - the opposite in fact, can’t wait to get going again.

It should be a given that we offer our full and vocal support at all times.

Sadly it isn't.

Correct. If we go out and get torn into them from the first whistle, as we did on Sunday, the crowd will be well up for it. An early goal from Alfie will bring the house down.

That's the spirit.
Wow you’re a piece of work.....quoting only part of my post and missing out the adjoining piece that says I hope I’m wrong.

Are you a Red Top journalist? If not maybe you’ve missed your calling!

I know this will be a very unpopular opinion but I would prefer we did not qualify on Thursday

Me personally would rather we were playing on the Saturday on the 2 league games while celic playing on the Sunday
It's a good point about playing on the Saturday and putting pressure on them for a Sunday game, but to me the benefits of two extra European games outweighs the negatives.

Last edited:
The usual Tav haters will be out in force around me unfortunately, no doubt he'll get the blame for Sunday and pelters for any cross he puts in thats not on the money!

I think you have to look beyond the downside of what might be a further two matches.
The benefits surely outright the additional games.
There is the financial benefit that can contribute towards new players, the lift the players will get to know they are good enough to be in the last 32, and to me the additional co-efficient points could benefit us for future seasons.
I might agree that if we were still in say in the last 16 and they were knocked out, that this might place an additional burden on our league efforts.

Back