Back Pages Thursday's Back Pages - 20 images

Watched a recording of last night's Sportscene with interest particularly the St Johnstone v St Boo game.

St Johnstone player, Callum Hendry, had to re-take his penalty as the ball had moved slightly before taking the kick. He had scored with the first but a re-take was ordered and he duly scored with the second.

Pundits discussing it and Thompson says, "there was another game recently where the ball had moved off the spot" but none of the "pundits" could remember which game it was but they could remember the kick wasn't re-taken.

We all know which game it was and we all know who the referee was.

Edit : I also noticed that the pundits didn't discuss the claim by Aberdeen for a penalty when O'Riley jumped into Ferguson and the commentator even mentioned that the bheast wasn't even looked at the ball when he jumped into Ferguson.

Stewart of course was right on message about the Rangers penalty "I'm not sure that's a penalty" despite Thompson saying that prior to the programme they had been looking at it many times.

Last edited:
I note Glass moaning about the winning goal. I have a wee bit of sympathy but then I thought if your club's board of directors is willing to back up all the initiatives that come from the east end of Glasgow then we, in this country, might see our football progress.
Until then we will be stuck with part-time cr@p referees, no VAR, cr@p competition sponsorship and a CEO of the SPFL getting £388,000 a year for sub-contracting his work to 3rd parties.

Whatever has the board of Aberdeen done with the results of that joint study carried out without including the OF clubs that informed us that the sponsorship of the SPFL is greatly undersold - FFS I could have told them that for nothing.

I said on another thread that if the SWF join up with the SPFL the women's game in Scotland will be finished as well.

Watched a recording of last night's Sportscene with interest particularly the St Johnstone v St Boo game.

St Johnstone player, Callum Hendry, had to re-take his penalty as the ball had moved slightly before taking the kick. He had scored with the first but a re-take was ordered and he duly scored with the second.

Pundits discussing it and Thompson says, "there was another game recently where the ball had moved off the spot" but none of the "pundits" could remember which game it was but they could remember the kick wasn't re-taken.

We all know which game it was and we all know who the referee was.

Edit : I also noticed that the pundits didn't discuss the claim by Aberdeen for a penalty when O'Riley jumped into Ferguson and the commentator even mentioned that the bheast wasn't even looked at the ball when he jumped into Ferguson.

Stewart of course was right on message about the Rangers penalty "I'm not sure that's a penalty" despite Thompson saying that prior to the programme they had been looking at it many times.
He didn't say that. He said he wasn't sure that there was a touch on the ball and Hibs could have no complaints over the decision.

Stewart is a fud but no need to make things up to highlight that fact.

LOL at David McCarthy describing Ibrox as 'Blizzard conditions'. More proof that the MSM just make stuff up.

He didn't say that. He said he wasn't sure that there was a touch on the ball and Hibs could have no complaints over the decision.

Stewart is a fud but no need to make things up to highlight that fact.
OKay so I may have paraphrased Stewart but I didn't make it up. from what I remember he definitely said the words "I don't know" whether that was in the context of getting a touch on the ball or conceding a penalty the two aren't mutually exclusive. If he wasn't sure if there was a touch on the ball then why would he also say "I can see why the referee gave it", I didn't make that bit up.

However you're right about the "fud" bit, he was concentrating on the touch on the ball bit but neglected to mention, as Richard Foster did, that McGinn had wiped out Kent. As I understand the rules you can play the ball but still give away a penalty if you have to go through your opponent to play the ball.

I was also correct in saying that Thompson did say they had been watching the incident all night.

Last edited:
Back