Thursdays game on RTV?

greggakd

Not up to purchase yet but hoping it will be available for those who don’t live nearby? I seem to remember last season getting every home game

Not up to purchase yet but hoping it will be available for those who don’t live nearby? I seem to remember last season getting every home game

It's an almost certainty that Thursday's game will be broadcast on RTV for viewers who's computer/tablet/whatever is showing a location that is not the UK or ROI.

Therefore, if you are not in the UK/ROI, fill your boots. If you are, get a VPN.

It's an almost certainty that Thursday's game will be broadcast on RTV for viewers who's computer/tablet/whatever is showing a location that is not the UK or ROI.

Therefore, if you are not in the UK/ROI, fill your boots. If you are, get a VPN.

I doubt you'll need a VPN. It's not going to be picked up by the UK broadcasters so surely they can legally sell it to UK viewers.

Last year home qualifiers were broadcast in UK also from RTV although think was PPV.

The game’s definitely not on Premier Sports, so RTV is the only realistic hope at this late stage.

See Premier have the Sheep on at 5pm Thursday, for those who subscribed for the month. That injury time away goal might come back to haunt them...I for one hope it does, coefficient points or not

Be nice if it were free for all subscribers. I don't expect it to be but if they expect people to pay £12 for the 2nd time in 4 days then, frankly, I'm out.

I don't think they expected anyone to pay £12 the first game. It was available to Rangers TV Unlimited subscribers, which is about £17 and that gets you every game this month.

Be nice if it were free for all subscribers. I don't expect it to be but if they expect people to pay £12 for the 2nd time in 4 days then, frankly, I'm out.

Folk who found themselves in that position should have gone for 1 month Unlimited subscription at £17.25.

Folk who found themselves in that position should have gone for 1 month Unlimited subscription at £17.25.

Well, The oxford game was free to all subscribers. Every home friendly for the last few seasons has been free to all subscribers. Euro games last season were about £7.99, then £9.99 for UFA.

Yes, people are going to reply with the standard "happy to give the club every penny" but in my mind why should we suddenly have to pay extra for friendlies that were always previously part of the package for all subscribers?

Well, The oxford game was free to all subscribers. Every home friendly for the last few seasons has been free to all subscribers. Euro games last season were about £7.99, then £9.99 for UFA.

Yes, people are going to reply with the standard "happy to give the club every penny" but in my mind why should we suddenly have to pay extra for friendlies that were always previously part of the package for all subscribers?

Actually looking at my purchase history - Maribor and Osijek were £5.99 and UFA was £7.49.

Whether you agree with them or not - and it would appear most don't - it is clear the Club are trying to maximise the numbers on the Unlimited package. The pricing for the Marseille game and, indeed, the St Joseph's game last week, are a clear indication of that. We've yet to see if there's an increase for league matches but I can foresee at least a £1 - if not £2 - increase there as well. The £5 and £12 packages were never intended for, and are not advertised as providing, live matches - notwithstanding what has happened in the past.

FWIW, I thought £12 for the Marseille game was scandalous. The away game in Gibraltar was a bit steep as well. I can foresee a pay-per-match price of £7.99 being their 'target'. That might work but £6.99 would be a more appropriate increase, certainly in terms of league games. If they stray into more expensive prices I think it might backfire on them a wee bit. Of course, one thing we don't know is how much RangersTV have to pay the likes of Premier, Sky and BT Sport to use their feed or to screen their 'exclusive' live coverage. Its not infeasible that the cost has gone up there as well.

Last edited:
The game’s definitely not on Premier Sports, so RTV is the only realistic hope at this late stage.
Is it definitely not on Premier Sport? Seem to remember from last year they got the home games, but didn't announce until day before. If no-one else is picking them up then why wouldn't they?

I remember it being around a 5er a game last season. And in the UK, just London so not exactly possible to get to games easily.

I remember it being around a 5er a game last season. And in the UK, just London so not exactly possible to get to games easily.
It was £5.99 a league game last season and for the last few years. I usually buy per game as get away games normally on local tv here, so its mainly home games I purchase. Bought the £17.25 deal yesterday as will get around 6 games for that cost in next 30 days. I expect the league games to go up to £7.99 this season on a ppv deal. Prefer as VB says if it was £6.99.

It was £5.99 a league game last season and for the last few years. I usually buy per game as get away games normally on local tv here, so its mainly home games I purchase. Bought the £17.25 deal yesterday as will get around 6 games for that cost in next 30 days. I expect the league games to go up to £7.99 this season on a ppv deal. Prefer as VB says if it was £6.99.

Is this the Unlimited package? Europa Qualifiers aren’t included in that deal

There's an optimum price. Rangers are looking for maximum return - that will be the optimum price.

Currently prices are in flux, some are rising steeply as Rangers try to figure out the best way to maximise a regular cash injection throughout the season.

It's commonly known as free market forces by some, others may have a different view.

It'll definitely be on RTV, although I'm not sure if that'll be in the UK too.

For the qualifying rounds, the broadcast rights are held by the home club so there's no reason whatsoever why RTV won't get the game.

For the group stages, the broadcast rights are held by UEFA who sell them to one broadcaster per country, hence RTV couldn't show the group games live last season.

And what about us that bought a ticket for Sunday and are going on Thursday too?

Should we get in free?

And what about us that bought a ticket for Sunday and are going on Thursday too?

Should we get in free?

I don’t know why anybody wouldn’t just take the £17 package in the circumstances. You will get the last three friendly games, the Europa League games and the first 2 league games inside the first month. That’s what I’ve done and I’m a season ticket holder, I’ll cancel the subscription after a month.

Just been confirmed - this will be on RTV WORLDWIDE.

No need for a VPN if you're in the UK. Price for a one-off is £9.99, and it's free if you're on RangersTV Unlimited
Just had a look out of curiosity...

You are buying:
Rangers v St Josephs

£9.99
Full coverage of the second leg of the Europa League qualifier, available worldwide.
This is a live match. This one is ONLY available to people outside UK and ROI.
Don't buy this if you are intending to watch in UK/ROI - your location will be detected at the time of viewing and you will not be able to watch

Seems to contradict what they saying no doubt an error but will put people off buying.

Especially now that GBC confirmed they are showing it.

You are buying:
Rangers v St Josephs

£9.99
Full coverage of the second leg of the Europa League qualifier, available worldwide.
Don't buy this if you are intending to watch in UK/ROI - your location will be detected at the time of viewing and you will not be able to watch

Seems to contradict what they saying no doubt an error but will put people off buying.

Same ‘error’ happened with their advertising of the Marseille match as well. Shoddy, appalling editing and proof reading of the website, I’d go with the press release - available ‘everywhere in the World’.

Terrible pricing once again

Could be cheaper but the cheapest ticket to attend the game is £17 for me. I'm struggling to make it on Thursday due to work and travel so £9.99 saves me both time and money. Will likely be watchng it with my Dad saving a small fortune.

Could be cheaper but the cheapest ticket to attend the game is £17 for me. I'm struggling to make it on Thursday due to work and travel so £9.99 saves me both time and money. Will likely be watchng it with my Dad saving a small fortune.

12 for a friendly in the same week

The ties over shouldn't be more than a fiver

You are buying:
Rangers v St Josephs

£9.99

They'll be using the standard text they use for every other game, or just copying and pasting. Lazy and shoddy but if the article says it's worldwide, it'll be worldwide.

12 for a friendly in the same week

The ties over shouldn't be more than a fiver

Rangers TV provide a service that needs to be funded somehow, regardless of the current standing in the tie. If you want to follow Rangers, it is just another option available to you - no one is forced to go out and purchase tickets for the game at Ibrox or PPV view Rangers TV.

Back