Tickets for the final

Aways games is the only issue on Mygers, because there are so many of them and so little allocation. I would remove away games from Mygers, don't even get many points for away games anyway. Have a separate scheme for away games.
A separate scheme we need to pay extra for? What’s the distribution method? Open ballot, tiers or top down?

I don't think the club really cares about away games. If it was a big priority we could have tried to get minimum allocations put in the rules like they have in England when Robertson was on the SPFL board. MyGers will be seen as a big success as the numbers are going up each year even though people don't like it.
No way would we go for minimum allocations like England as we would be the likely losers having to give bigger allocations to the likes of hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and them. It doesn't matter if you go for a fixed number or a percentage, we would still end up with less home fans than now.

In England it's the lesser of 3000 or 10% so we wouldn't get more tickets at many places.

Yes it will need to change mate but im not seeing how it will work,i m cccs ,st,mygers and get hampden but if it drops off to 3 years this to will be a bottleneck of people on the same points etc i cant see how it will work points down will have thousands on the same probably.
I don’t see how there will be a bottle neck. 5 years , 4 , 3 … it will be exactly the same. People in bronze won’t have had a season ticket for three years .. if, let’s say everyone has. Then it comes down to other things like euro aways (add ons)

So if everyone ends up in gold (or whatever group name you call it) then they will operate (I think) similar to Tottenham, (Sunderland which someone has posted) and many others , where you just get moved in to strata’s …. Which Will work exactly the same as tiers so don’t be fooled

There is thousands just now that only seperated by a few points

No way would we go for minimum allocations like England as we would be the likely losers having to give bigger allocations to the likes of hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and them. It doesn't matter if you go for a fixed number or a percentage, we would still end up with less home fans than now.

In England it's the lesser of 3000 or 10% so we wouldn't get more tickets at many places.
Yeah it wouldn't be popular with everyone as some want no away fans entirely. The EPL have got it right though in my opinion. When sky are showing an English game more often than not its a full house and a lot of clubs take big travelling supports which adds to the atmosphere. Man United and Liverpool could all easily sell out to home fans but they know it makes the product better by having away allocations.

Take Hearts as example up here, it used to be one of the best away days and was always a brilliant atmosphere with the full away end. Now its not even half the stand and for those watching on TV there will be loads of unused empty seats with sponsor banners right down the middle of the stand.

It opens up the need for add ons. The club will then make more add ons available. People will be in a frenzy buying all sorts they don’t want or need to be at the top.

If it stays at 5 years, the gold members that go to majority of European away games will always be gold. Moving to 3 years only suits people that have bought season tickets since 2021 onwards

See i canny see why i would be in a frenzy to stay gold. I have had 3 away tickets i could have got anyway. No chance of ever seeing a celtic ticket or for that a cat a game. Will always have enough points for semi final or finals.

A separate scheme we need to pay extra for? What’s the distribution method? Open ballot, tiers or top down?

That's what I think will eventually happen. Away games will be an add on to mygers where you pay a fee to go on the scheme and it will be ballot based.

Mygers works for domestic semi's and finals and euro aways but not for domestic aways but that is also due to decrease in number of tickets and more going to corporate clients.

Got to wonder why we can arrange Europa Legue final tickets less than 24 hours after the semi final but can’t manage the same for a much easier scenario.

Emails to those successful should have been made available as soon as allocations were known.

I don’t see how there will be a bottle neck. 5 years , 4 , 3 … it will be exactly the same. People in bronze won’t have had a season ticket for three years .. if, let’s say everyone has. Then it comes down to other things like euro aways (add ons)

So if everyone ends up in gold (or whatever group name you call it) then they will operate (I think) similar to Tottenham, (Sunderland which someone has posted) and many others , where you just get moved in to strata’s …. Which Will work exactly the same as tiers so don’t be fooled

There is thousands just now that only seperated by a few points
Its going down to 3 years thats why theyl be a bottle neck not the last 5, meaning more people in less years with similar points.

Got to wonder why we can arrange Europa Legue final tickets less than 24 hours after the semi final but can’t manage the same for a much easier scenario.

Emails to those successful should have been made available as soon as allocations were known.
Livi away the next league game to sort and there may be another away cup game between Saturday and livi on the 11th feb weekend so they are just making more work for themselves in a shorter space of time

Yeah it wouldn't be popular with everyone as some want no away fans entirely. The EPL have got it right though in my opinion. When sky are showing an English game more often than not its a full house and a lot of clubs take big travelling supports which adds to the atmosphere. Man United and Liverpool could all easily sell out to home fans but they know it makes the product better by having away allocations.

Take Hearts as example up here, it used to be one of the best away days and was always a brilliant atmosphere with the full away end. Now its not even half the stand and for those watching on TV there will be loads of unused empty seats with sponsor banners right down the middle of the stand.
It works better in England because they have bigger grounds though. If we applied the English criteria here we would probably have around the same allocation but they would be due 3000 tickets at Ibrox.

I know that's a simplistic example but to write rules for it so that we benefit wouldn't be easy. You couldn't just say if you can't sell all your tickets then we want them :))

That's what I think will eventually happen. Away games will be an add on to mygers where you pay a fee to go on the scheme and it will be ballot based.

Mygers works for domestic semi's and finals and euro aways but not for domestic aways but that is also due to decrease in number of tickets and more going to corporate clients.
So do you think they’ll make travel club separate too? It might sting paying say £80 for away game scheme, separate travel club and mygers all together

Livi away the next league game to sort and there may be another away cup game between Saturday and livi on the 11th feb weekend so they are just making more work for themselves in a shorter space of time
Absolutley. Arse to elbow springs to mind.

We had people on here last week complaining that tickets had been sent out too early for the Semi Final, which is why the posters lost them and nothing to do with their own stupidity. :rolleyes:

We had people on here last week complaining that tickets had been sent out too early for the Semi Final, which is why the posters lost them and nothing to do with their own stupidity. :rolleyes:
I remember that at the time. Club sent out an email with a warning of when tickets would go on sale and people lost their shit. Club giving notice meant people could speak to friends and arrange which stand to go for but no people wanted to cry about that

Honestly the club could email people and say they’ve won £1000 and some would moan it’s not £2000

I remember that at the time. Club sent out an email with a warning of when tickets would go on sale and people lost their shit. Club giving notice meant people could speak to friends and arrange which stand to go for but no people wanted to cry about that

Honestly the club could email people and say they’ve won £1000 and some would moan it’s not £2000
2k is more than 1k :)

Will this update have a bearing on peoples estimates for points required for the final? Appreciate it’s a guessing game at this stage depending on sponsor allocations and what not.

Will this update have a bearing on peoples estimates for points required for the final? Appreciate it’s a guessing game at this stage depending on sponsor allocations and what not.
Might go down to low silver in first wave. Some at the very start of silver might miss out.

IF we get through Saturday and draw them away how many would they have to give us for a cup tie? Likewise how many would we have to give them?

Its going down to 3 years thats why theyl be a bottle neck not the last 5, meaning more people in less years with similar points.
When is this supposedly happening mate? Will be carnage with thousands more in gold.

So hard to properly guess as the last old firm at hampden for priority group 1 it started at 470+ points. A breakdown of priority groups would allow us to have a more accurate guess

I’m in priority one, but no a few people with high points in priority two, if it does go to priority 2 will it start st the high level of points and then drop down that way?

I’m in priority one, but no a few people with high points in priority two, if it does go to priority 2 will it start st the high level of points and then drop down that way?
Yes, but probably not going to make priority 2

Would expect the emails for Cup Final tickets out in the next few days especially after the pricing announcement and now MyGers points update.

The semi final was 762 points initially. If anyone knows what the initial allocation was and what we’ll get for the final, you could probably work out a rough cut-off.

IF we get through Saturday and draw them away how many would they have to give us for a cup tie? Likewise how many would we have to give them?

I’d imagine the police would ask for existing allocations to be kept
Might go down to low silver in first wave. Some at the very start of silver might miss out.

I’d be surprised if it doesn’t start at 1000 ish

So do you think they’ll make travel club separate too? It might sting paying say £80 for away game scheme, separate travel club and mygers all together

Rangers say that they cannot run a separate points system for the Travel club. I don't think Travel Club will come back but that doesn't mean they can't charge a fee to be eligible for Euro aways as they can use the mygers points to allocate tickets

looking at latest mygers numbers, my guess is that cut off may be very low silver. there are 18909 silver/gold but not all will have the group 1 requirement.

looking at latest mygers numbers, my guess is that cut off may be very low silver. there are 18909 silver/gold but not all will have the group 1 requirement.
I think could go potentially to high Bronze as say even 16k are priority group 1, as not all in gold and silver will be on CCCS

Back