Tickets for the final

Rangers say that they cannot run a separate points system for the Travel club. I don't think Travel Club will come back but that doesn't mean they can't charge a fee to be eligible for Euro aways as they can use the mygers points to allocate tickets
Can't or won't?

Rangers say that they cannot run a separate points system for the Travel club. I don't think Travel Club will come back but that doesn't mean they can't charge a fee to be eligible for Euro aways as they can use the mygers points to allocate tickets
But then mygers becomes defunct because no matter how it’s dressed up, it’s a ticketing scheme. If you start taking chunks of tickets out of mygers then less people join mygers.

Sure - I do appreciate that but if they've got that many points surely they would try and sell these tickets rather than miss out on finals?
I come up from Blackpool and up until about 5 years ago I never did the cccs as through my 20s financially I couldn’t afford to just keep writing off money for some of the midweek extra games. Harder to sell when you live further afield as well.

I come up from Blackpool and up until about 5 years ago I never did the cccs as through my 20s financially I couldn’t afford to just keep writing off money for some of the midweek extra games. Harder to sell when you live further afield as well.
Yeah - not easy for everyone. Hard to shift dunfermline at home for example in the league cup on a november night.

But then mygers becomes defunct because no matter how it’s dressed up, it’s a ticketing scheme. If you start taking chunks of tickets out of mygers then less people join mygers.
Unless you pay a membership fee to become a member but to get access to other schemes you pay the add ons to join those schemes?

At this point I’d be happy with them removing travel club games, make that £20 again and I can stop caring about domestic aways and just try source tickets each week

Iv had a message telling me a mate has a ticket for the final 1050 MYGERS points. Am I calling Bull on this as nothing mentioned on here or has another thread started?

2023 and can’t run a separate system :))

Iv had a message telling me a mate has a ticket for the final 1050 MYGERS points. Am I calling Bull on this as nothing mentioned on here or has another thread started?
He’s probably just assuming he’ll get one if he’s STH, MyGers, CCCS and has that amount of points then there’s a decent chance he will (he’s probably around the first cut off point with 1050).

…tickets haven’t been done yet though so he’s guessing.

Yea I was thinking more would be said, I’m 792 so knackered anyway but curious where it starts thinking ahead to next season.
I was 970 for the semi and the final last year, I was 1000 for the semi just gone, I am 1045 now. In every instance before I was in the first cut by over 100 points. If I miss this time, it's simply down to the club holding back more tickets for the corporate dudes.

I was 970 for the semi and the final last year, I was 1000 for the semi just gone, I am 1045 now. In every instance before I was in the first cut by over 100 points. If I miss this time, it's simply down to the club holding back more tickets for the corporate dudes.
Thats the big fear,how many will they slide away to resale with a bacon roll for a couple hundred pounds.

Should the theory remain 945 wouldn’t be far off what the estimation is

Thats the big fear,how many will they slide away to resale with a bacon roll for a couple hundred pounds.

That will be of no surprise given how quickly the Hampden Hospitality sold out.

Main stand tickets. Breakfast roll at Ibrox. Cash bar for an hour. Bus to and from Hampden, hour cash bar 199 bangers.

But they used to work off excel spreadsheets for ballots?

Travel club would’ve been the easiest system in the world to administer
Yeah I mean they could have administered travel club manually, separate to MyGers. But retaining a manual scheme as well as another that is dealt with through the ticketing portal would probably have extra admin costs and be really inefficient. Especially when customers would be using the same portal to purchase away Euro tickets.

I also don't know the ins and outs of the system they use, what functionality it has and what customisation options may be available to them without getting developers in. For example we have an industry tailored CRM system at my work and we've been working on a customisation option for a while to capture particular client information and it has cost a small fortune to do it.

I can't really make any claims as to whether what I've been told is valid or not.

Yeah I mean they could have administered travel club manually, separate to MyGers. But retaining a manual scheme as well as another that is dealt with through the ticketing portal would probably have extra admin costs and be really inefficient. Especially when customers would be using the same portal to purchase away Euro tickets.

I also don't know the ins and outs of the system they use, what functionality it has and what customisation options may be available to them without getting developers in. For example we have an industry tailored CRM system at my work and we've been working on a customisation option for a while to capture particular client information and it has cost a small fortune to do it.

I can't really make any claims as to whether what I've been told is valid or not.
Thing that’s worrying as well is that even if they say they can only use mygers points for that, then I don’t even think a proposed add on would work. You should have to opt into things start of the season

Every time this thread gets bumped I think the email is out! Next week is probably more likely I’d imagine

After getting the mygers tiers updates yesterday, my guess is they will send out the emails, before they switch the lights off later today.

BM Jnr is in group one but sitting on 963 points. He’s asked me every day since the semi if the emails are out yet.

He’ll be touch and go but fingers crossed.

Back