Tickets for the final

Good evening,

I am contacting the club regarding the forthcoming League Cup final against Celtic and the ticket allocation.

There has been a clear lack of transparency regarding the allocation and distribution of these tickets. On initial count, it seems a meagre 15/16k tickets have been allocated to MyGers members.

I am not naive enough to think that sponsors etc won’t get a sizeable cut, I get that, but we are talking about thousands of tickets being siphoned off. It is no coincidence that a plethora of hospitality packages were made available to purchase. I also understand these will bring in money given their price, but these were purchasable by anyone, no points requirement, no previous attendance, etc. Essentially, someone who’s not spent a penny on the club or travelled a single mile to follow the team was able to skip ahead of thousands of loyal fans and buy a hospitality brief.

Myself, along with thousands of others, are bitterly disappointed in this latest money making scheme conjured up by James Bisgrove and the board. Rank and file Rangers supporters, who travel thousands of miles a season and spend thousands and thousands of pounds on the club have been shafted for the sake of making a few Extra pounds by Rangers siphoning off a huge amount of tickets to allow for corporate sales.

I’d be interested to know if this short term burst of money is worth more to the board and Bisgrove than the millions ploughed in by loyal fans every year when buying season tickets, MyGers subs, Edmiston House packages, merchandise, food and drink, champions wall, European packages, etc.

I understand the club is also a business, but this can’t get to the stage where ordinary fans are being overlooked for the sake of a few extra thousand pounds due to sheer greed on behalf of the board.

How many of those buying hospitality have been to previous rounds against less glamorous opposition? How many of these people take time off work to attend midweek cup ties? How many of them follow Rangers week in week out, spending huge sums of money in the process? The lifeblood of the club is the support, and this “cash grab” leaves a real sour taste in the mouth, and ultimately I’m hugely disappointed in how Rangers have handled this. There’s a plethora of tickets in the Rangers end available right now on resale hospitality websites, this is a disgrace that normal fans have been priced out like this. A showpiece final like this is a highlight for those fans who commit their time and money every year into this club, and those same fans are being treated like complete garbage.

I will say that many fellow fans I have spoke with will not be renewing their MyGers. One of the main perks of the system was that people with a decent point total (900+) were almost guaranteed a ticket for such events. Now, most of the fans are a mere afterthought and cash is clearly king.

I’d suggest that Bisgrove and co are playing a very dangerous game and taking the loyalty of the fans for granted.

I’m not sure if this email will be read or if anyone at the club is even interested, you’ve made the money now, but I wanted to make my feelings known. I will not be renewing MyGers at the end of the season and I know I won’t be alone.

Regards

Gascoigne
Well said mate, exactly how I feel today. I am around 10 points short but really anyone on 900+ should have been fine. I have been paying for 2 season tickets and as much again on CCCS for years now. That will stop next season.

Well said mate, exactly how I feel today. I am around 10 points short but really anyone on 900+ should have been fine. I have been paying for 2 season tickets and as much again on CCCS for years now. That will stop next season.

I feel for you mate, I’m about 50 points shy, not anticipating a drop now seeing the amount of tickets for sale on the resale sites.

My brother is just below the cut off - cannot believe it is so high. There are always ones hived off to staff, players & hospitality BUT I reckon there has been 3000 or even 4000 more hived off. Whatever happens I wont' be seated with them now even thou I still think he will get one. But shame on Rangers here

Good evening,

I am contacting the club regarding the forthcoming League Cup final against Celtic and the ticket allocation.

There has been a clear lack of transparency regarding the allocation and distribution of these tickets. On initial count, it seems a meagre 15/16k tickets have been allocated to MyGers members.

I am not naive enough to think that sponsors etc won’t get a sizeable cut, I get that, but we are talking about thousands of tickets being siphoned off. It is no coincidence that a plethora of hospitality packages were made available to purchase. I also understand these will bring in money given their price, but these were purchasable by anyone, no points requirement, no previous attendance, etc. Essentially, someone who’s not spent a penny on the club or travelled a single mile to follow the team was able to skip ahead of thousands of loyal fans and buy a hospitality brief.

Myself, along with thousands of others, are bitterly disappointed in this latest money making scheme conjured up by James Bisgrove and the board. Rank and file Rangers supporters, who travel thousands of miles a season and spend thousands and thousands of pounds on the club have been shafted for the sake of making a few Extra pounds by Rangers siphoning off a huge amount of tickets to allow for corporate sales.

I’d be interested to know if this short term burst of money is worth more to the board and Bisgrove than the millions ploughed in by loyal fans every year when buying season tickets, MyGers subs, Edmiston House packages, merchandise, food and drink, champions wall, European packages, etc.

I understand the club is also a business, but this can’t get to the stage where ordinary fans are being overlooked for the sake of a few extra thousand pounds due to sheer greed on behalf of the board.

How many of those buying hospitality have been to previous rounds against less glamorous opposition? How many of these people take time off work to attend midweek cup ties? How many of them follow Rangers week in week out, spending huge sums of money in the process? The lifeblood of the club is the support, and this “cash grab” leaves a real sour taste in the mouth, and ultimately I’m hugely disappointed in how Rangers have handled this. There’s a plethora of tickets in the Rangers end available right now on resale hospitality websites, this is a disgrace that normal fans have been priced out like this. A showpiece final like this is a highlight for those fans who commit their time and money every year into this club, and those same fans are being treated like complete garbage.

I will say that many fellow fans I have spoke with will not be renewing their MyGers. One of the main perks of the system was that people with a decent point total (900+) were almost guaranteed a ticket for such events. Now, most of the fans are a mere afterthought and cash is clearly king.

I’d suggest that Bisgrove and co are playing a very dangerous game and taking the loyalty of the fans for granted.

I’m not sure if this email will be read or if anyone at the club is even interested, you’ve made the money now, but I wanted to make my feelings known. I will not be renewing MyGers at the end of the season and I know I won’t be alone.

Regards

Gascoigne
That is a really interesting point. Why do they put hospitality packages on public sale before giving mygers members an exclusive purchase window? They regularly give mygers members the impression there’ll be some form of exclusivity before it goes to public sale but not hospitality for a final? I wonder why that is - they probably know who they’ll be selling to before they even bother advertising

Only glaring thing I can see missing from your well thought out email is the transparency. I would like them to answer a very basic question regarding transparency, because they say they value it. My question ;

Why do the club refuse to share the ticket allocation breakdown so Mygers members, paying a combined £2m+ a year, can see how many were allocated to mygers?

My brother is just below the cut off - cannot believe it is so high. There are always ones hived off to staff, players & hospitality BUT I reckon there has been 3000 or even 4000 more hived off. Whatever happens I wont' be seated with them now even thou I still think he will get one. But shame on Rangers here
Many people will be the same and it’s shite. My guesstimate will be something along the lines of 2750 for club use, 16500 for mygers and 1750 for buses

The only one that’ll ever be confirmed to a very rough figure is the rsc one

People not on buses are just as loyal. You can’t just take wads of tickets out of the allocations for unknown bus members and expect your loyalty scheme to be a success.
100% a bus I know 90% of them will get tickets here and say another 10/15 will go to guys that don't have season tickets - a scandal only Rangers could dream up

Have RSC allocations been confirmed ? You’ll be able to work out the overall allocation to them as I’m sure the number of A+ etc were confirmed at start of the season

Just got an email back from Rangers saying I have no req as i’m not on cccs

where I sit, I get every home game included in my ticket. Why the feck would I sign up to CCCS?

I’ve never had to before and it’s never been an issue, and if I had, I would be getting charged for a ticket i’ve already paid for at the start of the season.

I feel for you mate, I’m about 50 points shy, not anticipating a drop now seeing the amount of tickets for sale on the resale sites.
Its shit mate, I get there has to be a line in the sand but this is extraordinary high this time. Your point on tickets being available on re sale sites is bang on, fucking scandalous.

I can’t be arsed trying to understand how much the points threshold has been raised but my spending habits are exactly then same year on year and this is the first time I’ve ever missed out on a final ticket.

where I sit, I get every home game included in my ticket. Why the feck would I sign up to CCCS?

I’ve never had to before and it’s never been an issue, and if I had, I would be getting charged for a ticket i’ve already paid for at the start of the season.
Did you get one for semi final in priority group 1?

so, a guy ends up with a ticket that doesn’t have mygers over a similar season ticket holder that has mygers /cccs?

that’s supposed to be a good thing?

Of course it’s not.

There is really no justification for it now that we have a loyalty scheme.

so, a guy ends up with a ticket that doesn’t have mygers over a similar season ticket holder that has mygers /cccs?

that’s supposed to be a good thing?

Rangers see the allocation as 3 seperate pools that are independent of each other. Yes it's a good thing that someone who has been to every domestic game is getting a cup final ticket.

What about those who haven't been to a game this season but have bought an off-site hospitality package with tickets syphoned off from the MyGers allocation Your anger is being directed in the wrong place.

My understanding was always that Bar 72 and the section in the main stand ticked the boxes(cccs and priority semi/finals) but weren’t charged. I did when I sat there and got the benefits without the additional charges.

If you’ve been ok previously then I have sympathy but it’s Rangers, the goalposts move every season.

Yeah the guys paying 1000s into the club a year are the issue many of whom will miss out on a final ticket as tickets are balloted for corporates. What is wrong is that a % of tickets can theoretically go to anybody who may or may not be a sth or mygers
There is always corporate tickets for games at Hampden so that’s not the issue. The issue here is that the club are greedy bastards and have taken a chunk out the mygers allocation to give to corporate. These day trippers in my opinion won’t be guys who pay thousands each year into the club unlike the thousands of real fans who have missed out.

Website s total joke.
Have tried 12 times.
Allows me to pick option but then doesn’t transfer to basket, coming up with red line saying nothing in basket.
Anybody got any suggestions. Or is it possible to call into ticket office in person.
Oh the other thing is when you pick the option - always click on update basket. If you don't it never works right.

But to be honest the website is a basket case - it never does the same thing twice. It's completely random in what it does and says.
Anyone know anything about this site, Footballticketpad?

These sites advertise tickets they don't have. If they can get someone to pay £300 for a ticket they sell them the "ticket" then go out and try to buy one for up to £150 say. If they can buy one they deliver the ticket to the buyer. If they can't they refund the money at the last minute. It's a no-risk, no cashflow required business. Lucrative as well if they can get the tickets.

It’s part of it. The other angle is why shouldn’t RSCs get tickets when they bought tickets for Dundee and Queen of the south that would’ve went unsold otherwise?

Because it’s Celtic and everyone wants to go RSCs should get shafted? The people that get rsc tickets will be those that are on buses every week. Without buses, thousands wouldn’t be able to have STs so it’s a small perk for generating the club income
I think this is now a fallacy EVERY away game this year would have sold out to My Gers supporters regardless of RSCs - so if RSCs took not a single ticker every away game would have sold out due to demand

To all those slagging mygers who wished they had a final ticket , remember this when you say “ I’m not paying for European qualifiers , or Dundee on a freezing wed night . It’s loyalty and continued loyalty that gets rewarded
That’s just not true mate, it’s not a loyalty scheme.

I’ve been to every home domestic game and every other game in every competition including the champions league package, I also have an annual subscription to RTV, I’ve had 1 away ticket through MyGers this season, I’ve applied for every single away game.
Through identical spending habits season after season, I’ve had a semi and final ticket every time.

I don’t have a ticket for the final this time, I’m 10 points or so short of an extraordinary high threshold. So I’m sorry, loyalty isn’t rewarded at all.

I would add, if I was missing out because another genuine fan has put the same money and time in as I have, but they have purchased a few extra things that I haven’t to get points then I don’t have a complaint.

But we all know that not why I’m missing out and the club are just a faceless bunch of robbing bastards,

To all those slagging mygers who wished they had a final ticket , remember this when you say “ I’m not paying for European qualifiers , or Dundee on a freezing wed night . It’s loyalty and continued loyalty that gets rewarded
I get your point mate, I’ve got a ticket and go home & away (when I get a ticket)
Including European away but I’m not a fan of myGers, it has come down to how much money you have or will hand over to the club. I’m guilty as others are of spending cash to keep me near the top of the list. I really feel for supporters who cannot afford it or have kids who they can’t get tickets for.

The WhatsApp rumour...

Allocation smaller than last game against them at Hampden due to Ukrainian kids being given 5k at the half way line dividing the two supports. 2.5k off each teams allocation.

Driven by the Scottish Gov. not being publicised yet so as no backlash.
Lol heard it all now - that is an impossibility they have no say on the matter

I think this is now a fallacy EVERY away game this year would have sold out to My Gers supporters regardless of RSCs - so if RSCs took not a single ticker every away game would have sold out due to demand
My post was about home games though so how is it a fallacy?

Away games and hampden are the perks that rangers reward RSCS with, rightly or wrongly. It’s emotive and people disagree on it but that’s all it is

Home games wouldn’t sell out if it wasn’t for RSCs, that’s just a fact. From offering affordable travel, ensuring people can get to and from midweek games when no public transport at night, to taking tickets for all home games regardless of opposition

There would be thousands of unsold tickets over the season if it wasn’t for RSCs. I seen an earlier post from you about an RSC you know that’ll be fully sorted and have like 10 spares. I don’t dispute some buses will be sorted but you can’t generalise every bus

We’ve been to every home league game this year (and the 4 years before this - excluding Covid year obviously).

Every home league cup and Scottish cup game in the last 5 years.

Every home European game, qualifiers and group stages this year and last year. And every home European qualifier in the 2 years preceding Covid.

Attended every friendly we’ve been allocated on CCCS (only missed Arsenal in the year back from Covid as didn’t get allocated a ticket) - including the one in December against Leverkusen in -6° or thereabouts - last 2 seasons.

Applied for every away game this season (grandson 7 last week so of an age he can go now). I got Motherwell, we both got Kilmarnock (which he loved despite being 0°).

We got last years Scottish Cup semi final and final and this years league cup semi final in first ballot as Group 1.

We’re season ticket holders, MyGers members, CCCS including home friendlies and I’ve RTV.

I’m 1222 points. He’s 1141 points.
Yet nothing for this final.

Loyalty isn’t being rewarded when the points threshold that previously saw those in Group 1 getting tickets for Hampden in (mostly) first ballot, yet this time we’ve not enough points.

I don’t mind if it’s folk above me on more points getting the tickets. But if thousands of tickets are being sold for hospitality at inflated prices by the club that’s unforgivable as far as I’m concerned.

Last edited:
The WhatsApp rumour...

Allocation smaller than last game against them at Hampden due to Ukrainian kids being given 5k at the half way line dividing the two supports. 2.5k off each teams allocation.

Driven by the Scottish Gov. not being publicised yet so as no backlash.
Not sure if you know this but 50% of all Ukrainians are staunch prods and 50% are bitter poets. It's bound to kick off between these kids. It could make Mariupol look like Saint Tropez by the time they've finished going at it. I think we will need to divert police away from each end to that middle area!

That’s just not true mate, it’s not a loyalty scheme.

I’ve been to every home domestic game and every other game in every competition including the champions league package, I also have an annual subscription to RTV, I’ve had 1 away ticket through MyGers this season, I’ve applied for every single away game.
Through identical spending habits season after season, I’ve had a semi and final ticket every time.

I don’t have a ticket for the final this time, I’m 10 points or so short of an extraordinary high threshold. So I’m sorry, loyalty isn’t rewarded at all.

I would add, if I was missing out because another genuine fan has put the same money and time in as I have, but they have purchased a few extra things that I haven’t to get points then I don’t have a complaint.

But we all know that not why I’m missing out and the club are just a faceless bunch of robbing bastards,
Spot on mate.

Have you ever heard of home cup games which aren’t free and you need to pay for hence why signing up for all non league home games and semi finals and final priority along with mygers gives you just about a guarantee of tickets for these games if you’ve been going over the 5 years and rightly so.

I take it you weren’t at queen of the south or Dundee at home earlier this season?

Have you ever heard of home cup games which aren’t free and you need to pay for hence why signing up for all non league home games and semi finals and final priority along with mygers gives you just about a guarantee of tickets for these games if you’ve been going over the 5 years and rightly so.

I take it you weren’t at queen of the south or Dundee at home earlier this season?
Section MLF season ticket includes all games which I think the poster might have?

So why would they signed up when they should automatically be included by ticking a box

He doesn't have to pay for them, they are included in his ST in section MLF in the Main Stand.

Wouldn’t ticking CCCS just be a formality for games like this then? You wouldn’t be double charged.

I would be challenging that, unless your seat is classed as corporate now?

Today has been a shit show again from Rangers.
Releasing the tickets 2 days before many people get their first wage after Christmas, and then a ticket site that just isn't up to the job. This club really doesn't listen to its fans.

My post was about home games though so how is it a fallacy?

Away games and hampden are the perks that rangers reward RSCS with, rightly or wrongly. It’s emotive and people disagree on it but that’s all it is

Home games wouldn’t sell out if it wasn’t for RSCs, that’s just a fact. From offering affordable travel, ensuring people can get to and from midweek games when no public transport at night, to taking tickets for all home games regardless of opposition

There would be thousands of unsold tickets over the season if it wasn’t for RSCs. I seen an earlier post from you about an RSC you know that’ll be fully sorted and have like 10 spares. I don’t dispute some buses will be sorted but you can’t generalise every bus
Bang on the money, clubs do a lot of legwork for Rangers in shifting tickets for the less glamorous game and so getting tickets for these big games is the quid pro quo in my view. RSC’s are still the lifeblood of our support

Back