Tickets for the final

What no one can understand is the 4 games at Hampden in the last 18 months he’s EASILY made points threshold.

Been in the first ballot for tickets for all of them as he’s Group 1 with plenty points.

This time he’s missed out by over 100 points. Seems strange.

That’s what people are getting at. The points required for this game.
The club have communicated the reasons for the increase. Its upto you wether you beleive it or not.

Increase in people joining group 1 who have a higher points total. More mygers members. Also the SPFL taking more tickets because its the final which unfortunately is their right.

Also, I wouldn't include any of the games that weren't against the scum because we received huge allocations.

The club have communicated the reasons for the increase. Its upto you wether you beleive it or not.

Increase in people joining group 1 who have a higher points total. More mygers members. Also the SPFL taking more tickets because its the final which unfortunately is their right.

Also, I wouldn't include any of the games that weren't against the scum because we received huge allocations.
Played them in the Scottish Cup semi final 9 months ago and he had no issue getting ticket in first ballot so - for me - doesn’t add up.

But thanks for your input.

Correct, and was told they hadn't then had my microphone cut off before I had a chance to challenge it.
They don’t like being questioned - Bennett’s quip about reading digs online regarding can edminson house play midfield highlighted that
Then Bisgrove goes on and didn’t know about the stuff he was talking about (surely you’d do your research) but also said they’re open to being more transparent. Prove it then. The SLO or the club must be looking on here as it took a full day to release those tweets earlier, if you’re still looking in it’s clear fans want an actual breakdown

Christ folk won’t be happy til they have the name and NI number of every single ticket holder.

The club have provided reasonable answers why the threshold is where it is.

End of the day those with tickets deserve them one way or another.
It’s surely not a stretch to ask for a breakdown of how many went to mygers. Literally just confirm that Z amount of tickets went to mygers. Then people know people on that amount of points and above all had mygers/cccs. Saying stuff like nearly 90% is just silly. Nearly means f.all when every 5% jump is around 1000 tickets which someone posted earlier

At risk of doing it again

18000 gold and silver last season. Tickets went miles into bronze

19000 gold and silver this season. Tickets cut off with thousands of silver not getting.

Unless several thousand have suddenly joined the CCCS on high points.

The Queen of the South attendance. 30000. Standard stuff.

Its a mystery shall we say.

At risk of doing it again

18000 gold and silver last season. Tickets went miles into bronze

19000 gold and silver this season. Tickets cut off with thousands of silver not getting.

Unless several thousand have suddenly joined the CCCS on high points.

The Queen of the South attendance. 30000. Standard stuff.

Its a mystery shall we say.
I agree, it certainly doesn't look good. However until we get a bit of transparency, all we can do is speculate and throw numbers about.

Worryingly, the club don't seem to care.

I can't understand why they don't just state "we received X amount of tickets from the SPFL, of this X went to MyGers, X went to VIP MyGers, X went to RSCs and X were held for club use."

Unless of course the club use amount is something daft like a few thousand and they have decided to do a massive amount of offsite hospitality packages.

It’s surely not a stretch to ask for a breakdown of how many went to mygers. Literally just confirm that Z amount of tickets went to mygers. Then people know people on that amount of points and above all had mygers/cccs. Saying stuff like nearly 90% is just silly. Nearly means f.all when every 5% jump is around 1000 tickets which someone posted earlier
No one asked/cared about these questions when it was a straight ballot which was much, much easier to manipulate for whatever the club wanted to do.

Even if the ‘nearly 90%’ was 85% - that’s still the vast, vast majority going to the ‘right people’.

It wasn’t a ballot. It was a points threshold.

You’re getting the two things mixed up

In order to be eligible for a hampden ticket you have to be in the priority group (by being ST, CCCS & MyGers etc) and also be above the set points threshold. Once they have sold to that threshold they then either lower the points threshold or move down the priority groups depending on demand

It’s the way it’s been for a few years now. This is obviously just the first time it’s affecting you
Thanks @ForzaLaudrup

I meant Priority Group 1 (season ticket, MyGers, CCCS). As “CCCS” is in that Group 1 definition I assumed that’s what was meant in original post I replied to.

Since the inception of MyGers there’s been no issues getting tickets for the semi-finals and finals as he’s always been well above the points threshold in Group 1. This just seems “off”, the cut off figure for this final.

Just wait until it comes out that all staff have been offered a ticket and a ballot for a 2nd if the demand for the 2nd ticket can't be met. 660 tickets have gone there.

There will never be enough tickets for these games. That's just life and it has always and will always be the case.

The fact that, on top of a terrible national FA, Rangers have somehow made it worse and less fair than before is impressive in their undying commitment to being inept.

My son & mum are both ST holders (5 years), on CCCS for non season ticket home games, priority access in semi-final/final ticket sales, apply for every away game (had one so far!).

My mum is silver, son is bronze (despite attending every game including friendlies, EL/CL and cup games). Therefore, both are now highly unlikely to be eligible for a ticket for the cup final.

Imagine having to explain to a 7-year-old that he can’t attend the cup final despite attending EVERY home game this season (including friendlies, champions league & cup), and despite being at the semi-final. Imagine explaining to a 7-year-old that the reason is because Rangers have decided to create a ‘loyalty scheme’ that benefits those who can dig the deepest and afford to buy their way to prestigious game/tickets, all the while lining the boards pockets.

Let’s be honest here, that’s exactly what Rangers and the board are doing - they recently introduced an edmiston house package with lifetime gold membership for the hefty sum of £50,000 (+VAT!). How many Rangers fans can realistically afford that? Also - where does it end? I wouldn’t be surprised if the club at some point introduce an option to buy gold/silver membership on an annual basis for a hefty yearly fee. Also, more hospitality package options for points - as the Edmiston house package points will fall off in a few years time.

Do I understand that issues will always arise when it comes to ticket allocation for cup finals and other prestigious games? Absolutely I do. However, what I categorically do not agree with is Rangers Football Club taking an approach which forces fans to spend MORE hard-earned cash to earn points and ‘prove’ their loyalty. Loyalty has absolutely nothing to do with how much money we spend (or can afford to spend) on Rangers TV, B-Team/ladies season tickets or Edmiston House packages. Loyalty is turning up week in, week out to support your football team - come rain or shine.

The board ought to be ashamed of themselves with the way they have treated fans over the past 2 years.

As a side note, I am not posting this for sympathy or to try and get tickets. I am posting this because it is absolutely diabolical that supporters who follow their team relentlessly are missing out to those who can buy their way up the points system.
If they’ve really been ST holders for 5 years and been on all those schemes they have enough.

I just worked out that almost 1400 of my points alone relate to:

ST x 6 = 720
MyGers = 60
Home CCCS = 150
Match attendance = 225 (I missed a game or two due to a broken foot)
Non ST games = 230

So there you have it. You could be over the threshold without buying add ons. Those of us who have tickets have them because we’ve been consistently buying & going to games since the 17/18 season. Anyone who is following the team relentlessly, is going.

There will never be enough tickets for these games. That's just life and it has always and will always be the case.

The fact that, on top of a terrible national FA, Rangers have somehow made it worse and less fair than before is impressive in their undying commitment to being inept.
How is mygers less fair (for these games) than before?

How is mygers less fair (for these games) than before?
As someone who is on my gers gold because I paid 50k for a wee plaque and a club tie, it doesn't affect me, so I am not being bitter here. Just saying. People that buy RTV and women's games shouldn't necessarily go to front of queue is what I mean.

No one asked/cared about these questions when it was a straight ballot which was much, much easier to manipulate for whatever the club wanted to do.

Even if the ‘nearly 90%’ was 85% - that’s still the vast, vast majority going to the ‘right people’.
A valid point. I don’t disagree with that

Christ folk won’t be happy til they have the name and NI number of every single ticket holder.

The club have provided reasonable answers why the threshold is where it is.

End of the day those with tickets deserve them one way or another.
Reasonable answers? You are having a laugh. The threshold is a farce.

The reason the club get away with it it’s guys like yourself don’t question them.

Boils your piss when you attend every home game, CL packages, friendlies, cups,. Buy Rangers TV EH packages, lotto etc and don't qualify for a ticket yet, there will be loads of touted tickets doing the rounds for funny money

Does anyone have any information on the split between MyGers and RSCs, if that’s where 90% of the tickets went?

There’s a lot of complaints about the threshold rising, but if the RSC numbers have increased or are taking thousands out of the overall amount, then that could go some way to explaining it.

Do RSC members have a double chance of getting tickets by being registered for MyGers and on their club, and how can the club stop say 30 RSC members all buying tickets through MyGers then getting them through their club.

Im not against RSCs getting allocations, but it feels unfair that because some people get a bus to games and others take different transport that you can get extra opportunities of tickets.

More transparency is needed all round.

The club should as a matter of transparency he revealing the exact breakdown of tickets for every away and cup game . Really shouldn’t be too difficult. By not doing it all they are doing is feeding the belief that the club are at it

what’s the chances it drops a bit? Missed it by about 30 points ffs
It will drop points but probably won’t leave priority group 1 so as long as you are in that group you should be fine

As I said in my post earlier in the thread - for me they have put the points threshold so high so they can be seen to be lowering it and give the illusion they are offering tickets to more groups. They aren’t daft and will know how it would look if all tickets went to priority group 1 and they all sold out to the first points threshold

I might be way off on that one but tbh it’s what I’d do in that situation as it makes them look better

It will drop points but probably won’t leave priority group 1 so as long as you are in that group you should be fine

As I said in my post earlier in the thread - for me they have put the points threshold so high so they can be seen to be lowering it and give the illusion they are offering tickets to more groups. They aren’t daft and will know how it would look if all tickets went to priority group 1 and they all sold out to the first points threshold

I might be way off on that one but tbh it’s what I’d do in that situation as it makes them look better
the fact that north and south sold out so quickly suggests you are way off .

You might also think they know the limitations of 17,000 attacking the website at once too and release a lower amount 2/3 days at a time. This also allows higher pointers to get access to the better stands.

But I’m not convinced that’s come into it.

Or did they just sell out what was made available….

I base that on nothing more than a wild guess but I like the drama of suggesting otherwise
It would be awful from Rangers if they kept the best seats back for lower points tbh . Then again wouldn’t surprise me .

Played them in the Scottish Cup semi final 9 months ago and he had no issue getting ticket in first ballot so - for me - doesn’t add up.

Part of it seems to be that renewals we’re close to 100% and we’ve no idea how many didn’t have ST in 16/17 that have now essentially gained 120+ points on you and maybe overtaken?

It will be part of the problem.

It would be awful from Rangers if they kept the best seats back for lower points tbh . Then again wouldn’t surprise me .
Club72 ST holders got D5 in semi final. Non ST holding MyGers could buy SS Lower/Upper (I know some of these were returns, but not all, and it’s happened before.)

Last edited:

It does add up though, loads more people have joined Priority 1 since that game and therefore the points threshold has jumped up.

The original threshold for Aberdeen was up at 762 points with a much larger allocation so this pointed towards it being even higher for the final. It is higher than I expected but not by much.

I’m in priority 1, had a ticket for Every-game at hampden since mygers but not going to play the sympathy card like some folk have, had a ticket for the last 6 years but screwed myself over and no other persons fault than mine.

Club72 ST holders got D5 in semi final. Non ST holding MyGers could buy SS Lower/Upper (I know some of these were returns, but not all, and it’s happened before.)
I was in the Non ST MyGers sale and my seat was literally on the half way line of the South Upper. Was delighted with that, but it looked like it was part of the extra allocation from the unsold Hampden Premium Seats that were passed onto us as there were lots of folk wearing those lanyards that said as much.

perhaps the solution to all of this going forward is to fix the number of gold and silver members to the specific allocation that mygers would receive in an old firm cup final?

that way, people will know where they stand depending on their mygers tier ahead of time

Maybe I’m being daft but why do you think this would drop mate? Surely everyone who had the chance to buy will, given that it’s an OF final.

If they’ve really been ST holders for 5 years and been on all those schemes they have enough.

I just worked out that almost 1400 of my points alone relate to:

ST x 6 = 720
MyGers = 60
Home CCCS = 150
Match attendance = 225 (I missed a game or two due to a broken foot)
Non ST games = 230

So there you have it. You could be over the threshold without buying add ons. Those of us who have tickets have them because we’ve been consistently buying & going to games since the 17/18 season. Anyone who is following the team relentlessly, is going.
My son & mum are both ST holders (5 years), on CCCS for non season ticket home games, priority access in semi-final/final ticket sales, apply for every away game (had one so far!).

My mum is silver, son is bronze (despite attending every game including friendlies, EL/CL and cup games). Therefore, both are now highly unlikely to be eligible for a ticket for the cup final.

Imagine having to explain to a 7-year-old that he can’t attend the cup final despite attending EVERY home game this season (including friendlies, champions league & cup), and despite being at the semi-final. Imagine explaining to a 7-year-old that the reason is because Rangers have decided to create a ‘loyalty scheme’ that benefits those who can dig the deepest and afford to buy their way to prestigious game/tickets, all the while lining the boards pockets.

Let’s be honest here, that’s exactly what Rangers and the board are doing - they recently introduced an edmiston house package with lifetime gold membership for the hefty sum of £50,000 (+VAT!). How many Rangers fans can realistically afford that? Also - where does it end? I wouldn’t be surprised if the club at some point introduce an option to buy gold/silver membership on an annual basis for a hefty yearly fee. Also, more hospitality package options for points - as the Edmiston house package points will fall off in a few years time.

Do I understand that issues will always arise when it comes to ticket allocation for cup finals and other prestigious games? Absolutely I do. However, what I categorically do not agree with is Rangers Football Club taking an approach which forces fans to spend MORE hard-earned cash to earn points and ‘prove’ their loyalty. Loyalty has absolutely nothing to do with how much money we spend (or can afford to spend) on Rangers TV, B-Team/ladies season tickets or Edmiston House packages. Loyalty is turning up week in, week out to support your football team - come rain or shine.

The board ought to be ashamed of themselves with the way they have treated fans over the past 2 years.

As a side note, I am not posting this for sympathy or to try and get tickets. I am posting this because it is absolutely diabolical that supporters who follow their team relentlessly are missing out to those who can buy their way up the points system.
Just explain to the wee boy life’s not fair , when I was wee j couldn’t get a ticket for the 86 skol cup final , watched it on tv . When he does get to attend a final v them he’ll appreciate it all the more

Maybe I’m being daft but why do you think this would drop mate? Surely everyone who had the chance to buy will, given that it’s an OF final.
There isn’t enough people within the current points threshold

If you take the raw numbers of how many are in each MyGers tier from the latest update:

Gold - 3631
Silver - 15,278
Bronze - 33,385 (irrelevant here but it is in for completeness)

All of gold & silver equals 18,909 - that is just over the supposed allocation we’ve got

You then take out those in that group that aren’t in priority group 1 (let’s just call it 2k for talking sake) that leaves 16k approx.

There is no chance that 16k people are sitting above 1261 points considering Gold only has 3631 (with a minimum points threshold of 1640) That would mean that 13k would need to be sitting on points between 1639 & 1261 for all tickets to be exhausted in the first sale window.

I would imagine it will dip again to base of Silver which is 1171 (based on nothing other than a guess) and it will be a first come first served after that if any remaining

That’s my take on it tbh

There isn’t enough people within the current points threshold

If you take the raw numbers of how many are in each MyGers tier from the latest update:

Gold - 3631
Silver - 15,278
Bronze - 33,385 (irrelevant here but it is in for completeness)

All of gold & silver equals 18,909 - that is just over the supposed allocation we’ve got

You then take out those in that group that aren’t in priority group 1 (let’s just call it 2k for talking sake) that leaves 16k approx.

There is no chance that 16k people are sitting above 1261 points considering Gold only has 3631 (with a minimum points threshold of 1640) That would mean that 13k would need to be sitting on points between 1639 & 1261 for all tickets to be exhausted in the first sale window.

I would imagine it will dip again to base of Silver which is 1171 (based on nothing other than a guess) and it will be a first come first served after that if any remaining

That’s my take on it tbh

Makes sense, I hope you’re right as I only just missed out!

I can't understand why they don't just state "we received X amount of tickets from the SPFL, of this X went to MyGers, X went to VIP MyGers, X went to RSCs and X were held for club use."

Unless of course the club use amount is something daft like a few thousand and they have decided to do a massive amount of offsite hospitality packages.
They should, but they won’t, as it will show that they have shafted the ST holders again.

Exactly and not everyone in that total number of Gold & Silver (18,909 I’m sure) are Priority Group 1 ST, MyGers & CCCS.
This season it's clear that a massive majority of them are in Priority 1. Probably after they missed out on the cup semi and final last season and realised they needed to join Priority 1.

This season it's clear that a massive majority of them are in Priority 1. Probably after they missed out on the cup semi and final last season and realised they needed to join Priority 1.
Got to remember how many most likely signed up just for seville as they had enough points which is not right imo

and ended up keeping mygers

Back