Tickets for the final

What’s ur take on the points swing from last years final? Can’t be that many more joined mygers in the past 6 months for it to increase that much surely? If that is the case then the club need to come out and explain this especially for the fans between say 1000 and 1257 points who would’ve probably thought they would have got one based on the last 3 trips to Hampden.
The SLO has already answered that on Twitter wether you believe or want to believe the answer(s) is a different story.

Since the semi final last year, there’s has been an increase to the CCCS and MyGers for people who were in Silver/Gold, likely due to people not appreciating the top priority group, and the European run.

Add in natural movement of the threshold it’s not difficult to see why it’s increase as it has.

Do you know what the actual allocation the club got and the actual number of tickets that were allocated to Mygers members ?
I believe someone on an earlier thread worked out the value of tickets for supported club, then done some rough calculations based on information from the SLO.

I believe someone on an earlier thread worked out the value of tickets for supported club, then done some rough calculations based on information from the SLO.
ok cheers but how do you know that 87% of tickets went direct to fans. If your making that statement do you not know the breakdown or can you point me on the right direction where I can see the backup to that.

Not having a go mate…I’m in dispute with the ticket office just now and I’m looking for facts to backup my argument.

The SLO has already answered that on Twitter wether you believe or want to believe the answer(s) is a different story.

Since the semi final last year, there’s has been an increase to the CCCS and MyGers for people who were in Silver/Gold, likely due to people not appreciating the top priority group, and the European run.

Add in natural movement of the threshold it’s not difficult to see why it’s increase as it has.
Im not convinced mate, think the club are at it but that’s just my opinion.

What’s ur take on the points swing from last years final? Can’t be that many more joined mygers in the past 6 months for it to increase that much surely? If that is the case then the club need to come out and explain this especially for the fans between say 1000 and 1257 points who would’ve probably thought they would have got one based on the last 3 trips to Hampden.

In my wee area of the clubdeck there are 6 (3 groups of 2) of us who have become mates.

Last year only 2 of the 6 (my son and I) were Priority Group 1 members among the 6 of us (the other 4 weren’t on the CCCS).

This year they’ve signed up and we are all ST / MyGers / CCCS priority group 1 members.

I suspect this will be mirrored across the ground meaning many more people in priority group 1 now, some with high MyGers points numbers.

People could be on 150+ more points than compared to the hearts final, around 200+ more than at the Celtic game

Yet they don’t understand why there’s a jump, it’s crazy

In my wee area of the clubdeck there are 6 (3 groups of 2) of us who have become mates.

Last year only 2 of the 6 (my son and I) were Priority Group 1 members among the 6 of us (the other 4 weren’t on the CCCS).

This year they’ve signed up and we are all ST / MyGers / CCCS priority group 1 members.

I suspect this will be mirrored across the ground meaning many more people in priority group 1 now, some with high MyGers points numbers.
You can add a couple of us who either joined cccs or mygers who are well above the cut off

ok cheers but how do you know that 87% of tickets went direct to fans. If your making that statement do you not know the breakdown or can you point me on the right direction where I can see the backup to that.

Not having a go mate…I’m in dispute with the ticket office just now and I’m looking for facts to backup my argument.
As I say it was a rough calculation a few pages ago. SLO said almost 90% went directly to fans so there may have been some liberties in roundings etc.

Even if his ‘almost 90%’ comment was 85% it’s still a more than fair whack to ‘normal fans’.

It could be that a number of people joined mygers this year who had a historically high number of points

They weren’t in the scheme last year but now they know the rules they joined and are all mid silver and above

Just a theory though
Joined when they knew the points they would have would be enough for a ticket in Seville.

Don't blame them to be fair.

What dispute are you having with ticket office ? Is it regarding your points and a mistake they’ve made ? Or regarding the overall allocation and split of tickets ?

It could be that a number of people joined mygers this year who had a historically high number of points

They weren’t in the scheme last year but now they know the rules they joined and are all mid silver and above

Just a theory though
I've never missed a game at Hampden until this game, was at the Aberdeen semi but now don't have a ticket?

What has changed since the semi final?

The only logical answer is the Board have syphoned off more tickets for themselves, OR, the SPFL have.

I've never missed a game at Hampden until this game, was at the Aberdeen semi but now don't have a ticket?

The only logical answer is the Board have syphoned off more tickets for themselves, OR, the SPFL have.

The Aberdeen game has no context really as the initial allocation was huge compared to what we get for the final

Likewise. I understand the new cccs / mygers sign ups bumping me down the pecking order, but it dosent explain me getting semi final ticket in first release (nothing to do with Sheep returns)….and yet no chance for the final.

There was 35 thousand Rangers fans at the semi final v the sheep

Easy to forget that at the start of 21/22 many didn’t join CCCS because the covid outlook as still a bit up in the air - we didn’t have a full home game until Union SG and it was iffy around Christmas again.

That added to a lack of understanding of these priority groups and/or how that would work in practice plus a good run.

What dispute are you having with ticket office ? Is it regarding your points and a mistake they’ve made ? Or regarding the overall allocation and split of tickets ?
All of the above.

I’m looking for clarity and transparency on what was our total allocation, how many were allocated to Mygers members and how many were allocated to supporters clubs. Also, when the next “drop” will be, if any.

Mygers generates c. £2m a year and I don’t think it’s unreasonable for the club to be transparent on this to help supporters understand the position.

If the club are transparent then people will be more accepting if they miss out, but right now they are withholding information which will always raise suspicion.

Easy to forget that at the start of 21/22 many didn’t join CCCS because the covid outlook as still a bit up in the air - we didn’t have a full home game until Union SG and it was iffy around Christmas again.

That added to a lack of understanding of these priority groups and/or how that would work in practice plus a good run.
Exactly this, the folk complaining about not getting a ticket for this game, in hindsight should have appreciated being lucky to get one last season.

It's entirely because loads more people have joined Priority Group 1. This is because of the European run last season and also because they failed to understand how Hampden was allocated and missed out on the Scottish Cup Semi & Final last season.

For the Aberdeen Semi Final this season, even with a big allocation the initial points drop was up at 762 which tells you how many people had joined Priority 1. And then since then the January points update has seen everyone gain 50 or 60 points on what they had when Aberdeen was allocated.

Likewise. I understand the new cccs / mygers sign ups bumping me down the pecking order, but it dosent explain me getting semi final ticket in first release (nothing to do with Sheep returns)….and yet no chance for the final.
Our initial allocation for the semi was much larger than for the final, We got the entire North stand

All of the above.

I’m looking for clarity and transparency on what was our total allocation, how many were allocated to Mygers members and how many were allocated to supporters clubs. Also, when the next “drop” will be, if any.

Mygers generates c. £2m a year and I don’t think it’s unreasonable for the club to be transparent on this to help supporters understand the position.

If the club are transparent then people will be more accepting if they miss out, but right now they are withholding information which will always raise suspicion.
We can work out the RSC allocations based on the tickets allocated per category as we know how many clubs of each category there are. I'm sure someone calculated the RSCs have got around 2000. Basically 10% of the allocation.

We had around 4k/5k more tickets to start with around 26k/27k as our initial allocation

I am group 1 and just made the initial sale by 50 points for the semi-final

Giving we don't have access to those tickets then the cut-off point was always going higher but maybe not as high as it ended

Only the club will know the breakdown

Just a theory though
Correct, me and my son joined MyGers this season when renewing our season tickets. We never got any Hampden tickets last year and therefore joined this season. I have had a season ticket since 1985, my son since 1992 (year of birth) and always been on CCS. Our points are just under 1500. This could be one reason for the points increase

It's entirely because loads more people have joined Priority Group 1. This is because of the European run last season and also because they failed to understand how Hampden was allocated and missed out on the Scottish Cup Semi & Final last season.

For the Aberdeen Semi Final this season, even with a big allocation the initial points drop was up at 762 which tells you how many people had joined Priority 1. And then since then the January points update has seen everyone gain 50 or 60 points on what they had when Aberdeen was allocated.

Yip. A better comparison for the Aberdeen game is the Hibs semi last year. Very similar starting allocations yet Hibs game started with half of group 2 being offered tickets.

I’d guess that nearly every Silver and Gold member is now on CCCS

As has already been pointed out, we received the entire North Stand vs Aberdeen in our initial allocation which means we received AT LEAST 5000 additional tickets compared to the final v Celtic. (And then we received even more from Sheep returning sections in the East Stand and South Upper)

And in reality the difference will be a lot more than 5000 tickets as Hampden will have retained a lot more of the debenture/hospitality seating in the South Stand for the Final.

No they havent.

Around 87% of tickets went to fans with the club retaining 13% for players, staff, hospitality.

Doubt there’s many clubs across the UK who when they are playing in a major final against their closest rivals that take less of a % for their own use.

Don’t think the club can be criticised for this one.
Define that? Is that all MyGers and supporters clubs? Clearly it isn't. There is no point putting a system in place but choosing when to and when not to use it based on a financial return model.

Correct, me and my son joined MyGers this season when renewing our season tickets. We never got any Hampden tickets last year and therefore joined this season. I have had a season ticket since 1985, my son since 1992 (year of birth) and always been on CCS. Our points are just under 1500. This could be one reason for the points increase
Yes once people realised how it now works

Hibs LC you should have been offered a chance as it down to Group 5 MyGers for that game

Define that? Is that all MyGers and supporters clubs? Clearly it isn't. There is no point putting a system in place but choosing when to and when not to use it based on a financial return model.

Mygers allocation + RSC allocation looks to be around that amount

Yeah he's saying that is the rough percentage that has gone to MyGers and RSCs combined.

RSCs got roughly 10% so MyGers will have got around 77%.

The bottom line is we will never know the exact breakdown for MyGers, RSC's, Hospitality and others but the Club need to come out and say there are no more tickets for MyGers or there will be a sale on xx Feb for 1266 down to xxxx. At least then people know where they are.

Aberdeen our allocation was roughly 25% more to start with than for the final

Then we were given an extra 6000 odd

The bottom line is we will never know the exact breakdown for MyGers, RSC's, Hospitality and others but the Club need to come out and say there are no more tickets for MyGers or there will be a sale on xx Feb for 1266 down to xxxx. At least then people know where they are.
The club will do that.

They’ll generally put something out to tell people it’s dropping, or that tickets have been sold out.

What was the difference in points threshold from Celtic semi to hearts final last year? My daughter got a ticket for the scum semi final last year and never got one for the hearts final and same again this year. Iirc there was around a 200 point difference between semi and final last year (initial points threshold) Was there thousands joined mygers inbetween those 2 games?

What was the difference in points threshold from Celtic semi to hearts final last year? My daughter got a ticket for the scum semi final last year and never got one for the hearts final and same again this year. Iirc there was around a 200 point difference between semi and final last year (initial points threshold) Was there thousands joined mygers inbetween those 2 games?
Hearts final started on 716, semi started on 470 not sure what they eventually dropped down too

Someone posted figures earlier in thread.

Sure it was 470 for Celtic and 740 for Hearts (in regions of)

Celtic - started 470 but dropped to top of Group 2 in the end

Hearts - 716 but dropped to 566

Once people had missed out they realised they had to either join the CCCS or MyGers to get into Group 1

I checked the website and west stand was showing as available just before 9am with all other stands saying “no general sale available” so I just assumed there were tickets left could be wrong tho mate
There were loads “available” like that for Liverpool away and there was never a drop

470 for the semi. 716 for the final. Those were the initial points, don't know what subsequent drops there were.

Loads joined MyGers during that period as we had made it to the Europa Semis and people started to realise they would have no chance of a ticket to the Europa final without MyGers.

Plus the allocation for a Scottish Cup Final is smaller than the semis because every SFA member club gets an allocation of tickets.

Exactly this, the folk complaining about not getting a ticket for this game, in hindsight should have appreciated being lucky to get one last season.

This is the correct answer.

Sadly it actually applies to me - as got tickets last year but not this.

Until I’ve a full 5 years of points it’ll remain that way.

Back