Tickets for the final

Baffling how many people simply don’t bother to read the actual requirements to get a ticket for this game

4 requirements needed
- ST holder
- on CCCS
- MyGers Member
- above the minimum points thresholds

It’s really not difficult to understand. If you don’t have 1 of the 4 of those you don’t qualify for a ticket

Many people joined mygers after we got to the Europa league final. It’s hardly a surprise it’s pushed the points up. Ok perhaps for some the club have done them out by taking more hospitality packages. But anyone below 1000 must’ve realised they had little chance of it reaching them.
I joined it to get a uefa cup final ticket. Luckily they with my points I had racked up before joining I qualified for the final and every one since.

Boys that have always went will get sorted.

Baffling how many people simply don’t bother to read the actual requirements to get a ticket for this game

4 requirements needed
- ST holder
- on CCCS
- MyGers Member

It’s really not difficult to understand. If you don’t have 1 of the 4 of those you don’t qualify for a ticket
I get the Argument folk living far away so CCCS is not ideal but end of the day surely you would just sign up to it to ensure you are guaranteed a ticket. Baffles me more when folk openly admit they know that’s what they need to do but haven’t bothered. What do they expect to happen.

CCCS if you're under 1000 points is basically a complete waste of money, better off knocking it on the head and paying the hospitality price for cup finals/50-50 Hampden split semi finals. Just signed up to Hampden hospitality email alerts just in case similar happens with the Scottish Cup.

Question - did the Aberdeen semi drop to non CCCS? If so just reinforces my point...
With that logic you're just going to not go to all the earlier rounds?

Wouldn't that make people glory hunters?

No wonder they dont have enough points if that's a genuine thought

I get the Argument folk living far away so CCCS is not ideal but end of the day surely you would just sign up to it to ensure you are guaranteed a ticket. Baffles me more when folk openly admit they know that’s what they need to do but haven’t bothered. What do they expect to happen.
Yeah the CCCS is an investment for me, I can't get to the game on Sunday but I've paid for it, I know that's a possibility when I sign up to it.

Anyone wondering why they didn’t make the magic number can check here (on a desktop!):

Plan to improve it eventually with comparison to the maximums of the main items at the very least (and make it look better!) But until then you’ll just have to ask someone with a good history to give you theirs and upload both.

I don’t see data at the moment but can see the website is getting used plenty!

Anyone wondering why they didn’t make the magic number can check here (on a desktop!):

Plan to improve it eventually with comparison to the maximums of the main items at the very least (and make it look better!) But until then you’ll just have to ask someone with a good history to give you theirs and upload both.

I don’t see data at the moment but can see the website is getting used plenty!
If you could somehow link it to minitab you could see a clear picture for comparison. Obviously you need to find the maximum total. Saying that, it would be a massive undertaking inputing the data.

That

It is proposed to move to 2027 I am sure though if it does happen
They haven't said that, all we got was a vague statement about the covid season dropping off which would be a lot earlier counting only 3 seasons.

They have done their usual by keeping it vague so we don't question it until later.

If you could somehow link it to minitab you could see a clear picture for comparison. Obviously you need to find the maximum total. Saying that, it would be a massive undertaking inputing the data.

I’ve never heard of minitab, good to know. I’d like to put some graphs on there for some sort of comparison at least to max ST’s and the other obvious ones if I can get a hold of max matches etc.

Don’t think I’d need to input all the data - just need a summary comparable with the one I’ve created.

It’s python so will probably use plotly or something similar for graphs.

Good feedback though, thanks!

It will be interesting to to see how this plays out over the next couple of years, regardless of whether MyGers stays at 5 years or drops to 3 years. As the years where 50 points were available for ticking cccs boxes drop off, I imagine huge numbers will be on very similar points.
I forecast for future 50/50 splits at Hampden, having full history of ST/MyGers/cccs/domestic away registration will not guarantee you a ticket - the determining factors in addition to these, will be euro aways and add ons.

It will be interesting to to see how this plays out over the next couple of years, regardless of whether MyGers stays at 5 years or drops to 3 years. As the years where 50 points were available for ticking cccs boxes drop off, I imagine huge numbers will be on very similar points.
I forecast for future 50/50 splits at Hampden, having full history of ST/MyGers/cccs/domestic away registration will not guarantee you a ticket - the determining factors in addition to these, will be euro aways and add ons.
Can see it having to go back to a ballot when it drops to 3 and there is tens of thousands that haven't bought add ons and are all close together

4 requirements needed
- ST holder
- on CCCS
- MyGers Member

Doesn't matter how much you explain people will still be moaning. Hopefully an OF SCF to come :D

One of the fundamental flaws in mygers is the inconsistency of allocations

For Hampden/European aways/Friendly aways top down to reward the “most loyal” is the methodology deployed.

However for domestic aways it is a ballot sometimes with predetermined criteria applied

Why not top Down to reward those who follow follow everywhere. ?

There are 45000 season ticket holders but only 22000 tickets for Hampden.

Using points to reward those who have bought the most tickets seems sensible but rewarding those who bought extras ( NEH/programmes etc) seems wrong in my opinion

Can see it having to go back to a ballot when it drops to 3 and there is tens of thousands that haven't bought add ons and are all close together
Will definitely happen but at the point it does happen, will people pay £40 to have an open ballot? Not sure I would be paying £40 to get given less tickets

For Hampden/European aways/Friendly aways top down to reward the “most loyal” is the methodology deployed.

However for domestic aways it is a ballot sometimes with predetermined criteria applied

Using points to reward those who have bought the most tickets seems sensible but rewarding those who bought extras ( NEH/programmes etc) seems wrong in my opinion
Why would they make every domestic away game top down? They’d literally be telling 47000 members that there’s zero point of being in mygers

Will definitely happen but at the point it does happen, will people pay £40 to have an open ballot? Not sure I would be paying £40 to get given less tickets
Exactly and we end up back where we were with an open ballot but this time we have to pay £40 to even get in

Sure we have spoke about this a good few times.

Cash is king as far as the club are concerned mate,i can see all mechandise including clothing etc points counting amongest other stuff soon.

Silly question I suppose and probably been asked before. The tickets that are on sale on the ticketing sites, are theses tickets handed over by bears for resale?
If they are, can we not find out who has sold the tickets on?
I just think £360 for a £49 ticket is a bit out.

the majority is unfortunately Rangers and Celtic fans selling their own ticket respectively

and no, the ‘tout’ website will not disclose who is sending the ticket.

Cash is king as far as the club are concerned mate,i can see all mechandise including clothing etc points counting amongest other stuff soon.
Nothing will be off limits, including the ability to buy points like a gift card idea. Will likely cap it on a maximum that can be gained through merchandise and extra points but if the people above you are buying it too, no one will go up. I don’t think people realise that they need to better the buying habits of people above them. If thousands are in a frenzy buying all sorts there will be little movement

It’s all a bit ridiculous really

except from selling more shite?

no chance the ballots come back
Just like they wouldn’t do ballots in each tier? It was going to be first come, first served for every game until the ross county fiasco. First come, first served only lasted that one game before they moved to rotational ballots

Just like they wouldn’t do ballots in each tier? It was going to be first come, first served for every game until the ross county fiasco. First come, first served only lasted that one game before they moved to rotational ballots

(for clarity, I mean for cup finals/semis)

why would they do the hard yards for years, establishing the scheme, only to give up on it at the moment of maximum leverage over the supporter?

Why would they make every domestic away game top down? They’d literally be telling 47000 members that there’s zero point of being in mygers
That’s sort of my point

They do it for all other away games but not domestic aways

People who are high pointers should get priority for all games

(for clarity, I mean for cup finals/semis)

why would they do the hard yards for years, establishing the scheme, only to give up on it at the moment of maximum leverage over the supporter?
Because in 2 years time if they move to a 3 year rolling period, it opens the scheme wide up meaning more would likely join the home cccs if they had an equal chance of the final.

All decisions they make will be based on what generates the most revenue for the club

That’s sort of my point

I disagree. Take Celtic out of the equation as it’s incomparable to other games due to the allocation. Hearts and arguably Aberdeen I’d agree could potentially be gold only. The rest are rightly split between tiers. Celtic could and possibly should be top down but the gold members missing out would have a fit if that happened. Same gold members that would be happy with games being top down if it benefitted them though

That’s sort of my point

but then no one else will ever become a high pointer - it makes it a closed shop as those who are high pointers will only continue to get more and more points making it impossible to every catch them up.

That being said I do agree with making certain games available to Gold only (Celtic away for example) someone on bronze (i know they don't get to currently) should be getting to go to that game ahead of someone who has accrued the points by going everywhere

but then no one else will ever become a high pointer - it makes it a closed shop as those who are high pointers will only continue to get more and more points making it impossible to every catch them up.

That being said I do agree with making certain games available to Gold only (Celtic away for example) someone on bronze (i know they don't get to currently) should be getting to go to that game ahead of someone who has accrued the points by going everywhere
It will be virtually impossible for people to overtake the people currently in the top 500-1000 of gold as you’ll have people there that go to the vast majority of European aways and/or buy the additional things. So making every game top down would basically confirm it as being a sub-tier within gold

i am only part of MyGers because I know I am on enough points to (all going well) guarantee me 4 Hampden tickets a year. I have accepted the fact that i will only ever get a handful of away games a season. I don't like it but I will live with it.

If I ever get to a point that my points total no longer guarantees me a ticket for Hampden then I think I'd probably bin MyGers tbh as you can generally pick up a handful away tickets a season anyway

Its mental that there were people on the rangers twitter page moaning cos they didn’t get the chance to buy a ticket even though they aren’t a st holder but there will be plenty of st holders missing out

Away will never be top down or there would no point in anyone below gold buying

Back