Tierney as Captain?

Was there anyone playing who is a club captain? Don’t think so, but could be wrong.

I grudgingly accept that he is a capable player but surely there needs to be a period of 'paying your dues first'? As has been said, Gordon, Berra, perhaps. Not Jack either if Im being honest although id rather it was him than Tierney!!

Who gives fuuck.

First game as captain and gets beat.

If we’d won he’d be worth £40M....oh, hold on.

He’ll now always be talked about as ‘Scotland captain’, ‘captain of his country’, ‘international captain’ etc etc by all the mhedia

He's a mentally challenged, he plays for paedo FC, he's the mhedia's current mentally challenged poster boy.

I'm ok with it, don't care too much tbh, but I'm not sat here pure fuming at the decision to make him captain, he's a very decent footballer.

Do the dhms get money for each of their players getting picked. I think that they do and that the SFA are ripping us off with the team selection

Guys, he's a player, you're going have to accept it. I remember McArthur and McCarthy getting slagged as diddies yet they've been EPL regulars for years.

Yes they have. They're not great players though really are they? Outside of the top 6 there's a much the same amongst most of these teams in my view.

Ki plays regularly for Swansea too. He's alright. Nothing great. Ledley was a starter for Palace as well, good player not great.

It's all about levels. Tierney probably could play in the premier league. He's probably be much the same as Hutton. Good at that level but not good enough for the elite level sides.

The SFA doing the business of the SFA.
It is now a business run by ........and for Filth FC.
They are barely distinguishable now, and both should just announce that they are one and the same.
It would clear so much up in Scotland.

Even the media reports and articles of games involving Celtc or Scotland are almost the same. Cheated when losing but with the "greatest fans in the world" and loved wherever they go.

So good in his natural position at his club he's given the national armband(hopefully with poppy on) and played somewhere else as scotland have a better lb than him:eek:
Please correct me if I'm wrong but he's that good they just find a place for him in the backline in a scotland jersey as he's now played rb and ch for scotland, yes they are trying to make this guy into a superstar whereas I think he's just the scottish izaguirre.

Yes they have. They're not great players though really are they? Outside of the top 6 there's a much the same amongst most of these teams in my view.

Ki plays regularly for Swansea too. He's alright. Nothing great. Ledley was a starter for Palace as well, good player not great.

It's all about levels. Tierney probably could play in the premier league. He's probably be much the same as Hutton. Good at that level but not good enough for the elite level sides.

This pretty much.

I can't believe that Rangers fans would buy into the hype around this guy.

On what planet are Man Utd et al going to splash out for £30 million for a guy who plays well in the SPL.

In the realms on the Scottish media, when Tierney captains Celtic v Kilmarnock in the league cup and scores a screamer, thats another £5 million on his value. It doesn't really work like that tho.

As I said above, with the money the English clubs have, your midtable West Hams etc could take a punt on Tierney at £10-12 million tops. He's probably about the level Sam Byram was at Leeds, think he went for about £5-6 Million to West Ham.

Back in the 90s, I used to love it when mentally challengeds claimed that they would cheer a McCoist goal for Scotland because "He's not a Rangers player when he plays for Scotland". I would think to myself "Aye he is!!!"

But you know what? The boy's a good player. A nice lad. Been brought up well. Polite. Patient with people asking for autographs.

There are worse things to applaud in life.

Tierney is the Scotland captain tonight.

He has my support.

I'm gonna bite - he ends up at Everton, bad move for the lad?

Couldn’t give a fuuck if it’s good or bad for him.

Also depends on Everton’s fortunes...not a stable team at the moment.

He’s no better than McCarthy or McArthur and will end up at a mid table club same as them...which is a success/step up for an SPL player as I see it.

Back in the 90s, I used to love it when mentally challengeds claimed that they would cheer a McCoist goal for Scotland because "He's not a Rangers player when he plays for Scotland". I would think to myself "Aye he is!!!"

But you know what? The boy's a good player. A nice lad. Been brought up well. Polite. Patient with people asking for autographs.

There are worse things to applaud in life.

Tierney is the Scotland captain tonight.

He has my support.
You like 19th Century Terrorists?

He'll never have my support - not completely. I just can't do it. Like 19th Century Terrorists all you want, not for this Bear

Well this bear is Scottish. So any 19th Century Terrorist who turns his back on plastic paddyism is a step in the right direction. I get it that you can't give him all your support. In that, you're probably right. I would never buy a "KT OK" pin badge, but when he plays for Scotland, he's playing for us...he's playing for me.

I'm ok with it, don't care too much tbh, but I'm not sat here pure fuming at the decision to make him captain, he's a very decent footballer.

Extra 2 0r 3 million minimum for the scum.
That simple.
He was never a captain tonight, at no point did he come near performing a captains role.

It’s the next little step in the process of billing him as a £50m superstar and whoring him out to Europe’s top clubs.

Corruption, plain and simple.
Give him a few Scotchland caps, make him a faux 'Captain' and then punt him on for an inflated fee, with the SFA taking a hefty kickback from it.
The Brazillians did it for years with Scheidt and the like.

Well this bear is Scottish. So any 19th Century Terrorist who turns his back on plastic paddyism is a step in the right direction. I get it that you can't give him all your support. In that, you're probably right. I would never buy a "KT OK" pin badge, but when he plays for Scotland, he's playing for us...he's playing for me.
For me, I think, there has just been too much hurt. Too much pain meted out to the Rangers. It feels like the last 5 years have taken a real toll on me.

Reactions: TQ3
Couldn’t give a fuuck if it’s good or bad for him.

Also depends on Everton’s fortunes...not a stable team at the moment.

He’s no better than McCarthy or McArthur and will end up at a mid table club same as them...which is a success/step up for an SPL player as I see it.
So, you would agree its a step up for him, he'll potentially improve, thus making Scotland a better side?

Back