Tierney is worth £40M, Man U & Bayern Munich will try sign him

I'm still waiting for a club to actually make an offer for any of their "multi million" pound players.

Tierney is a decent player however the poet media are building him up to be the next Marcelo

Latest rumour has it that PSG are going to offer 200m in next transfer window.

a player is only worth what another team is willing to pay.as yet there has been no bids for Tierney. he is a good player especially in a poor spl; but the truth is European teams have targeted him a weak defensively

He's a good young player but what the hell is going on with the media up here? Are they that clueless about the game they write about?

Most of them are working indirectly for Celtic. Placemen put there to be the 'voice of reason'. Every newspaper had a token tim at one time and were only to keep the mentalists happy. Because they don't like truthful reporting by honest journalists. Ronnie Cully of The Evening Times a perfect example.

One generation later we see more and more of their lies, deflection and spin which has damaged circulation figures by going down this road alienating Rangers fans with their Ripping Yarns, lol.

Celtic are also now paying £1 M to The Daily Rebel and will want to see more propaganda by a willing sports team.

The highly inflating figures of their players is no accident. It's designed to advertise their 'World Class Players'. It works well especially when we all know they are brought up on lies and brass neck tactics.

no one has offered 5 million for any of these 50 billion pound players yet says it all

We seem to go through this crap about the value of Celtic players every year and have done for the last 20 years at least.

If the kid is any good then someone will come in for him. If he was really good then it would already have happened. Fact is, he is a decent player but no world beater. He has had two years of 'exposure' in the CL group stages and no offers. That should tell us everything about his value.

Defensively he is terrible, found out in europe and when playing for scotland, see the 3-0 slovakia game when ALL 3 goals were his fault.

He is decent going forward, but id honestly rather have tav offensively than him.

He goes down south and he gets found out and is back up the road within 12 months.

Seen a post on twitter yesterday.

Tierney 10 games 1 goal 1 assist
Tav 10 games 1 goal 5 assists

One barely gets a mention most weeks and half of us struggle to make out minds up if he's any good or not, while the other is on the radar of the biggest clubs in Europe. Don't make me laugh. It's almost as bad as radio Scotland yesterday pissing their pants at how great the yahoo's are while mentioning our result and skipping over the performance like it was a result from the local pub league.

I'd absolutely love nothing better than to wreck their season this year and I don't really care how we manage it to do it.

Can they honestly say Tierney looks any better than Alan Hutton when he was at us that last season? He doesnt.
Hutton was like fucking Maicon for us in that Champions League run vs Lyon and Stuttgart.

And even he was shown up when he went South to Spurs. The difference in opposition player quality is massive.

Spurs wrote off £9m basically. There is no way a team is going to gamble £40m on a maybe signing. No chance in hell.

I think they will get 15-20 M for him. Although, hrs such a big tim I can see him staying until his contract if finished. Then leave on a bosman

I'll go against the drift on this one, having seen the money spent by several English clubs this year on relatively ordinary players. Tierney is a good player and there is no point in any of us trying to kid ourselves he is not. I, personally, don't agree with the £40m valuation but the market down there is crazy.

It's laughable that a guy gets paid to write that shite, £40 million for a full back in the SPL :D

Gordon Waddell is a Grade A Fanny.

Man City spent £54 for Kyle Walker, and established England international fullback who played well in a Tottenham side that just finished 2nd in the EPL.

By that reckoning you’d have to say they could expect no more than £15-20m for him.

why ?
He's a good player, but the paper is playing to its target audience. There are very few teams for Tierney. Many can't afford him ( I think they could get £20m for him),the top teams are unlikely to buy in Scotland.

Bottom line is they have never bought or sold a player in that price bracket . They are very good at talking about it right enough.

Can they honestly say Tierney looks any better than Alan Hutton when he was at us that last season? He doesnt.
Hutton was like fucking Maicon for us in that Champions League run vs Lyon and Stuttgart.

And even he was shown up when he went South to Spurs. The difference in opposition player quality is massive.

Spurs wrote off £9m basically. There is no way a team is going to gamble £40m on a maybe signing. No chance in hell.

That's a good point to make. Hutton was superb for us for a couple of seasons and Tierney has not come near that level yet.

Hutton, as you say, was up there holding his own, and dishing it out in the Champions League. Their then shining light McGeady was terrified of him and couldn't get the better of him.

Just more sickening propoganda we need to put up with alongside all the other shite for now. The best thing we can do is make our team better and beat them and the others more and have them under pressure again and prove their players are not what they wish they were.

According to Gordon Waddell in the Sunday Liam. :eek:

:D:D:D

Heard all this before with Dembele haven’t we and he’s still ar Sellick. Tierney is a good player at SPL level but could he do it week in week out in a really good league. To be worth £40m that’s exactly what you’d need to do.

Thought Tierney was that much of a sellick man that he would never leave them, therefore any valuation is irrelevant.
He is a decent player, but a move to a top team will see him benched at best

He gets kept out of his position for Scotland by a £10m player that can’t get a game for Liverpool. Go figure.

He isn’t kept out of LB by Robertson. He plays RB for Scotland cause he is versatile and can cover there. Doesn’t make him a 40m wonder player mind you!!

Funnily enough, Hutton has been playing LB (very well) for villa recently!!

If hoofing the ball the way you're facing, not being great defensively, not great attacking makes you a £40m pound player then thats exactly what he is.

He's lightyears behind a Sasa Papac never mind an Arthur Numan. But he's the new mentally challenged flavour of the month for the media.

They do keep going on about the high value of these players. Yet, nobody actually seems to be making any concrete moves to show even interest. No real quotes from any team that they think that these players are anything genuinely worth considering.

Tierney is a decent young player. He's going to be a good player but nothing more than that - he really isn't that much more outstanding that most of the decent left backs out there. I can't even really see where the fuss is coming from - very rarely does the boy actually stand out as anything other that doing his job.

Dembele is the same. A good player and a good striker. Anything special? Absolutely not even close. If he was he would have been at a bigger club by now and wouldn't have came from where he did in the first place.

I know it's all about the Scottish media trying to big up Celtic players. At Celtic's instruction of course but it's quite sad. If a club wants these players they could get them for less - it is possible some English club with no realistic transfer market to work on and far too much money to spend might end up giving Celtic a fair whack for either of these two but that's their own stupid fault - they could get them for less.

Nothing much to get beat up about with gordon waddell the supposed to be falkirk man but really a poet arse licker at the Liam.

Musta said somethin to upset the Japanese now he's sookin the tims baws in repentance.

Just like auld cratur face four priests kheevins.

why ?

Bottom line is they have never bought or sold a player in that price bracket . They are very good at talking about it right enough.

We sold Hutton for £8-9m a good few years back, and the market is much inflated. No way he’s worth £40m, but it’s gotta be at least as much as that? Probably a bit more.

Most of them are working indirectly for Celtic. Placemen put there to be the 'voice of reason'. Every newspaper had a token tim at one time and were only to keep the mentalists happy. Because they don't like truthful reporting by honest journalists. Ronnie Cully of The Evening Times a perfect example.

One generation later we see more and more of their lies, deflection and spin which has damaged circulation figures by going down this road alienating Rangers fans with their Ripping Yarns, lol.

Celtic are also now paying £1 M to The Daily Rebel and will want to see more propaganda by a willing sports team.

The highly inflating figures of their players is no accident. It's designed to advertise their 'World Class Players'. It works well especially when we all know they are brought up on lies and brass neck tactics.
Eh, are they??

We sold Hutton for £8-9m a good few years back, and the market is much inflated. No way he’s worth £40m, but it’s gotta be at least as much as that? Probably a bit more.

It's all talk until someone makes a bid.

As far as l am aware no one has.

Again they are good at talking

If we believed all the hype they have three players worth over 60 million but can't win a champions league game at home.

Seen a post on twitter yesterday.

Tierney 10 games 1 goal 1 assist
Tav 10 games 1 goal 5 assists

One barely gets a mention most weeks and half of us struggle to make out minds up if he's any good or not, while the other is on the radar of the biggest clubs in Europe. Don't make me laugh. It's almost as bad as radio Scotland yesterday pissing their pants at how great the yahoo's are while mentioning our result and skipping over the performance like it was a result from the local pub league.

I'd absolutely love nothing better than to wreck their season this year and I don't really care how we manage it to do it.
Had the misfortune to tune into Radio Scotland after the raids game.Celtic control all their games that's it's why no one has even came close to beating them in Scotland nothing to do with crap opposition.

When you look at what wanyama went for (12.5) and the fact Tierney has signed a new deal and Celtics figures are so healthy, I would imagine they will get around the 20 mark for him when he eventually goes

That's just the way transfers are these days. 20 mill is %^*& all to English clubs
I don't care what figure was banded about up here but Wanyama went to Spurs for a reported £11m. There is no way Southampton lost money.

Andy Robertson has been picked ahead of him at left back for Scotland and has consistently performed well at international level. He has performed well in the EPL and joined Liverpool for £10m.

Can someone please explain to me how Tierney is worth FOUR times that after a couple of good years in Scotland and being part of a defence who have conceded 26 goals in 10 Champions League fixtures?

The Scottish mhedia are as boring as %^*&. The same old shit year after year after year. No wonder all their rags are on their last legs.

We have had this crap from Celtc apologists for years....The young guy is a good player but £40 mill common to feck?....He has the odd good game in Europe and Internationals,but who will pay that amount of money for a someone who plays the majority of their good games in Scotland?...They would need to be mad?

This is all reminiscent of the days when our media had Paul McStay as the hottest property in Europe.

From memory the only actual tentative sign of interest was from Udinese.

If it was just a case of patriotically talking up Scottish players and our game it would be understandable but I can't think of a single time a Rangers player was so lauded.

It's like the nodding dog you see on the back of car parcel shelves

Mythical valuation started by Sutton / Hartson then followed on by likewise apologists in the Scottish mhedia in the written press

Imagine izaqueerie and Kayal leaving on a free especially when they're worth 10 million

Their propaganda is hysterical

There's a reason they've received no bids for the wonder boy. He isn't that good against good opposition
got it in one mate for feck sake every comic newspaper in this backwater should be called the smeltic view it might as well be

Last Monday on RC he was 20 mil.

By Wed show it was 30mil.

Today from Waddell the Rangers hating bigot it's 40 mil.

Could not give them a brassneck with a blowtorch.
look you have to remember that mental health issues are on the increase so give him some slack lol

Back