Tierney world class?

Taking off the blue tinted specs I'd say he's quite decent, good enough to get a move to a mid - lower end EPL team. Against SPFL standard opposition he's a stand out but plenty players like that have gone on to fail down south.

Overhyped and overrated - absolutely. The Sellick Mhedia PR Machine has put a lot of effort with this one.

I think the lad is a good player, and certainly would do well for a mid-table EPL side. Last night summed up the idiocy of Sutton, though

"I think Mbappe vs. Tierney will be an intriguing battle"

I mean, come on. It's Kylian Mbappe we're talking about here. As good as Tierney is, he is a million miles away from that level. The ignorance in some quarters is breathtaking

Tierney is a good player but not a great player .He may well develop at a top club but then again he may disappear when the next flavour of the month appears.

He didn't become world class until they needed the mhedia to push another player forward as the big 40million pound superstar, now that they have realised dumbelles value is decreasing at a rapid rate.

totally agree, but all we have listened to from the MSM is his how this guy is the best FB Scotland has produced since SJ and DMc, total nonsense

He's so good Liverpool decided to splash out on another Scottish Left Back that played for Hull instead.

Maybe they were put off by the ÂŁ40m pricetag...

He's a decent enough player, not as good as Robertson though. That said I think a few better fullbacks this season will torn to shreds by that PSG team so I'm not sure that's a fair match to judge a player on.

Fair comment, I'll judge him on that away leg vs Astana where they targeted him and they put 4 past Celtic.

Funnily enough I was talking about Tierney to one of them the other day.

Granted I've only seen him a handful of times against us and a couple of Scotland games but I genuinely don't get the hype. Possibly doing him an injustice as not seen him in other games but he strikes me as the "next wonderkid" in the same vein as Burchill, Fulton et al.

He's decent.............leave it at that.

Every player that they bring through is a "Wonderbhoy" or "The new so and so"........

Simon Donnelly
Mark Burchill
David Marshall
Stewart Kerr
Stevie Fulton

In fact, just googled "Wonderbhoy"............

Tierney
Aitchison
Dembele
Islam Feruz (onto page 2 now)
Barry Coffey (Who???)
Graeme Morrison (Who???? 1997???)
James Forrest (Page 3 of course)

He's decent.............leave it at that.

Every player that they bring through is a "Wonderbhoy" or "The new so and so"........

Simon Donnelly
Mark Burchill
David Marshall
Stewart Kerr
Stevie Fulton

In fact, just googled "Wonderbhoy"............

Tierney
Aitchison
Dembele
Islam Feruz (onto page 2 now)
Barry Coffey (Who???)
Graeme Morrison (Who???? 1997???)
James Forrest (Page 3 of course)

Liam Miller being another.

Let's not kid ourselves. He is a decent player but not the player he's being made out to be. It's the compliant media doing liewells dirty work and hyping the player up for an over inflated transfer fee when he eventually leaves.

Kiernan and Ralston were like the chuckle brothers last night!! All they needed was a prop to complete their tribute act ...

Being on the wrong side of 40 I can say without any hesitation that the scum have always had it in their dna to think they are far better than they actually are and again it will be their downfall.

Decent defender but always seems a safety first/clear your lines sort. Good going forward but wouldn't be anywhere near any top 10 english teams. Remember they hyped up some midfield lad years ago who went to Man U on a free (Roy Keane recommended him) and he went on to do absolutely nothing.

Tierney would need to move to a middle to bottom EPL club and improve. He is part of a very leaky defence when they play in europe.

He's the usual overrated Celtic superstar. We have seen it all before with Fulton, Creaney, Birchill etc. They hype them up and stupidly compare them to genuine world class footballers, it's laughable. He's a decent prospect and that's about it, he will probably go on to have a good career but to compare him to Kenny Dalgliesh isn't even funny

He's a good young defender.

Let's get our own house in order before we start laughing at their players. He was torn apart by guys costing 200m, we were knocked out by Progres. It's a bit like laughing at your mate's choice of wallpaper whilst you're living in a bin.

Hes better attacking than he is at defending

Good player but not as good as he's being made out to be - they hype them up in the hope an EPL club dives in with a big money offer - will sell and get good money for him

Scottish mhedia happy to play along as usual
This sums it up perfectly.

Let's get our own house in order before we start laughing at their players. He was torn apart by guys costing 200m, we were knocked out by Progres. It's a bit like laughing at your mate's choice of wallpaper whilst you're living in a bin.
Is it,aye,

Andrew Robertson at Liverpool is nowhere near world class and he is the best Scottish LB we have by some distance.

He is a promising young player and will go for a decent fee when he eventually leaves. It will be interesting to see him up against Candeias next week as that battle could be crucial.

Plus he was up against the best young player in world football in the form of Mbappe.
I doubt he'll get a move South.

It's easy to become "World Class" when you play for Celtic and have an entire countries media behind you.
And when he has an "outstanding" game against Accies, Thistle and that Ilk, scores a couple of goals then another ÂŁ5 million is added to his already ridiculous valuation.

Never world class and agree with the poster that said Robertson was a better player. The Scottish media would have you believe he is a cross between Roberto Carlos and Dani Alves. Na!

Good player being hyped up by the dutiful Scottish hacks. Unfortunately for the Scum teams in the EPL are wising up

Decent young player hyped up by Lawwell's press monkeys. Good going forward, questionable defender under pressure (as shown last night)

I think he can be got at in the OF game

It's the same old story. He will look world class when coming up against Scottish opposition week in, week out. When he's up against a genuine world class team then he will be shown up for being a good Scotland player - no more, no less.

He's the best player they've brought through in many years

That doesn't necessarily say much btw

Strange analogy

Oh, I don't know, I think he could give Robertson a run for his money - but, to be fair, Davie Robertson has been a long time retired.

Well that post ticks all the boxes.

Back