Tierney world class?

A solid player ain't anywhere near world class
It's the Scottish mhedia that heap that praise on him

WATP

He's a decent enough player, but not world class yet.
What do you mean "yet"?
He has been bummed up to the high doe by the Tim ass kissing mhedia to the extent of making you puke.
He will never be world class, even saying it sounds ridiculous.

What am I reading here? Let's not even mention him as a potential for world class. He's marginally better than lee Wallace ffs.

Guys like Danny Rose are light years ahead of him and aren't even close to being considered world class.

There's not a RB or LB in the EPL that he's better than. Look at the goals they conceded in the last 2 euro games. He's sleeping. The reason is you get away with that in Scotland. Your decision making cannot reach that level in Scotland because of the opposition.

He is the best in the Scottish Leagues and, at 20, has potential to get a bit better. Don`t think he`ll ever be regarded as exceptional and he`ll certainly never be world class.

He's a good player, but in a media environment that was exploding with sexual ecstasy at Dembele's proposed value last year, there is no self control or awareness when discussing Celtic player value or worth.

He is a fair player within Scotland but world class, do me a favour, lacks real pace and has poor positional sense, he will be continually exposed when he plays in Europe, any quick player will give him problems, remember Rhahim Sterling absolutely roasting him last season.

Not world class, but a very good left back.

Pains me to admit it, but possibly the best left back to have played in Scotland since Arthur Numan.

No point in kidding ourselves.

As for the rest of their back four. .... well that's a different story.
We can definitely get at them.
think your kidding yourself with that statement for feck sake

we know he is a good player but wait till they start shouting about the other on e at right back for scotland and it will not be that long

Just part of the media build up to add value to his fee .Tried and trusted septic tactic keep saying something until it becomes accepted ,even though there is no basis other than their slabbering

I think the boy has the potential to be a top player. But I still think he will be on a losing team at Ibrox

He's not even Scotland's 1st pick left back. He may play at right back there but he doesnt have a right foot and gets found out there.

If we are being honest the lad is a decent player. He is not world class but can play at a higher level than he is just now. He can still develop. No point in saying he is shite because he plays for them. That is timmy behaviour.

over hyping average players is what the yahoos do aided and abetted by an attentive press!

Wasn't so long ago Biton was world class also

Then there was

Kayal , Izaqueerie, Stefan Johanson , Gary Hooper , Tom Rogic ....

The list is endless , that's the Scottish press for you

Remember when they said Izaguirre would be off to Man Utd for £15m+, this will be another case of that where he does alright for them, they say he's worth silly money and he either stays and becomes a mainstay in their team, or goes off to the likes of West Brom.

No one playing in Scotland is world class. If they were they'd be playing in a decent league. It really is that simple.

Not world class, but a very good left back.

Pains me to admit it, but possibly the best left back to have played in Scotland since Arthur Numan.

No point in kidding ourselves.

As for the rest of their back four. .... well that's a different story.
We can definitely get at them.

He's not even half the player Sasa Papac was in all honesty. I'd argue he's not been as good as Izaguirre was for them when he first arrived either.

Some of the other "newspaper" quotes are so funny

Daily Mail - Scott Brown will have to be at his best in order to put the shackles on Neymar

Daily Mail - Just look at the attacking options Rodgers has; Scott Sinclair, Patrick Roberts and James Forrest. Leigh Griffiths, Odsonne Edouard and, perhaps, Moussa Dembele. That's a front line which will create chances and take them.

Daily Mail - Celtic geared up for the Champions League encounter with a convincing win over Hamilton

Has PSG put a bid in for him yet ? £20 million should just be enough to prise him away from C*llic.
No laughing there at the back !

A friend of a friend who's a beggar dropped it in to conversation around CL semi final time last season, that only Mbappe and Dybala were better younger players in Europe than Tierney was at that time. Seemed genuinely taken aback at our ridicule of his claim.

The mind of the yahoo is a strange place.

we know he is a good player but wait till they start shouting about the other on e at right back for scotland and it will not be that long
f-ck me i was kind of joking about the right back ,just seen it in the daily mail that everton have been watching him since last season ,you could not make this sh-te up

A friend of a friend who's a beggar dropped it in to conversation around CL semi final time last season, that only Mbappe and Dybala were better younger players in Europe than Tierney was at that time. Seemed genuinely taken aback at our ridicule of his claim.

The mind of the yahoo is a strange place.

He must have forgotten about Andy Robertson.

Yep mate would agree Papac was a better FB.

Stand corrected on that.

As I've said previously, he's a good player, but never in a million years world class.
Yeah I think he's decent Tbh and lets not forget he's still a boy in relative terms i think hes a cut above in scottish terms but there is a gulf between where he is and European level never mind world as evidenced on a most enjoyable last evening

The clamour by the dhims and media alike (same thing really) to elevate him to world class status is hilarious.
I heard some walloper compare him to Sandy Jardine and Danny McGrain ffs!!!
I only saw the goals on the news last night but it looked like he was 10-15 yards off the pace/out of position for Mbappe's goal. Surely any player who is as good as we are told he is would have relished last night and stood out?
Ralston also deserves a mention for his embarrassing windmill run as he trailed in Neymar's wake at the first goal.
I'm sure the dhims will have the "they're only kids excuses" out again that is until the next time one of them scores against Ross County or similar and the fantastical claims will start again...

How the mhedia change their tune ,...from talking up the value of individual sellick players eg Dembele £40 million to ludicrous amounts for other poops ....the spin is now the team that Brenda put together for less than £20 milllion against the extravagant free spending Frenchmen.Life is a bitch ,eh.

Sorry thats just a ridiculous assumption

What's ridiculous about it? It's a fairly accurate observation. We have a terrible league, terrible national team. Scottish players do not have the drive to be the very best. Do you honestly think we have Scottish players wiling to give up as much as Ronaldo has to become one of the greatest players ever.

Scottish coaching at young ages is that far behind everyone else it's almost impossible for the players to catch up with players from mainland Europe.

f uck off your havin a laff!!!!!!!!, looked like a schoolboy out there against decent opposition.

He will be like the rest of their superstars and showing off how great they are in league 1 in a few seasons for a middke of the tabke club.

He is a good player theres no doubt about that.but the media in scotland have hyped him up due to the fact he plays for celtic.

He is a good player unfortunately, hope to be shown up on that opinion by him getting a roasting from candias and windass next weekend

Some of the other "newspaper" quotes are so funny

Daily Mail - Scott Brown will have to be at his best in order to put the shackles on Neymar

Daily Mail - Just look at the attacking options Rodgers has; Scott Sinclair, Patrick Roberts and James Forrest. Leigh Griffiths, Odsonne Edouard and, perhaps, Moussa Dembele. That's a front line which will create chances and take them.

Daily Mail - Celtic geared up for the Champions League encounter with a convincing win over Hamilton

11jaypw.jpg

As an aside, HTF do people know whether he's world class or even any good?

I wouldn't know him if he ws sitting beside me and I dont remember any standout moments against us? If he was good in the abortion of a last game at Ibrox then obviously I've wiped it from the memory banks

I cant believe anything that any "mheeja" in Scotland say as they have been repeatedly shown to be TWATS.

So is he really any good?

Last edited:
How the mhedia change their tune ,...from talking up the value of individual sellick players eg Dembele £40 million to ludicrous amounts for other poops ....the spin is now the team that Brenda put together for less than £20 milllion against the extravagant free spending Frenchmen.Life is a bitch ,eh.
Was thinking the same for last couple of years they've been valuing every player at upwards of 10 mil, now media are downplaying it after the biggest pummelling I have ever seen.

Tierney is decent within scottish football, however thats it. I see as well they're trying to flog Ralston to Everton for £10m, along with their friends in the meda, despite him getting ripped a new one on Tuesday night. Celtics PR machine is their biggest asset.

Tbf better players than him will get torn to shreds by m'bappe over the next few years. He's a good player up here but he'd probably be a decent EPL player at best...Maybe for Southampton, which is inevitably where he'll end up.

Back