Tillman – Potentially The Best Player In The Country

Another benefitting from the change in management and style.

I think that is pretty much a universal benefit at the moment to all in the team.

in Beales fairly short time in charge i think its fair to say no player looks to have regressed and pretty much all have either returned to there levels or moved up a level from what we have seen previously.

I assume it was Roy Maakays links with Bayern that first put us on to him, if so then much like Pedro/JJ leaving us Morelos, Gio/Maakay have done us a massive favour, he is exceptional.

Let's hope he wants to stick around, the only thing stopping it happening will be if he gets offers elsewhere.

Don't think so. Think it was our German based scout who put us onto him.

With regards to his stamina, he likely didn't do a proper pre season, would would think with a full pre season for us he will increase his base levels.

Tillman – Potentially The Best Player In The Country​

he is
and we must sign him, next year he will run amok given the chance

The OP nailed this one on the head. Tillman has quality and will only get better. Sign him up Rangers.

With regards to his stamina, he likely didn't do a proper pre season, would would think with a full pre season for us he will increase his base levels.

I don't think any of players done a proper pre-season. Look at the difference in fitness levels pre world cup to now. Tillmans fitness has jumped ten fold since Beale and his team have come in. He was blowing out of his arse by 60 mins under Gio in every game.

Look gave us the Scottish Cup back and that road to Seville which we will always be grateful for but he fucked the league up last year and he fucked the league for us this year with some strange signings and clearly not getting our players fit enough for the season.

A full fit Tillman to me is the best player in this league. He just has this swagger about him, he is strong, decent in the air, an for goal, an eye for a pass, he can beat players, he has pace, he works hard, well harder now because he is clearly fitter.

I don't think any of players done a proper pre-season. Look at the difference in fitness levels pre world cup to now. Tillmans fitness has jumped ten fold since Beale and his team have come in. He was blowing out of his arse by 60 mins under Gio in every game.

Look gave us the Scottish Cup back and that road to Seville which we will always be grateful for but he fucked the league up last year and he fucked the league for us this year with some strange signings and clearly not getting our players fit enough for the season.

A full fit Tillman to me is the best player in this league. He just has this swagger about him, he is strong, decent in the air, an for goal, an eye for a pass, he can beat players, he has pace, he works hard, well harder now because he is clearly fitter.
He's a good player and a prospect for the future but he's not best player in the league. That's ridiculous.

I dont know if Rangers can afford him but we simply must find a way.

Rarely could we be in a position to acquire such a talent like this and that considered, the fee isnt actually too large given the limitless potential.

If he doesnt get signed itll be a massive disappointment because in a 100% Beale Team he could run riot for us.

Don't know if it has been mentioned but he is now getting more Involved off the ball.He had a decent turn of speed chasing down Barrie Mackay when wee Barrie had his scoring chance.I think it was Tillmans presence that stopped him cutting inside on to his right foot and possibly prevented a better scoring chance.

Still undecided however his cute reverse passing on the edge of the box is a superb asset he's delivered quite a few telling passes of that precision .

Best that springs to mind was to Scott Wright at the death of the game on the 2nd Jan , had he not been caught by a marginal.offside he was already clean through on goal the run was almost perfect but for a bawhair off .

Tillmans back heeler into space is another asset our forward line should be onto more often especially around the edge of the box the more these type of passes become the norm it will unlock these stuffy defences the forwards and midfield just have to make the run or demand it in space .

Like others see the potential is there but again last night is the best we've played and we've had the likes of Kent and Lowry avaliable but only now does the team start to click it may now be at the expense of the likes of Lowry which I think is unfair given he has superb potential and can also deliver outstanding passes infield and through the middle as well as look to take the ball from throw ins or hanging on the wing easily able to connect with a full back or receive from a CM not something Beale has utilised imo when the option was there.
Now with the arrival of Cantwell and Raskin it certainly puts the midfield and wing man Kent on notice whilst a good thing we may have hard choices to make and is four months a fair assesment for those who may stay two years and those undecided like Kent could ultimately impact one of our own who is home grown as the chances of being bred further against a loan out deal in Lowry's case may as previously impact what could potentially be more beneficial in the long run.

Last edited:
He's getting better and stronger every week. I'd be proper gutted if we somehow don't manage to keep him at Rangers.

I was speaking to a Bayern fan a few weeks back who said that his brother Timothy was rated even higher when they were younger. Apparently Bayern had a tough job keeping him amid interest from Barca, Real Madrid, Man United etc. It didn't really pan out for him and he's now in BL2.

I have to say also, Beale deciding to play him in central midfield has been a masterstroke. Adds a much more positive and attacking dimension to our team, and is going to develop him into a complete all-rounder.

Not just his undoubted skill and vision, but he is getting fouled all over the place falling down and still wins the ball before getting a stamp on the ankle.

Not just the best player in Scotland, the best player in fucking Europe. He’s Malik you knowwww

Our best player by a considerable distance.

Only Goldson gets anywhere near him in terms of their importance to this team.

Back