Tillman: Already a deal to buy in place?

I hope we get him. Only problem is he won't be here that long, he's too good for this league. 2 years max I'd say.
I wouldn’t worry about that just yet. We hear this about nearly every player that comes in. In reality very few of them end up being too good for the league. Let’s get him signed up if he wants to stay and see what happens

The Bayern buy-back option is no problem at all, despite it limiting our potential profit on him. If they ever decide to use it, he'll have been some f*cking player for us.

Problem obviously is whether he decides to stay or not. No-brainer for me, despite his non-performances against Celtic (so far).

Are you 3 years old?
images

If Beale is saying the Wilson is speaking to Bayern in background, then I don’t think a deal is done.

Would be nothing to speak about otherwise.

They may have the buy back option, but nothing can force him to re sign for them can it ;)
What happens in that case is they sign and sell him on almost immediately pocketing the difference between their agreed buy back and market value

I would love to see a performance against them to be honest, think he’s a huge talent but at suggested £5m we need players that can hurt them, ultimately that will be what decides how successful, or otherwise, we are domestically

In saying that he’s young and can be developed, best position is as far up the park as we can get him, very calm in penalty area and we don’t have many who are

If Beale is saying the Wilson is speaking to Bayern in background, then I don’t think a deal is done.

Would be nothing to speak about otherwise.
Who said Wilson was talking to Bayern? I don't think that's what Beale is saying mate unlkess there's more said elsewhere. That's not the quote in post #53. I think it more likely any talks were with the player himself.

EDIT: Just seen the other thread that says talking to Bayern.

We do have an option as the club announced.

Rumour is £5m to buy, Bayern has a buy back of £10m or 15% of any sell on.
Wilson will be doing what he does. Remember he is the one who managed to renegotiate the Hagi deal under similar circumstances. Something he never gets credit for these days but it was a shrewd move at the time so I remember.

Wilson will be doing what he does. Remember he is the one who managed to renegotiate the Hagi deal under similar circumstances. Something he never gets credit for these days but it was a shrewd move at the time so I remember.

Yip he managed to agree a lower fee to buy him. I always wondered if we offered a sell on fee to achieve this or if finances after Covid was the reason.

What happens in that case is they sign and sell him on almost immediately pocketing the difference between their agreed buy back and market value
No offence but there’s non stop pish week after week about this loan deal

1. He’s on a one season loan deal

2. He’s a Bayern player with a contract for at least 2 years

3. We have an option to buy at £5m IF we can agree terms with the player

4. If we are successful Bayern can still invoke the buy back clause at £10m

why can’t we just accept this and wait for his decision?

Agreed fee if Rangers wish to purchase when his loan expires (touted between €5-6m) with Bayern having an exclusive buy-back option of €12m.

It's a no brainer, he is obviously thought of very highly by Bayern, he's a must buy imo.

We paid £6.5m for Kent and Tillman is a far more productive player, worth it for £5m.

I think our biggest problem will be convincing Tillman to sign for us permanently, playing against hammer throwing thugs with hardly any protection by card shy refs will probably put him off wanting to stay.
The lad looked really p!saed off today a few times when he got whacked by thugs and that cheating bast@rd Robertson did nothing.

I suppose it depends on what story you believe.

“Die Roten may end up losing Tillman permanently next summer. According to SportBild’s Christian Falk (via iMiaSanMia), Rangers is expected to take up the option to buy the forward permanently next summer. Rangers will end up paying €7 million for Malik Tillman.”

No offence but there’s non stop pish week after week about this loan deal

1. He’s on a one season loan deal

2. He’s a Bayern player with a contract for at least 2 years

3. We have an option to buy at £5m IF we can agree terms with the player

4. If we are successful Bayern can still invoke the buy back clause at £10m

why can’t we just accept this and wait for his decision?
I've never understood this kind of "option to buy" deal. For example, let's say we go through all 4 of your points. But let's say that Bayern have been impressed by his development, so they pay us 10 million to take him back there. So he ends up back at Bayern; we are 5 million richer, Bayern, 5 million poorer. Seems straightforward enough, but...

Right now, he's still a Bayern player. And (same as above), let's say that Bayern have been impressed by his development. What's to stop Bayern contacting his agent next week, and telling his agent that they'll pay Malik a 1 million bonus NOT to agree terms with Rangers? Malik accepts. So, he doesn't agree terms, we don't sign him, and he returns to Bayern. They are 1 million poorer (instead of 5 million), he's 1 million richer, and we are financially "neutral".

Or does the "deal" include an agreement that Bayern can't do that? (And if it does, honestly, I doubt that agents & clubs are averse to behind-the-scenes contact).

Would he agree terms with Bayern if they made the offer though? Cracking money and all but if he was to be down the pecking order with them he may agree elsewhere. Not sure if he can do that, reject them and take an offer somewhere else for a bigger fee?

I've never understood this kind of "option to buy" deal. For example, let's say we go through all 4 of your points. But let's say that Bayern have been impressed by his development, so they pay us 10 million to take him back there. So he ends up back at Bayern; we are 5 million richer, Bayern, 5 million poorer. Seems straightforward enough, but...

Right now, he's still a Bayern player. And (same as above), let's say that Bayern have been impressed by his development. What's to stop Bayern contacting his agent next week, and telling his agent that they'll pay Malik a 1 million bonus NOT to agree terms with Rangers? Malik accepts. So, he doesn't agree terms, we don't sign him, and he returns to Bayern. They are 1 million poorer (instead of 5 million), he's 1 million richer, and we are financially "neutral".

Or does the "deal" include an agreement that Bayern can't do that? (And if it does, honestly, I doubt that agents & clubs are averse to behind-the-scenes contact).
In your scenario, he returns to Bayern after this season, which is the players right.
But then where does he play? He's not getting first team football so they'll be loaning him out again or selling him.

They may well be impressed by his development, so why not sell, let him continue to develop, play meaningful games in top European competitions and use the buy back option if they so desire.

They're not going to offer Malik a million quid to stay, he's already their player.

In your scenario, he returns to Bayern after this season, which is the players right.
But then where does he play? He's not getting first team football so they'll be loaning him out again or selling him.

They may well be impressed by his development, so why not sell, let him continue to develop, play meaningful games in top European competitions and use the buy back option if they so desire.

They're not going to offer Malik a million quid to stay, he's already their player.
If they don't want him, then it's clear how it goes (assuming we can agree terms with him).

But if they DO want him (which was the basis of my post), then it's cheaper for them to offer him 1 million to turn down our terms, than to let him agree terms with us, so we we buy him, then pay us 10 million for him.

Bottom line is that I just don't understand these deals (maybe because I, like others on FF, have no information about the the actual details of the deal, other than press / club summaries).

Last edited:
If they don't want him, then it's clear how it goes (assuming we can agree terms with him).

But if they DO want him (which was the basis of my post), then it's cheaper for them to offer him 1 million to turn down our terms, than to let him agree terms with us, so we we buy him, then pay us 10 million for him.

Bottom line is that I just don't understand these deals (maybe because I, like others on FF, have no information about the the actual details of the deal, other than press / club summaries).
If they want him to stay at Bayern, they just need to tell him so, but he's going to be looking to play football which won't happen there in the short term.

In your scenario, you also have to remember that Bayern are paying the players wages.
If he signs for Rangers, then they get £5m, we pay his wages, plus they have the buy back.

Financially, there is nothing to gain for Bayern, but potentially they could stifle Maliks development.

We have the option to buy him for £5 million. If activated the club then enter into contract negotiations with the player, Bayern can't stop that. It's been said by a few that the contract terms have been worked out up front with the player, but that's not how it works.

He could ask for more than we're willing to pay after proving his worth. He may decide the league is rotten. He may not have settled in the city. He could also decide he could get another loan option in a better league, his agent may even be looking into this to give him options.

And here in lies the problem, Tillmans agent will be telling him possibly that he could get him an extra 20-30k a week elsewhere and that is not something a player will ignore.

You can say he’s enjoying his football etc but these guys have a finite amount of time to earn their money.

The deal with Bayern is done, as mentioned above it’s how we deal with the player that counts. As for Wilson apparently talking with Munich that will be so we can spread the 5 million out over as long a period as possible In my opinion.

Tillman is someone you could build a team round and others will have noticed that too.

An agreed fee but Bayern can call him back and they also put a clause in their sales of players like these that they can buy back for a fraction of what the players value could be, around 10 million or so

I would still try and buy him regardless of the clause. We won’t have many players of his potential appear to us at such a young age
Pretty sure they done this with another player in the last few years and the buy back option was around the €30million, maybe depends where the player is going mind you.

And here in lies the problem, Tillmans agent will be telling him possibly that he could get him an extra 20-30k a week elsewhere and that is not something a player will ignore.

You can say he’s enjoying his football etc but these guys have a finite amount of time to earn their money.

The deal with Bayern is done, as mentioned above it’s how we deal with the player that counts. As for Wilson apparently talking with Munich that will be so we can spread the 5 million out over as long a period as possible In my opinion.

Tillman is someone you could build a team round and others will have noticed that too.
Pretty sure we only have the opportunity to buy him in the summer if Bayern actually decide they want to let him go. The only thing that is agreed is the fee should they chose to let him leave for us

It’s a fair point but I believe it’s illegal for Bayern to interfere in the deal.
I know that’s maybe naive but this type of loan deal is common on the continent and it doesn’t really work if clubs cheat
I’ve said on previous posts google Cucarella of Chelsea , Barca loaned him out and bought him back twice!

Then other clubs become less keen on doing these types of deals going forward with Bayern in case they get screwed over like that as well.

If they want him to stay at Bayern, they just need to tell him so, but he's going to be looking to play football which won't happen there in the short term.

In your scenario, you also have to remember that Bayern are paying the players wages.
If he signs for Rangers, then they get £5m, we pay his wages, plus they have the buy back.

Financially, there is nothing to gain for Bayern, but potentially they could stifle Maliks development.
No no no they don’t “just need to tell him so”
We have the option buy and they have to pay us a fee to get him back

No no no they don’t “just need to tell him so”
We have the option buy and they have to pay us a fee to get him back
He's here on loan.
There's no obligation on the player to make the move.
So yes, if Bayern tell Tillman they'd like to keep him, that's all they need to do.

You can "no, no, no" me, but I think the Rangers manager might know better than you...

"Ross (Wilson) is away in the background speaking to Bayern. We want to activate the clause we have got.”

Now why would he be doing that if it's as simple as saying "but we've got an option"?

He's here on loan.
There's no obligation on the player to make the move.
So yes, if Bayern tell Tillman they'd like to keep him, that's all they need to do.

You can "no, no, no" me, but I think the Rangers manager might know better than you...

"Ross (Wilson) is away in the background speaking to Bayern. We want to activate the clause we have got.”

Now why would he be doing that if it's as simple as saying "but we've got an option"?
I never said there’s an obligation on the player. I’m trying to explain that Bayern will not stand in the way of us taking up our option to buy Malik,
We would have to match his current terms with Bayern in order for the transfer to go ahead.
If he doesn’t want to sign for us he will go back but not because Bayern improve his terms.

The Bayern buy-back option is no problem at all, despite it limiting our potential profit on him. If they ever decide to use it, he'll have been some f*cking player for us.

Problem obviously is whether he decides to stay or not. No-brainer for me, despite his non-performances against Celtic (so far).
Convincing him to stay is the hard part.
Hopefully it’s win win after that

But we have posters on here saying we shouldn't sign him, because he didn't have a good game when injured against Celtic when they deliberately and systematically took turns to take him out of the game knowing that.

He was subsequently missing for weeks, so that's how bad it was.

But oh "he can't do it against Celtic."

Fit and on form next week, I predict he'll make have a great game.

He's young and developing-it's not just down to that game he's had a few poor OF games. You'd expect a degree of variation in his standards and performances.

At the other side of the spectrum there's a fair rump on here who say he can do no wrong and overstate his performances. Again maybe partly down to development he has been inconsistent.

I think it's fair to say he's now starting to show more and more consistency but he needs that to develop into something tangible in big games.

Buying him at £5M only makes sense if the complications of his deal brings us some payback longer term. And many on here query what our total spend will be next season-Beale has talked it up but if it is say £12M can we afford him?

His German interview a few weeks suggested he was at best not committing himself at this stage.

We have the option to buy him for £5 million. If activated the club then enter into contract negotiations with the player, Bayern can't stop that. It's been said by a few that the contract terms have been worked out up front with the player, but that's not how it works.

He could ask for more than we're willing to pay after proving his worth. He may decide the league is rotten. He may not have settled in the city. He could also decide he could get another loan option in a better league, his agent may even be looking into this to give him options.
You know this for fact?
(Not a dig, just need more on it.)

I know the numbers won’t bear this out but it feels like he’s contributing a goal or an assist virtually every week since the turn of the year. He’s so, so talented along with being intelligent and athletic. We need to spend that money to bring him in.

If he simply doesn’t want to stay then so be it but we cannot let him slip through our fingers if he does want to be here.

I never said there’s an obligation on the player. I’m trying to explain that Bayern will not stand in the way of us taking up our option to buy Malik,
We would have to match his current terms with Bayern in order for the transfer to go ahead.
If he doesn’t want to sign for us he will go back but not because Bayern improve his terms.
I never said Bayern would improve his terms.
I said if Bayern tell him they'd like him to stay, then they'll do that and it's likely he'll stay with them.

You said that couldn't happen.

Back