Tillman and the rumoured 5m price

Would you pay the £5m to make it a permanent deal?

• Total voters
Tillman is one who frustrates because he has a languid style and does take a bit too long to release on occasion. The amount of times today though he got a toe on their passes, and if others had have been sharper would have allowed us more chances. He also has skill and vision. I’d pay it, he potential to be better value than the £7m for Kent and if we do things right we should get it back and more.

Based on the first half no.

2nd half yes.

Still don't know if these games suit him but he worked his arse off but does need to speed it up when playing them.

What did we pay for kent again? 7.5m?

For people saying too much risk/not worth it, it would be good to compare Kent’s first season with us vs Tillman as it feels like Tillman is scoring more?

I think there's a good chance that he'll be worth a lot more than that in the future but at this point it's not a certainty and it's a risk.

It's a risk that, in my opinion, we cannot afford to take given our current situation financially.

Unsure. Knowing our luck we pay it and he ends up shite. Or injury plagued.

Don't pay it and he ends up a superstar

Bare in mind he's 20, first season of playing first team football, played out of position at times by Gio! He's very talented and one we could make money on in a few seasons

We wont have a massive transfer kitty as theres little saleable assets in the club.
Therefore it needs spent wisely and our DOF isnt very good at that.
The cull of players will save a fortune on wages, Beale needs to be firm and let the crocks/ out of contract and ageing players go.

Beale clearly rates him and perhaps sees him like an Aribo type.

If the money is there and Tillman wants it, I think Beale will go for him on a permanent

It’s clear Beale is a fan of him. I think we’ll buy him in the Summer. He has all the potential in the world. He’s just not blessed with pace.

Something about him reminds me of Gabriel Amato.
Makes me think if Hagi comes back in they are two similar types but just wish they had that extra yard of pace.

Clearly a player but not sure about the 5 million. Huge lay out for us.

I suspect we will know by the end of the season.

Old Firm League Cup final looming.

Thar's exactly the kinda game he needs to impact if we are forking big money out.

Back