Tillman and the rumoured 5m price

Would you pay the £5m to make it a permanent deal?

• Total voters
This will be my 3rd attempt to explain

He’s on a loan with a option to buy at end of loan for an agreed fee circa £5m

Bayern have to sell but have the option to buy him back straight away, this is common on the continent and it’s usually twice the sale fee so RFC pay £5m then Bayern pay £10m net £5m profit to RFC

Google Cucarella of Chelsea, Barca sold him twice and bought him back twice
You’ve not explained anything: it’s speculation based on a rumour of a buy-back clause

I'm not sure why you've quoted me here?

But, if the scenario you claim here is true then the decision here is still with Bayern, having to effectively pay 5M to keep your own player doesn't seem like a particularly attractive choice but, if the scenario you describe is true, then the decision still rests with Bayern.

Lets be honest here, no-one on this thread knows the in-and-outs of the contract so we should all just wait and see how it unfolds.
Apologies not meant for you personally
As I’ve said it’s common practice, it’s not complicated.
Too many posters twisting and turning trying to prove this simple deal wrong

That's not exactly what the Bayern coach was saying. He has said there are players out on loan to get experience and with a hope it gets them experience etc to make it back to Bayern first team. He was talking about loans in general. Wasn't specifically directed at Tillman or actually discussing the ins and out of his specific loan.
Tillman is a good player but never makes it at Bayern. If he remains at Bayern he will end up at a Stuttgart or a Wolfsburg. I would definitely take up the option with him and allow him to develop.

Will come down to wether he will want to join us permanently I reckon
Don’t see Bayern wanting him as I feel they reserve those spots to genuinely exceptional youngsters like Musiala & Tel etc
But performances continue / get even better between now and the end of the season he could have some real promising offers on the table from other clubs which could interest him

Will come down to wether he will want to join us permanently I reckon
Don’t see Bayern wanting him as I feel they reserve those spots to genuinely exceptional youngsters like Musiala & Tel etc
But performances continue / get even better between now and the end of the season he could have some real promising offers on the table from other clubs which could interest him

Hopefully he wants to stay with the club.

Back