Tillman and the rumoured 5m price

Would you pay the £5m to make it a permanent deal?

• Total voters
It’s an absolute no brainer! Easiest 5m we’ll spend tbh

I was saying to the lads on the bus earlier that even if Bayern have a buyback clause in his deal, not only would we make money off him (let’s say for talking sake they have an agreed price of 8m) but in reality Tillman’s form would need to absolutely go to the moon for Bayern to pay him any real attention so the reality is all we’d need to do is wait out their exclusivity/buyback clause (which will probably be 1-2 years max) for us for us to really reap major benefits from any future transfer fees we may end up getting.

Worst case scenario we buy, they buy back and we probably make 2-3m
According to Transfermarket we have a buy option with a buy back option.

So i think you're not far away with that

This lad gets better with every passing week. Not just in small increments but great big fckn leaps.
Good young players who have the ability to make these leaps really do need to play and have their game stretched.

I was saying to the lads on the bus earlier that even if Bayern have a buyback clause in his deal, not only would we make money off him (let’s say for talking sake they have an agreed price of 8m) but in reality Tillman’s form would need to absolutely go to the moon for Bayern to pay him any real attention so the reality is all we’d need to do is wait out their exclusivity/buyback clause (which will probably be 1-2 years max) for us for us to really reap major benefits from any future transfer fees we may end up getting.

Bayern sold Tanguy Nianzou for €20m to Sevilla and have a buy back option of €55m. The player also has the standard Spanish release clause which is set at €90m

If someone triggers the release clause then Bayern get 22.5% of it.

If Sevilla only receive offers of less than €55m then Bayern have the option to match it and the player returns to them

I think if the Tillman fee is £5m then the buy back option will be considerably more going by that deal.

Bayern sold Tanguy Nianzou for €20m to Sevilla and have a buy back option of €55m. The player also has the standard Spanish release clause which is set at €90m

If Sevilla only receive offers of less than €55m then Bayern have the option to match it and the player returns to them

I think if the Tillman fee is £5m then the buy back option will be considerably more going by that deal.
According to Transfermarket the buy back clause is already part of the deal we agreed in the summer.

No idea of the figures though

Not for me, thanks.

Just not seeing it.
Lord Summerisle
Administrator Staff Member

jose-mourinho-sweet-trouble.gif

Who said Tillman doesnt have pace btw? He must be one of the fastest in the team when he gets going. He actually has just about every attribute a player can have at 20.

Im going to cry if we dont sign him permanently. Is that what you want Rangers? A grown man crying? Haha
His turn of pace when he can get the ball on the half way line and start a counter is brilliant.

Spot on. That over 20% of people on here don’t understand this is astonishing.

Worth remembering that he had a huge part in us qualifying for the CL this season, plenty of big moments to come from this young man.

Agreed, it won’t be a trivial diffirence.

Also, he’s a good bit short of Bayern standard. They’re looking for attackers who are the best in the world. As good as Tillman is and can be he’s not Bayern standard.

The choice isn’t ours though, it’s down to Bayern and the player. His value is rising pretty much monthly right now, which Bayern will take into consideration, take him back and punt during the following two windows and they are quids in
I was under the impression that the 5 million fee is already in place and we have first refusal on him?

I was under the impression that the 5 million fee is already in place and we have first refusal on him?

If they choose to sell him and if he chooses to sign for us.

By the sounds of things though it's just formalities to complete if we want the deal to be done.

By the sounds of things though it's just formalities to complete if we want the deal to be done.
Yeah that was my thinking too. Obviously if he doesn’t want to come then he won’t but he’s effectively our player already if he wants to be.

That bit has already been agreed.
At least, that was what was suggested at the beginning.

As other posters have said, the deal will be structured with a similar formula regularly used by Bayern.
If we notify we are triggering our option Bayern will have the right to buy the option out for a fee which will mean we have made money on the loan deal.
If they allow us to exercise the option then they will have a right of first refusal in the future at a fixed fee of at least double the fee paid by us plus a sell on % to us.

I’m reading this as we have a buy option after an initial loan then Bayern have a, first refusal buy back option at a later date?
That’s exactly what I’ve been trying to explain throughout this thread.
I think the buy back option is pretty much commonplace in circumstances like this. On a slightly different scale but I think we have a similar arrangement in place for Charlie McCann at Forest Green.

What's the point of an "agreed" fee if Bayern can knock it back?

I thought it was generally that the buying team or the player who can decide not to sign. Just seems pointless if there's no obligation for anyone involved.

I think a lot will depend on what kind of budget we have this summer and how much work needs done to the team.

We've only spent £5m or above on a player once in the last twenty years so that kind of gives an indication of how huge a transfer fee that would be for us.

If money was no object I'd sign him now but unfortunately I think it might be case of wait and see what shape we are in come the summer first.

I think a lot will depend on what kind of budget we have this summer and how much work needs done to the team.

We've only spent £5m or above on a player once in the last twenty years so that kind of gives an indication of how huge a transfer fee that would be for us.

If money was no object I'd sign him now but unfortunately I think it might be case of wait and see what shape we are in come the summer first.

Who is replacing him in this nonsensical hypothetical budget then?

I voted yes as I reckon the lad has loads of potential but in saying that there is risk involved.

Hopefully he turns out to be a good one and we make a bit of money off him in a few years time.

Who is replacing him in this nonsensical hypothetical budget then?

In the summer we could be looking at having to replace Kent, Morelos and two keepers at a minimum plus potentially having to pay £5m for Tilman. I'm in no way saying we shouldn't sign him but at the minute it's not just as simple as saying let's just pull out £5m and sign him now when we probably don't know what shape we'll be in.

I just saw I said no to this post last month when it was up.

Can I please change my mind? :oops:

Boys a pler

In the summer we could be looking at having to replace Kent, Morelos and two keepers at a minimum plus potentially having to pay £5m for Tilman. I'm in no way saying we shouldn't sign him but at the minute it's not just as simple as saying let's just pull out £5m and sign him now when we probably don't know what shape we'll be in.
But if we don’t spend £5 million on Tillman then we need to find someone else to take his place in the team. Doubt there’s too many about with his ability and qualities for that price.

So who you then gambling on signing to replace what he gives us? In his first full season.

It’s a must buy to be honest. An investment as well. This ‘model’ only works that way. Your not going to lose money on him.

But if we don’t spend £5 million on Tillman then we need to find someone else to take his place in the team. Doubt there’s too many about with his ability and qualities for that price.

I think our main priority in the summer has to be a goalkeeper and probably a striker. We lose far too many soft goals and don't score enough for the chances we create.

Hypothetical I know but it all really depends on what kind of money we have come the summer. We'll also have Hagi, Raskin, Cantwell and Lawrence pushing for a start.

I really hope our budget is £15m plus this summer but if it's more modest other parts of the team might need to be looked at.

What's the alternative to buying Tillman? Buying 5 x £1m players? We don't need squad fillers, and we can't afford to lose arguably our best player in the hope we unearth a couple of good players for tiny fees.

This is a dream scenario for a club with our business model. We have an incredible talent who will go on to make us a huge profit. And it shows future young, talented players that Rangers can be a fantastic place to develop - even if you're already at a top club like Bayern, Barca, Madrid etc

Totally disagree. It’s a guaranteed profit in a few years and also buying a player who has proven to be one of the best in the team.

We have to find a way to pay it no matter the budget.

Nah there isn’t anyone who can’t see it with this kid anymore surely?

If people are saying that it’s the classic ‘I’ve made my mind up and he could score a hat trick in the final and it still won’t change’ classic Rangers fan opinion.

See also Tav, Goldson etc etc

Totally disagree. It’s a guaranteed profit in a few years and also buying a player who has proven to be one of the best in the team.

We have to find a way to pay it no matter the budget.
Not to mention that spending low fees on average doesn't often lead to quality. If we signed a keeper and a striker for a combined £5m (losing Tillman) then in all likelihood we would actually be weaker.

For every Morelos that we find for £1m, there's a Grezda, Matondo and many others in the £2-3m bracket that don't work out.

Back