Tillman signing rumours

Just got a text from my daughter, Tillman changed his photo on instagram to this. Anyone know what it could mean ?

nier-rain-nier-automata-silver-hair-wallpaper-bbcd7686a47112913ae4994e3c1c9c02.jpg
Billy Gilmour's stalker has moved north?

The re-writing of Hagi's Rangers career by some is astonishing and I've no idea why he's even been brought up.

Hagi has played against Celtic 5 times. We've won 3, drawn 2 and lost 0.

That's great going for 10 men as Hagi obviously contributed nothing.

Edit..I'm wrong. He's actually played against Celtic 6 times and we've won 4, drawn 2 and lost 0.

My bad.

What on earth are you talking about? Nobody, at any point, suggested Hagi hadn't participated in a Rangers victory against Celtic (even if it was primarily as a substitute...). A weird take on the discussion to say the least. If nothing else, Hagi was used as a point of reference to reinforce why, in my opinion, Tillman is more than worth £5m. We would be looking for a similar fee from anyone looking to purchase Hagi - a player who is 4 years older, who has never recorded the numbers Tillman has this season, and has been injured for over a year.

However, for clarity, and to simplify further, the point I am making is that Tillman's lack of star performances against Celtic is, by some, used as a measurement of whether he is (or isn't) worth the rumoured transfer fee, which is nonsense.

People - no doubt yourself - would want similar money for Ianis Hagi who, aside from being part of a winning side, has done nothing of note (individually) against Celtic.

What on earth are you talking about? Nobody, at any point, suggested Hagi hadn't participated in a Rangers victory against Celtic (even if it was primarily as a substitute...). A weird take on the discussion to say the least. If nothing else, Hagi was used as a point of reference to reinforce why, in my opinion, Tillman is more than worth £5m. We would be looking for a similar fee from anyone looking to purchase Hagi - a player who is 4 years older, who has never recorded the numbers Tillman has this season, and has been injured for over a year.

However, for clarity, and to simplify further, the point I am making is that Tillman's lack of star performances against Celtic is, by some, used as a measurement of whether he is (or isn't) worth the rumoured transfer fee, which is nonsense.

People - no doubt yourself - would want similar money for Ianis Hagi who, aside from being part of a winning side, has done nothing of note (individually) against Celtic.

I'm just sticking up for Hagi. You brought him up and said "What has he ever done against Celtic?"

Hagi's played against Celtic 6 times, 4 as a starter, 2 as a sub and never lost. Ergo he must have done something. He was runner up to McGregor on here in a MOTM poll for at least one of them.

It's a team game, he's obviously contributed a lot against Celtic is my point which you simply dismiss as you can't recall a piece of brilliance. I won't quote Tillman's record vs them as I'm not comparing, you were.

Anyhow, it's a Tillman thread and the point is made. We clearly disagree about Hagi's contributions vs Celtic and that's fine. I just felt it unfair and gave some stats to back that up.

So what happens to next year's budget when we still have to pay for Tillman, Cantwell, Raskin and the rest?
We can't depend on incoming transfer fees because we won't see most of that for ages obviously.
If he costs 5m then he costs 5m, not just the deposit ffs

You don't really understand how football works do you?

I'm just sticking up for Hagi. You brought him up and said "What has he ever done against Celtic?"

Hagi's played against Celtic 6 times, 4 as a starter, 2 as a sub and never lost. Ergo he must have done something. He was runner up to McGregor on here in a MOTM poll for at least one of them.

It's a team game, he's obviously contributed a lot against Celtic is my point which you simply dismiss as you can't recall a piece of brilliance. I won't quote Tillman's record vs them as I'm not comparing, you were.

Anyhow, it's a Tillman thread and the point is made. We clearly disagree about Hagi's contributions vs Celtic and that's fine. I just felt it unfair and gave some stats to back that up.
Hagi has started 1 old firm game, it was the dead rubber after we’d wrapped up 55. The rest of his appearances have been as sub.

He lost the semi final a few weeks back.

No point dragging this out as we're never going to agree. But one thing is for sure, when Hagi does eventually leave Rangers, nobody will be saying "he fair turned up in the old firm games, he really was made for those occasions".

Fair play to you for sticking up for him though :)

So what happens to next year's budget when we still have to pay for Tillman, Cantwell, Raskin and the rest?
We can't depend on incoming transfer fees because we won't see most of that for ages obviously.
If he costs 5m then he costs 5m, not just the deposit ffs

I reckon we're looking at a summer where we'll spend a fair bit, with the aim of building a squad that covers 2 or 3 seasons, and plan not to spend big for a while.

It's what we need right now, and there's not going to be a better time to do it.

I reckon we're looking at a summer where we'll spend a fair bit, with the aim of building a squad that covers 2 or 3 seasons, and plan not to spend big for a while.

It's what we need right now, and there's not going to be a better time to do it.
I think you're close to the mark m8, we must must must get it right

It's 2023. £5m for a player might be a lot of money to us but for a footballer it's buttons.

A 20 year old internationalist, already been here a year and contributed to 20+ goals? Get him signed. No brainer.

A good player with potential. Hopefully sell him in a couple of years for a profit.

People should really reign in their expectations though. 5 million doesn't buy you a Gazza or Laudrup anymore. The finished article costs way, way more than we can afford.

Ever transfer we make has an element of risk. For those saying there's better value to be found elsewhere, if it was as easy as that, then that's what we, and everyone else would be doing.
Spot on. No brainier for me.

'match thread'

R.9b5ce791c9031ac31256ba46fe53a5c7

That explains the Rhecord.
Haha mate. Mugged us off and I feel a bit stupid.

Revised my opinion a bit and realise quoting the record was a fail on my part. I do like Tillman but had some reservations. All good discussions and banter.

Agree, apart from the goal vs USG, the hunger and desire to win the press vs PSV that literally got us in the the CL for the first time in 12 years, scoring the only goal vs Hearts at Ibrox, set up Arfields winner up at Pittodrie, set up 3 chances in the LCF that we missed (as per). He was so anonymous that he won our YPOTY and the countries YPOTY.

Need to stop relying on his young age and inexperience and score every game and play amazing away vs the most in form teams in the world even if he's surrounded by dross.

Haha mate. It’s just opinion. We’re allowed to have different opinions. Putting words in my mouth in the other stuff you say. He doesn’t fill us with confidence based on his performances against teams where we are sitting back. Is that really a controversial opinion?

Imagine having a contrary opinion in this place :D

He might have been a bit over-whelmed or just a bad couple of games. The kids only 20, he has a strange demeanor where he looks lazy but the stats prove he isn't. Even Harry Kane looked shit in his 1st season at 20 in Englands 2nd or 3rd league!

And for me, Tilman in tears at going off injured in the Scottish cup semi is enough proof that he's got hunger and desire to win.

Fair comments mate. Think the tackle he went in for on the semi was f*ckin stupid tbh. It wasn’t far off where I was sitting at Hampden.

Tillman need needs to prove himself in an old firm game and justify the £5 million fee. Whilst this ain’t a lot for English teams, folk on here need to realise this is a lot of money for us.

Still can't get my head round people not wanting to sign him. Hopefully the rumour is true as we'll make an absolute fortune on him after a few title winning seasons.
It’s not the boy signing it the money could buy couple really good players for that money. No doubting ability.

But we know what we are getting for the rumoured 5mil? You go sign 2 guys at 2-3 mil and could be just like Matondo? no brainer to me

Unless a player is coming out of contract there is no value in the £2m - £3m market.

If we keep signing players in the £2m - £3m market and Celtic keep signing players in the £7m - £8m market we’ll be sacking a lot of “clueless managers” before we figure out what the problem is.

Unless a player is coming out of contract there is no value in the £2m - £3m market.

If we keep signing players in the £2m - £3m market and Celtic keep signing players in the £7m - £8m market we’ll be sacking a lot of “clueless managers” before we figure out what the problem is.
Only players Fat Ange has signed that come into that bracket - and its questionable whether the reported fees are accurate - would be Jota and Carter-Vickers. Two very good signings for them but its not as if buying in that market is a regular occurrence for them in recent years. £3m-£5m is more their expensive end of the market and they've had mixed success - Bernabei, Abada, Starfelt, Furuhashi, Johnston, Ho, Haksabanovic. Could argue they've all contributed but, for the outlay, some have been poor.

Regardless, its not the fee that matters, since that's influenced by more than just ability, its the quality of the player. Cantwell at £1.5m being a recent example.

I'd love us to get Tillman back. Not sure it will happen but I will be happy if it does.

No brainer of a signing. Would love it

Sadly I think his heart isn’t in the Scottish game. He will undoubtedly go onto a massive career.
Only people that are saying his hearts not in it are people on here more than likely the same ones that are adamant that tavs going for surgery

and I bet you can't wait to be proved right

You can then go around telling everyone "see I told you so"
I will genuinely be very saddened if I turn out to be right.
It will mean that Rangers will have wasted a chunk of money and given a longish deal to a player who is not going to contribute as much as many hoped.

The sooner this is sorted out one way or another I’ll be glad.

An awful lot of “ITK” posters with completely contrasting posts here, truth is only 3 parties will know whats happening - Rangers, Bayern and Tillman.
Yep, we can all have different opinions, but what I can’t understand is people pretending to know things they quite clearly don’t and just making up pish.

I think about the Diallo loan signing when I think of Tillman.

Diallo came in and showed a lot of potential but was inconsistent as he hadn't really played at that level consistently. He's then went on to have an unbelievable season with Sunderland and shows what regular first team football has done for his game.

Tillman has came in with a similar background and to me has contributed more than Diallo did and looks like he has greater potential.

How much do you think it would cost to buy Diallo this summer?

I think we will kick ourselves but not spending £5m on Tillman

If he's having doubts, it's certainly not Rangers that's the problem, it will be the shite league we play in, imo.

Back