Tillman signing rumours

As I said, you are entitled to your opinion.
It doesn’t make you right to have an opinion and neither does it make me right to have a different opinion.

His numbers against the SPFL dross may well have been good.
His numbers in the matches against Celtic and in the UCL group matches tell a different story.
Yes, he played well against PSV.

We will only ever find out if he is worth the money if he signs.

If he doesn’t, it is an academic argument, and you can shout till your blue in the face as much as you like, but we will never know.
We only play SPL dross. So I have no idea why that’s used as a stick to beat him. His numbers are better than Aribos were and he was a big hit. Can we stop using his 2 games v Celtic as a stick to beat him - it’s not subjective that players need experience to perform in these matches. Very rarely do young men just stroll it in their first Old Firms.

What’s blinkered about it? His numbers during his time here were great, something we have lacked for a very long time. Room for improvement and easily falls into the player trading bracket.

Blinkered would be if there was nothing to back it up. Not playing well against Celtic is not enough to say he won’t do.

If not playing well v celtc is the benchmark boyd was a failure for Rangers.

I'm at the point with tillman he either wants to sign or he doesn't. If he doesn't we move o . Beale has spoke about wanting as many in as possible for day 1. I really hope we arnt gonna let this run all summer like we did with Kent while tillman assesses his options. He's had 3/4 weeks. If he's not ready to commit move on.

Has anyone seen any other clubs linked with him. Strange if he has offers there's not a sniff of any

Read similar shite about Kent when we spunked £7m on him

It’s total nonsense…what’s Tillman going to achieve in one season that will quadruple his value?
It's an oft repeated claim which makes me doubt people's sanity.
It's possible that his value will soar like Bassey's but the people who claim this as a "given" live more on hope than reality.
Bayern must be utter mugs, selling a player for £5m, who will be worth £20m by next May eh?

I like the guy and have no doubt he’s going to do very well in the game.

As for hime being hesitant about signing on at Ibrox I would ask this question.

If you had the opportunity and chance as a talented footballer of playing in Scotland where you receive no protection when being assaulted by utter thugs OR sign for a club in a country where they cherish and protect talented ball players where would you chose to go?

Lets not forget that the west of Scotland is not that highly thought of when a 20 year old thinks about where he’d like to spend his free time.

TBH as much as I’d love him to sign for Rangers I’d consider it a miracle if he did given that he has first hand experience of the thuggery that masquerades as football in Scotland.

I don’t get why people would think we’d have heard by now given that the window isn’t open yet.

From Sky Sports:

“The summer transfer window opens on Wednesday June 14 for all clubs in England and Scotland.

Despite the domestic window opening on June 14, clubs will not able to sign players based overseas until the international window opens on Saturday July 1.”

It doesn’t matter if we’ve got a clause saying we can sign him for a fiver, we can’t do a thing or announce anything until the window opens. Butland was a Bosman, so that’s fine, but we can’t announce the signing of a player under contract with another club from overseas until July 1st.

Yes we can.

It's possible that his value will soar like Bassey's but the people who claim this as a "given" live more on hope than reality.
Bayern must be utter mugs, selling a player for £5m, who will be worth £20m by next May eh?
Yep.

And we didn’t have to take a £5 million punt on Bassey either.

Would I love him to sign? Yes I would.

But if his signing was at the expense of two or three other signings then it's difficult one.

Definitely think he'll be worth way more in a few seasons though.

Hence they have a buy back clause at a lower amount written into the deal should it happen. We aren't selling him for 20mil to anyone. If someone comes in for him at that level, Bayern will be the ones doing the deal not us.

5 is a bit of a high number. Suppose it wouldn't be tgat bad if it was spread over something like 3 seasons.

Tbh Bassey’s EL Final performance and the rounds leading to it were unreal and without doubt added many millions to his worth
Its not a given any player will succeed. Some players will fail to live up to their potential and leave for a lower fee, others will move on a for a profit. That's the trading model we operate.

I think Tillman is one who is more like to gain in value from the £5m he will cost, than drop in value.

I honestly think we could spend the money better. Good player but really Scottish football kick,pull,push foul after foul against him will sicken him eventually.

I cannot understand this debate continuing for so long.
If he signs, and we pay the type of money being spoken about, we will find out soon enough if he is anywhere near worth it.
If he doesn’t sign, all of these arguments, will be academic as we will never know if he would’ve made it at Rangers.
He may go elsewhere and succeed, and it could then be argued a mistake was made.
The reality is, if he does not sign, then we will never really know if he was good enough.

You don't need to be an expert to rate Tillman - just a functioning pair of eyes.

There's a big difference though between having ability and being effective.
Now sometimes it takes time for players to develop but our problem is we have no patience -we don't do development, never have.

I'm on the fence with Tillman.

He obviously has talent but is posted missing alot.
Compared to which of our attackers / midfielders exactly? Cause he was by far the best we had/ have had the last few years.

I struggle with this assertion given that Tillman won by far the most MOTM polls on here and 9 times out of 10 it was by a landslide.

I also struggle with the idea that the players from other teams would vote their team of the year and that Tillman would make it in to the overall 11 if in fact he was “posted missing a lot” throughout the season.

Compared to which of our attackers / midfielders exactly? Cause he was by far the best we had/ have had the last few years.

I struggle with this assertion given that Tillman won by far the most MOTM polls on here and 9 times out of 10 it was by a landslide.

I also struggle with the idea that the players from other teams would vote their team of the year and that Tillman would make it in to the overall 11 if in fact he was “posted missing a lot” throughout the season.
You can struggle away.

He did go missing in alot of games despite showing great promise in others

You can struggle away.

He did go missing in alot of games despite showing great promise in others
Point me to a 20 year old in the world who shows up and dominates every single week.

It simply doesn’t happen. So every other team accepts that there will be occasional dips in performance as they acclimatise to men’s football.

A 20yo who contributed greatly to goals/assists (and very important ones at that), won YPOTY, came second in the clubs POTY vote, was voted into the leagues TOTS by his peers and earned glowing praise from his manager who is desperate to sign him permanently.

Any other teams fans would unanimously agree that said 20yo must be signed at all costs. But not here. The reason: some of our fans have unrealistic expectations from what a 20 year old should be able to deliver in his debut season in top flight mens football.

Point me to a 20 year old in the world who shows up and dominates every single week.

It simply doesn’t happen. So every other team accepts that there will be occasional dips in performance as they acclimatise to men’s football.

A 20yo who contributed greatly to goals/assists (and very important ones at that), won YPOTY, came second in the clubs POTY vote, was voted into the leagues TOTS by his peers and earned glowing praise from his manager who is desperate to sign him permanently.

Any other teams fans would unanimously agree that said 20yo must be signed at all costs. But not here. The reason: some of our fans have unrealistic expectations from what a 20 year old should be able to deliver in his debut season in top flight mens football.
I'm not comparing him to anyone else i'm simply stating fact

As I said, you are entitled to your opinion.
It doesn’t make you right to have an opinion and neither does it make me right to have a different opinion.

His numbers in the matches against Celtic and in the UCL group matches tell a different story.
Yes, he played well against PSV.

We will only ever find out if he is worth the money if he signs.

If he doesn’t, it is an academic argument, and you can shout till your blue in the face as much as you like, but we will never know.

"the SPFL dross" - we play them in 95% of our games.

Honestly it blows my mind that posters hold a 20 year old loanee in his first season of pro football to a higher level than anyone else in the squad.

Tell us one player who did well in the CL this season?

I've got one! Jude Bellingham...but eh, he just moved to Real Madrid for 100m.

The Tillman debate riles me like nothing else.

It epitomises the warped and totally poisonous attitude that some of our fans have towards young players. I don’t think it is the reason we’ve struggled to nurture talent over the years but it’s certainly a big factor.

Even Tillman’s harshest critics would admit we haven’t had a 20 year old do what he has done for us in a single season probably for around 20+ years funnily enough. I would argue that you couldn’t, realistically, expect anything more from a debut season in men’s football.

To pass on him is utter, utter lunacy.

The Tillman debate riles me like nothing else.

It epitomises the warped and totally poisonous attitude that some of our fans have towards young players. I don’t think it is the reason we’ve struggled to nurture talent over the years but it’s certainly a big factor.

Even Tillman’s harshest critics would admit we haven’t had a 20 year old do what he has done for us in a single season probably for around 20+ years funnily enough. I would argue that you couldn’t, realistically, expect anything more from a debut season in men’s football.

To pass on him is utter, utter lunacy.
If Lowry did what Tillman did, can you imagine the chat?

You do realise that to win the league we do actually have to beat the likes of St Mirren and Hibs pretty much every time we play them? It's the same three points we'd get for beating the bheasts.

This forum is genuinely insane. Nobody did well in the Champions League. The only time we turned up against those rats was when the league was over and done with.

If Lowry did what Tillman did, can you imagine the chat?
Talks of £20 million, easy.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a good number of people who genuinely believe Lowry is a better player as well.

Just a few posts prior there’s somebody claiming that Lawrence is vastly superior - which could be true, we just wouldn’t know because we’ve seen Lawrence, what, like 5 times?

Back