Tillman v Aribo.

For me Aribo is the far better player but has no confidence in himself. Tillmans numbers are slightly better than I thought at 6 goals and 5 assists in 33 games. He should get to double figures for both by the end of the season.

Aribo is still a better player both suffer from inconsistency in performance and can flit in and out of games.
Malik has time on his side though and should improve and take over if he progresses.

Tillman produces a lot more goals and assists but Aribo had better physicality, which helped us keep the ball at important times.

We miss a number 8 to control games.

Tillman needs to be better in possession, he still tends to give up the ball from time to time. Aribo on the other hand I don’t think I ever saw someone take the ball away from him, was stuck to his foot like Velcro and he was strong as an ox.

I’d rather have Tillman.

Far from an Aribo hater but he used to frustrate the life out me in OF games. Felt like he had the ability to really impose himself on those games. He had his moments but never bossed one.

Could be wrong but I think Tillman will be excellent for us for a few years.

I’d rather have Tillman.

Far from an Aribo hater but he used to frustrate the life out me in OF games. Felt like he had the ability to really impose himself on those games. He had his moments but never bossed one.

Could be wrong but I think Tillman will be excellent for us for a few years.
Agreed, this is accurate in my opinion.

Aribo a fair bit ahead of Tillman.

However, that could well be a very different answer depending how Tillman progresses in the next couple of years.
Tillman has huge potential.

Tillman has a much better footballing brain. He has the vision to play passes that Aribo wouldn't have played.

Aribo was more physical, but Tillman is only 20 so when he gets stronger he will probably match or perhaps better Aribo's physicality.

Comparing their first season with us I think Tillman edges it.

Aribo is an immense talent, but his belief seems to let him down. He should be a lot more dominant than he is. Still glad to have seen him play.

Aribo was a bit of a shite bag with tackles, but was'nt scared of a shot outside the box he scored a few screamers. Tillman gets dug in and likes to get into the box with the ball to assist or score. Tillman can be lazy Aribo always worked harder off the ball,So quite different Attacking Midfielders. I liked both.But i think Tillman cause of his age he'll come on leaps and bounds and suits our play better.

Aribo just now however Tillman will only get better, aribo is as good as he’s going to be , was a good player for us but always thought he coulda been better

Have high hopes for Tillman

Aribo is currently the better player, Tillman's potential is considerably higher IMO.

I'd say Tillman is currently similar in output and ability to Aribo in his first season with us except he is 3/4 years younger than Aribo at the same point.

At 20 years old Aribo had just broken into the Charlton team and made 22 appearances with no goals and 7 assists (season 16/17).

At the same age Tillman has broken into the Rangers team and currently has 6 goals and 5 assists from 33 appearances.

Make of that what you will.

If, and it remains to be seen, Tillman continues to develop I think he will turn out the better of the two. Right now, Aribo (on last seasons performances) is ahead.

Aribo was a bit of a shite bag with tackles, but was'nt scared of a shot outside the box he scored a few screamers. Tillman gets dug in and likes to get into the box with the ball to assist or score. Tillman can be lazy Aribo always worked harder off the ball,So quite different Attacking Midfielders. I liked both.But i think Tillman cause of his age he'll come on leaps and bounds and suits our play better.
When Aribo first arrived he was always letting runners get away from him. One at Aberdeen sticks out for some reason.

He became more tactically aware with time.

Tillman plays higher up the park just now, and his pressing is very good.

If he continues to develop he could be a really good midfielder, and it sounds like Beale sees him playing as an 8 rather than a 10. His ceiling is a lot higher than Aribo's.

They have a different set of attributes, each player is better or worse at one thing. Mainly I think that Tillman has better accuracy and more of a 'football brain' than Aribo, while Aribo had better physicality and was far more astute defensively. If Tillman develops well then I think he will turn out to be quite a lot better

Tillman will have a better career than Aribo will. Sky is the limit for him.

Not really fair to compare a 26 year old experienced international player with a kid in his first full season of adult football.

Aribo is 26, Tillman is 20. If Tillman was as good as Aribo right now with 6 years on him he probably wouldn’t be with us.

Give Tillman another 5 years of development and ask who was better at the age of 25, and I think it’ll be Tillman by a distance. Hypothetical of course, but the fact this question can even be asked at Tillmans age shows how good he is. It’s his first season in senior football.

With any player that leaves, you have blinkers and remember all the good things he done. Aribo pulling the ball out of the sky was a thing of beauty but he frustrated the life out of me 90% of the time. Tillman influences the game more imo compared to Aribos first season with us.

Tillman is producing numbers and making the difference in games a lot of times already. It'll be interesting to see his numbers come the end of the season and that'll help judge.

Tillman produces a lot more goals and assists but Aribo had better physicality, which helped us keep the ball at important times.

We miss a number 8 to control games.
Exactly this.

Physical prowess was, and is huge part of Aribo's game. If Tillman can learn to use his body to greater effect holding off opposing players when he's on the ball, there will be no stopping him. He has everything else in his locker.

Tillman will end his career having been far better player than Joe Aribo.

When we signed Aribo 23 years old, I think Tillman is a better player now at 20. Aribo progressed massively over the next couple of years but I don’t think it’ll be long until Tillman passes him by.

Im with those who think Tilman has the potential to be better if he continues working hard

Tillman has a higher ceiling overall but I think people forget that Aribo has won a Scottish Cup, led the line and scored in a long Euro run and won the league. So I don't think I'd be too confident saying Tillman is the better Rangers player.

Back