Tillman v Aribo.

I said on here and on my supporter bus that aribo would never be a regular playmaker for any prem team, He improved the things he was already good at while here but the flaws he had were still flaws when he left and still are now watching him, When teams start playing one touch football he’s a lost sheep
I thought I was the only one to spot this,he'll never be a top,top player in EPL a useful squad member nothing more

Have to laugh at that to be honest. “Top drawer” and “beast of a player”. That’s you describing a player who regularly disappeared in the SPL and is currently struggling for game time in a dreadful Southampton side rooted to the bottom of the table.

Maybe it’s yourself who is allowing bias to get in the way because his inconsistency in a league like the SPL and his lack of minutes for a dire side headed for relegation aren’t exactly hallmarks of a “top drawer” player. I don’t think anyone can deny his technical quality, but he just disappears far too often to ever be considered top drawer. Anyone who can’t see that probably isn’t too clued up on their football.
Rangers with Aribo got to a european cup final.

Rangers without got pumped in the champions league hga

Yeah that means nothing though. Rangers with Kirk Broadfoot got to a European final, Rangers with Brian Laudrup didnt.

You’re not in any position to be telling people they don’t know about football when you’re posting nonsense like this.
Read the guys post history. About half of it is slagging off Tillman.

Read the guys post history. About half of it is slagging off Tillman.
Strange guy then. Tillman’s still a young lad with little experience, he’s doing just fine. Aribo on the other hand isn’t, he cant get near a team that is rock bottom of the Premier League.

I read this thread a week ago but never actually commented on it.

My own opinion at the time was that Aribo was far better, but Tillman would end up better at the equivalent age.

The stats have changed considerably in a week though. Aribo’s last season gave 9 goals and 10 assists in 57 games according to Transfermarkt. His first season with us was 9 goals and 8 assists in 49 games.

With two goals in last week however, Tillman is now at 8 goals and 5 assists in 35 games so looking very likely to break Aribo’s records. I never got the impression that he was as good as Joe, but Malik looks like he might be more effective and clinical. Especially if you consider that he had played very little first team games before he joined us so has a much higher potential.

Tillman is much better going forward. We do miss Aribos ability at defending and attacking corners though.

Tillman for £5m(?) is an absolute steal.

We would be shouting we want £20m+ if he came through our academy.

I think tillman is a better player already. But for the fans it will probably come down to how effective he is in the old firms. They usually passed Aribo by

I wouldn't say there is much in it, maybe with Tillman being better. Tillman is also 6 years younger and only in his first year of football.

I would much rather have Tillman in our squad right now.

I certainly wont run big Joe down. I love the guy. Superb footballer... however. Tillman is special. Hes the most talented 20yo ive seen at Ibrox in my lifetime. I genuinely believe that. Its not that Joes bad, its that Tillman is exceptional. His debut season with us at 20, is at least on par with big Joes debut season and he was 3 years older - personally i think it exceeds it. Its scary to think how good he will be by 23 (the age Aribo joined us) never mind 26 (the age he left us).

I don't think comparisons with Aribo are helpful.

I really like Aribo and feel he's missed.

Tillman, while different, is an excellent prospect.

And if he keeps influencing games as he has been doing then signing him makes sense.

Recent goals have been impressive.

And overall he's put in some standout performances.

And if he keeps influencing games as he has been doing then signing him makes sense.

No comparisons like this you mean?
'Rangers with Aribo got to a european cup final.

Rangers without got pumped in the champions league hga'

I love Aribo and Tillman is miles ahead. Search my post history. Tillman is our player of the year currently. He's not playing better now, he's always played this well. He is a fucking excellent player. We should be asking Bayern to forgo the sellon and pay them double what they want. Kent outlay on him would be more than justified and I hope our board see this.

Tillman is a more complete footballer, If I was given the choice between the two it'd be Tillman all day long, and that's not just blue tinted specs speaking.

If Aribo was still a Rangers player he starts ahead of Tillman.

Regardless the Aribo ship has sailed.

Tillman is an exciting prospect.
Tillman will be playing champions league with us next year, Aribo will be warming the bench in the championship, I got slated for saying he would be at qpr or millwall standard within 18month of leaving us when others were saying he would be at an arsenal! Tillman’s better already

Aribo is at his peak, and Tillman is 20 years old.

If you were to compare them now, it would be pretty close.

Give Tillman a couple of years more experience and development, and he will be at a totally different level to Aribo.

Aribo was a great player capable of the spectacular goal.

However he did have some shockers for us and in particular old firm games.

Tillmans best days are ahead of him and I think he will surpass Aribo very soon

Different types of players altogether it's pleasing how well Tillman has done since coming to Rangers.
Aribo was a very cultured player but took a real dip after AFCON, started off as the best player as
well.
Good players at Rangers get scouted quickly as we are a cheap market at times.

I’m never one for these type of ‘messi v ronaldo’ type debates. I just hope we keep discovering young players like these that can hit these type of numbers and the rest you can keep comparing them for years to come

Different types of players altogether it's pleasing how well Tillman has done since coming to Rangers.
Aribo was a very cultured player but took a real dip after AFCON, started off as the best player as
well.
Good players at Rangers get scouted quickly as we are a cheap market at times.
Very frustrating how he came back completely different, had hope of him coming back and playing v them.

I love Joe as a player, but it's not close.

Tillman at 20 is better than Joe was at 25, he's just a special talent who produces game changing moments every week.

I think we are lucky to have seen both play for us, as they are both great players so not really wanting to say who’s better than who. The only thing I will say is that Tillman seems to have a bit more confidence, or arrogance and will try the unexpected. This could be something that allows Tillman to go very far.

Folk seem to forget aribo turned up maybe once every 6 games or so very much a player when he wasnt on it you wouldn't notice if he wasn't in the team. Amazing what time does on this place. There's a reason he doesn't get a game for Southampton as talented as he is. Tillman will have a better career I'd be willing to bet on that.

Difference for me is Tillman is a goalscorer Aribo isnt.

The chances Aribo missed against Leipzig when were were 2/0 up and one in Scottish cup final against Hearts at 0/0 I think Tillman tucks away as hes more natural in front of goal.

Aribo was good for us - I think Tillman will go on and surpass Aribo numbers quite comfortably.

This thread is for the most part completely ridiculous and exposes how football fans think like sheep, and struggle to think beyond their biases.

No one can predict the future - Tillman may evolve to become a beast of a player.
But as concerns comparisons Aribo vs Tillman, it's simple:

Aribo is top drawer, Tillman could become top drawer - but is not.

We were completely embarrassed in the champions league largely due to our inability to win the ball or keep it. Memories of Aribo and a at-the-races Morelos holding up the ball are now a mere memory.

If you think Tillman is better than Aribo you don't know much about football.
Aribo was a cracking player for us eventually, you do a severe disservice to Tillman when comparing them though.

It’s sad that you degenerate a player to elevate another. If you can’t see that Tillman has the potential to be a top player, maybe it’s you that knows little of football.

Are you chic young?

Aribo was a cracking player for us eventually, you do a severe disservice to Tillman when comparing them though.

It’s sad that you degenerate a player to elevate another. If you can’t see that Tillman has the potential to be a top player, maybe it’s you that knows little of football.
Tillman has great potential.

Aribo should be much further on than he is. His issue was never talent, he had that in abundance from day 1. He should have owned our league but outside last season's early purple patch he never came close to it. I know why I think he didn't but there may be other reasons.

Tillman has a higher potential ceiling already. It'll be up to him how good he becomes, same as Aribo.

Tillman still very young and raw but I reckon he'll be 2x the player that Aribo was at us (only if he signs for us)

Back