Tillman

Forget Raskin, Whittaker or any other player we are being linked with. Tillman is by far the best signing we can make. Outstanding talent. He already has decent physique for his age but is still growing. Imagine what he will be like in a few years when we have refined his game and he naturally develops. You can tell he will be built like a tank. He is a MUST buy at the quoted £5m fee.

It would be mental not to sign him, and I think we will. He's a superstar and will only get better. If we can resign kent, then a choice of Kent, cantwell, hagi, tillman and hopefully a new right winger is mouth watering, and that's without even considering Lawrence.

Who is?

Also, who is comparing Tillman's ability to the likes of Modric etc, we're talking about pace alone.

You've yet to define what "genuine pace" is, especially if you're saying some of the guys who've been mentioned have it, yet Tillman doesn't.

In fact I think someone corrected you earlier when they said he was actually clocked as our 2nd fastest player behind Matondo so...?
Modric is like Usain Bolt in the eyes of DylanGer - absolutely moronic view.

Pace is an important quality but it isn't the only one, and Tillman ticks most other boxes whilst not exactly being a slouch either.

Read these threads on Tillman with total bemusement. I can only assume some never watch a game sober. He is not thundering into tackles but wins the ball back more than any other player in the team. When he does win it back more often than not it is in a controlled manner so we regain possession rather than it cannoning around making it at best 50/50 which team gets it or ricocheting out of the park
He retains possession in situations no other player in the team can with his strength. To me at least he looks fast enough at covering ground to recover when he needs to
Most of the criticism aimed at him is the same as used to be aimed at Aribo and it is equally inaccurate

Nowhere close?

Maybe I could accept some people thinking other players are a little better than him, but no one in our squad is a lot better than him.

I personally think he's been our best player over the course of the season. I can't see who you think is much better than him.
I stated better player-over the course of this season you are struggling to find anyone who has been consistent and that includes Tillman.

He's nowhere near our best players you did read that correctly.

Read these threads on Tillman with total bemusement. I can only assume some never watch a game sober. He is not thundering into tackles but wins the ball back more than any other player in the team. When he does win it back more often than not it is in a controlled manner so we regain possession rather than it cannoning around making it at best 50/50 which team gets it or ricocheting out of the park
He retains possession in situations no other player in the team can with his strength. To me at least he looks fast enough at covering ground to recover when he needs to
Most of the criticism aimed at him is the same as used to be aimed at Aribo and it is equally inaccurate

His passing stats are pretty brutal.

His passing stats are pretty brutal.

F*ck the stats. Do you watch the game itself?

He was absolutely fantastic yesterday. I lost count of the time he chased down, regained possession, and got us moving again.

His 'stats' are no doubt skewed by the inventive, creative and generally fairly difficult things he tries far more than others. Whilst these don't come off quite as much as the square-baw pish that would bump his stats up, when they do work it creates a huge chance.

F*ck the stats. Do you watch the game itself?

He was absolutely fantastic yesterday. I lost count of the time he chased down, regained possession, and got us moving again.

His 'stats' are no doubt skewed by the inventive, creative and generally fairly difficult things he tries far more than others. Whilst these don't come off quite as much as the square-baw pish that would bump his stats up, when they do work it creates a huge chance.

I was at the game I don't agree with the high praise, the good stuff is special but he has bad flaws at this stage and looks to be still adjusting to the Scottish game.

Suggesting fukk the stats when it comes to passing from a midfield player is as punter centric as it gets.

I get he has caught the imagination of a section of the support which is fine-he's young but he's not tearing up this league and you will see a quick and bitter re-evaluation should we example lose a key game and he puts in one of his average performances.

The overall balance in the team middle to front is still not right and I absolutely get a young developing player would benefit massively from more consistency from more experienced players.

I absolutely though and fundamentally disagree with the level of praise on this thread-if we had by far the best player in Scotland in him I'd suggest our league standing would be a fair bit better.

One of our best performers under M.B, probably our most creative player and provided most assists, alongside Kent of course.

Can pick out flaws like any player and players like him and also the way Aribo was too, can be frustrating and flit in and out of games but some of the things he does sets him apart and looks like someone who can improve no end. No everyone has that about him.
He was constantly trying to take quick set plays and throws yesterday too but nobody seemed to be on his wavelength!

I stated better player-over the course of this season you are struggling to find anyone who has been consistent and that includes Tillman.

He's nowhere near our best players you did read that correctly.

I'm inclined to say you're very, very wrong there.

But we'd be here all year going in circles! :-D

I was at the game I don't agree with the high praise, the good stuff is special but he has bad flaws at this stage and looks to be still adjusting to the Scottish game.

Suggesting fukk the stats when it comes to passing from a midfield player is as punter centric as it gets.

I get he has caught the imagination of a section of the support which is fine-he's young but he's not tearing up this league and you will see a quick and bitter re-evaluation should we example lose a key game and he puts in one of his average performances.

The overall balance in the team middle to front is still not right and I absolutely get a young developing player would benefit massively from more consistency from more experienced players.

I absolutely though and fundamentally disagree with the level of praise on this thread-if we had by far the best player in Scotland in him I'd suggest our league standing would be a fair bit better.

I pointed out why stats from a midfielder are easily skewed and used that to justify the perspective that you should trust your eyes rather than the pass completion percentage.

Fu*k knows what you saw yesterday, but to suggest Tillman wasn't worthy of high praise says everything I need to know about your perspective.

I won't waste any further time on it with you.

I pointed out why stats from a midfielder are easily skewed and used that to justify the perspective that you should trust your eyes rather than the pass completion percentage.

Fu*k knows what you saw yesterday, but to suggest Tillman wasn't worthy of high praise says everything I need to know about your perspective.

I won't waste any further time on it with you.

Some real delicate flowers on here...........

He plays high risk passes. It'll skew his stats. To dismiss that would be naeive.

He's turning in good numbers.

Any "bad flaws" in his game are being made up for. I'm intrigued as to what qualifys you to disagree with that to be honest.

He needs to add more goals to his game.

He has 6 this season but we need the player in that position to be getting 15-18 goals per season.

He is young and this is his first full season. I like him but the main determinant of him being successful will be his ability to add goals as he continues to develop.

Midfielders getting 15-18 goals a season is very rare to be fair.

I didn't say I didn't rate him I said he wasn't a superstar in the making.
He has no genuine pace which is problematic in the modern game he has magic feet, can do exceptional things but often with no pay off, he gets sacked on the ball time after time after time.

At 20 coming to Scotland he can adjust and get better but there are no superstars in modern football without pace.
Only thing is he does have pace

Back